Phantis Forums

Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)

Ziaka

Other EPL newcomers Hull City who were once interested in Samaras has now turned their interest to Charisteas... Hopefully he goes..

I do not know why Charisteas did not show much interest in Stoke City and prefer to play division 2 germany..

I regard the EPL as the top league in the world, and i want to see Greeks playing there.

CHARISTEAS SHOULD GO!!!

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, I don't know what Charisteas is thinking here. He has the chance to play in the EPL and he's considering staying to play in the German B Division !?!?!?!

Sure Stoke and Hull City will likely struggle to avoid relegation but so what? It's still the EPL and he'll still have a chance to play against some of the best teams in the world.

Seriously, I don't know what Charisteas is thinking here. He has the chance to play in the EPL and he's considering staying to play in the German B Division !?!?!?!

Sure Stoke and Hull City will likely struggle to avoid relegation but so what? It's still the EPL and he'll still have a chance to play against some of the best teams in the world.

Haristeas has lost the plot!!! Anorthosis should also try and sign him too! :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Haristeas has lost the plot!!! Anorthosis should also try and sign him too! :P
his addicted to german sausages and schnitzel von crumb

According to the world's media there are 4 clubs have been linked with Haristeas. Chievo Verona, Reggina, Bologna, and Hull City. Personally I think the English game suits him best, but the fact is that this year he's only managed to get 1 goal in 13 appearances in the German 2nd division. That's poor! If he does go to any of these clubs it really will be the last chance saloon for him.

According to the world's media there are 4 clubs have been linked with Haristeas. Chievo Verona, Reggina, Bologna, and Hull City. Personally I think the English game suits him best, but the fact is that this year he's only managed to get 1 goal in 13 appearances in the German 2nd division. That's poor! If he does go to any of these clubs it really will be the last chance saloon for him.

Since then West Brom and Fulham have also been rumoured to be interested. If the rumours about Fulham are true it could be a great move for him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I know for a fact that Melbourne Heart a team who will enter Australias league next season have shown interest in Charisteas.

I think it will be a good move for him.. he needs more game time...

Also a clever move by Melbourne Heart - With Greeks all over Australia - they will turn out in numbers to support Charisteas/Heart if they do end up getting him.

Anyone know a bit more about this than i do?

I know for a fact that Melbourne Heart a team who will enter Australias league next season have shown interest in Charisteas.

Also a clever move by Melbourne Heart - With Greeks all over Australia - they will turn out in numbers to support Charisteas/Heart if they do end up getting him.

It would be a horrendous move for him! It would be the end of his career. With all due respect the Aussie league is on a par with Greece's lower 2nd or upper 3rd division.

Haristeas still has fuel left in the tank and he would never make such a move.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be a horrendous move for him! It would be the end of his career. With all due respect the Aussie league is on a par with Greece's lower 2nd or upper 3rd division.

Haristeas still has fuel left in the tank and he would never make such a move.

Yeah I agree. He has many critics but moiving to Australia won't be a good career move.

I saw some highlights in the last round of Bundesliga and Charisteas played against Shalke in match tha Nurnberg lost 1 nil and he hit the post and also had a hand in some other plays.

I think Rehhagel miss uses him...he should be used as the central striker, but not as the primary striker ahead of Gekas, He should be used as a substitute.

• 1 month later...

Charisteas managed to pull the 2-1 winner for Nurnberg away against Berlin today. Gekas scored hearthas goal. After the game the homeside fans ran riots on the pitch attacking their own players.

Good for the Ethniki at least :gr:

Charisteas managed to pull the 2-1 winner for Nurnberg away against Berlin today. Gekas scored hearthas goal. After the game the homeside fans ran riots on the pitch attacking their own players.

Good for the Ethniki at least :gr:

was Gekas attacked? are they all ok?

sorry to be negative but Xaristeas is still an awful player who would do great to not take up a space on the WC squad (especially god forbid the starting 11 of far superior forwards)

After seeing the goal, you realize if you play striker in your career long enough goals are bound to drop to your feet even if your terrible like Xaristeas. And that was one of them. Open net alone with miles of space. I'm more impressed that Nurnberg actually put him in.

• 4 months later...

I don't have a link for this but Charisteas has been linked with a trial at Norwich City so he could be playing in the English Championship next year. How the mighty have fallen! He'd be better off going back to Aris or possibly a team like Larissa.

• Argy changed the title to Aggelos Charisteas ‒ (Retired)
  • Argy locked this topic

Archived