Phantis Forums

A. O. XALKIS

Vaggar

After a warm summer with a lot up and downs, we managed in the second stage of the playoff game to achieve promotion in the C' Division.

I have no clue what were the team's transfers this summer.

I hope we have a good year and avoid any problems.

Yesterday we gave the first official game against Kalamata for the 1st round of the cup.

The report can be found http://www.eleftherianews.gr/athlitika/athlitika.htm (a newspaper from Kalamata)

The goals

10' Kalantis made a cross from the left side and Trichias scored by heading the ball

15' Shot by Segkos just missed

52' Foul kick by Pilioura, again Trichias heads the ball pass the goalkeeper

72' Trichias sents the ball in the post

90' Segkos is fouled by Piliouras - Giagkinis scores with the penalty kick.

Yeloow cards were given to Arganti, Konstantopoulo, Rafailidi and Mpokari

Chalkida played with: Kipouros, Deligiannis (83' Seintopoulos), Kalampokas, Mpokaris, Feidas (56' Mitrou), Tsoutis, Segkos, Tsirogiannis (70' Manesis), Rafailidis, Giagkinis, Michelis.

The second leg is on Sunday, but not in the Chalkida National Stadium (I don't know why, I can only imagine some type of renovation). Is on the Artaki stadium.

Iakove, I am touched!!!

Finally there is another one on the forum that cares about Chalkida. :tup: :tup:

The info that I have is very limited. I've been away from Greece for the past three years and I have lost track. The problem for the last decade or so was the money. Evoia is in a bad economic situation, which has affected the team also.

For the past seven years the team was in the D' division. Many times we were contenders for the promotion, but only this year we manage to achieve it.

One good think is that the fans looks like they are close to the team. 2000 of them traveled to Livadia for the play off game against Illisiakos.

Iakove, may I ask if you have any connections with Chalkida?

Hi there! Thanks - I appreciate the update :) I have relatives and friends living in Chalikida and have lost touch with the team since they got demoted a number of years ago... I used to visit the stadium for friendly matches.... My email is (edited)... Let's keep in touch :) Iakovos

Note: It's best that you don't post your email address. Spammers use harvesting robots to get email addresses from sites (like this) and then add you to spam lists. If any member wishes to contact you via email, they can contact you via the email interface by visiting your profile and selecting to contact you via email (provided you make yourself available in your personal settings.)

Just a precaution and a word of advice to avoid unpleasant experiences in the future.

-- Lazarus --

Chalkida didn't make it against the more experienced Kalamata. We lost in the second game 0-1 and Kalamata was the one that got the ticket for the second round of the Greek cup.

In front of 2000 fans both teams had chances to score in the first half, but didn't manage it.

In the beginning of the second half Chalkida missed our biggest chance to score with Seggos. In the 74th min Goundoulakis scored for Kalamata. Chalkida had another big chance to score in the end of the game, when the foul kick by Michelis was deflected by Kalamatas keeper.

For Chalkida played: Kipouros, Deligiannis (78th Mitrou), Kalampokas, Mpokaris, Seintepoulos (72 Manesis), Seggos, Rafailidis, Giagkinis, Michelis, Tsoutis (86th Feidas), Tsirogiannis

Iakove, I was raised in Chalkida and my family still leaves there. I hope I will be able to visit them during Christmas. I haven't been there for two years now.

I will post any info that I will find for the team, although it is difficult to find.

Keep checking back for news :tup:

• 2 weeks later...

Chalkida didn't manage to win the first home game. :(

Marko scored in the first half, but we manage to make the come back in the second half scoring two goals. The first was scored by Michelis after an assist by Sego, while Manesis was the scorer of the second goal. In the 4th min of the injury time, Marko equalized. Segos had a shot in the post earlier that whould have secured our win.

Next game is on Wednesday against Lykoi in Thesaloniki.

I found the roster of the team for the game against Marko.

For Chalkida played:

Kipouros, Deligiannis D., Karampokas, Mpokaris (12' Seintopoulos), Tsoutis, Segkos, Manesis (86' Mitrou), Rafailidis (45' Roussos), Tsirogiannis, Giagkinis, Michelis.

