Phantis Forums

SL1-PO-R9: AEK - PAOK (15-Jul-20, 21:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

Maybe we should make the biggest Bougatsa ever and bring it to the offices of AEK. 

Would be a good thing to normalise things in Greek football. Good sportmanship yes. p*****es No. Also from our side. We weren’t (aren’t?) saints either.

• Like it 2

18 hours ago, pash said:

ahahaha so they obviously will

-edit- apparently our other opponents could have but they didn't notice, and so that chance is gone? ahahahaha we're so stupid

Clubs do not have access to one another player passes. Each club submits their passes to the officials prior to the match, it is then up to the officials to verify them. 

Olympiakos official must feel very stupid right now for not being able to find out about the medical cards issue prior to our game with them. Reports are that the fat man went berserk today after he found out about it.

The gangster, a sly fox that he is, played this whole incident to his advantage. Yes, his fans are probably angry at him right now, but in the long run he will reap the benefits. Wonder what him and Savvidis discussed last night after the whole fiasco surfaced. let's not forget EPO elections are coming up and the gangster will need PAOK's help for him to keep control of EPO.

As for PAOK, it's just unbelievable that we continue to shoot ourselves in the foot. Throwing money at the problem does not solve anything. You need to have competent people run the company, which obviously is not happening.

16 hours ago, Bananas said:

They should pursue it if they want to stay true to their name.  AEX AEX AEX.

Let's see what comes of this.  I'm not that fussed to be honest as I put our chances of qualifying to the CL group phase as 0.01% anyway.

True to their name Hahaha,  AEK did some thing NO Greek club would do, including your precious PAOK. 

Na to thinaste

7 hours ago, DunfermlineAthleticPAOK said:

Firstly I would have thought that  the league will not need AEK to put in a complaint. Surely if the players were ineligible and this has now been noticed and the authorities are aware then the league have to punish us regardless? 

Great point

1 hour ago, Alphonse said:

True to their name Hahaha,  AEK did some thing NO Greek club would do, including your precious PAOK. 

We've never been tested.  The only thing we're good at is receiving points deductions which we seem to excel at.  I guess there was the Ivic fiasco with the beer can (was it full, was it empty, was it half empty) but for myself and many other PAOK fans that never sat well.  What Ivic did was ridiculous and he should have seen the game out.

Regardless, hats off to Melissanidis for a reasonable decision.  Henceforth, I shall refer to AEX as AEK.  So let