Michelis in the 56th and Manesis in the 76th min were the scores of AOX. Yellow cards received Tsoutis, Michelis, Manesis, Roussos and Tsirogiannis.

On Monday Chalkida was called by the athletic judge because of objects throwing and protests against the referee.

Also, the placing of the new terrain has finish, as well as the repairs in the locker room and the offices of the stadium. Under way is the construction of the conference room, the renovation of the entrance and the painting of the exterior sectors. More at http://www.servitoros.gr/news/view.php/4083

This Sunday we play our second game, again at Chalkida, against Pontiako. Pontiakos was one of our opponents during the play off games and we tied the between us game despite the fact that Chalkida was a much better team. I think that this time we are going to get them!!!! :box: :box:

Ela re Chalkidaraaaaaaaa

In frond of 2500 fans (according to ERASpor), Chalkidara manage to achieve the first win of the season, defeating Pontiakos 1-0 (0-0 half time). :band:

Chalkida was much better and lost a lot of chances to score more goals, but in the last 10 min Pontiakos had chances to equalize.

The goal was scored by Tsirogiannis in the 69th min. Deligiannis hit the post with a direct foul kick in the 25th min, while Segkos missed three great chances to score in the second half.

This was a game that we had to win if we want to keep away from trouble this year. After this victory Chalkida is in the 10th place with 4 points after two games.

Thanks for the updates :) Sounds like Chalkis is on track :) Hope they can keep up the pace and remain in the third division. I'd really like to see the renovated Chalkis Stadium -- I always loved going to a few home games a number of years ago. I remember the year Chalkis finished second in the second division and missed going to the first division - I believe Lamia went instead as league champion. ... Take care, Iakovos

Lykoi - AOX 1-1 :tup: :tup:

This game was for the 3rd matchday. We scored first at the 27th min. Deligiannis (the former player of Ionikos) kicked a foul in the area and Mpokaris headed the ball in the net.

Lykoi had a dominating second half and a lot of chances to score. They had two shoots at the post (44th and 70th min), while Kipouros (former keeper of Kavala) made three impressive saves in the 57, 58 and 74th min. Unfortunately we was not able to save the shoot in the 71st min that equalized the game.

Chalkida had only one chance in the second half, but the shoot of Michelis in the 84th min was wide.

Chalkida is now 8th with 5 points in 4 games.

• 3 weeks later...

After loosing two games in the row, AOX managed to take one point today from Acharnaikos (0-0). Its a good result that hopefully will boost the morale of the team :tup: :tup: (after loosing points during injury time against Marko and Rhodos).

Unfortunately, the only info that I have is for the first half. Acharnaikos had a couple of shoots that Kipouros didn't have a difficult time blocking. We missed the biggest chance to score in the 44th min, when Seggos shoot was deflected and Karampokas missed on the follow up shot, sending the ball wide.

Our schedule is difficult. Next week we play undefeated Kastoria at home, and then we play two consecutive games away, at Kilkisakos and at Leonidio.

What makes it more difficult is that our opponents have a day off the week before, since the games of Agrotikos Asteras are postponed. Hopefully, this will end soon.

• 1 month later...

Chalkida is in the process of changing owner.

Kostas Korlos and Stelios Polykratis will probably be the new owners. More details in a few days.

As for tomorrow game's against Veroia, the participation of Seggou (first scorer of AOX) and Giagkini is in doubt.

Veroia changed coach on Friday. Stoika was fired and Periklis Amanatidis was hired. Amanatidis is the coach that lead last year Poseidona N.P. in the championship of the C' Division. Also Veroia players were promised a 3.000 Euro extra bonus if they win the game against Chalkida.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are in the 11th place with 44 points after 32 games, with no worries about relegation. B)

Last game we got beaten by POA 3-0 but mostly because we were playing with 10 players for 50+ minutes.

report from the game against POA

Also according to www.patris.gr the atmosphere between POA and AOX was very friendly mainly due to our common worries in the summer play off games.

Archived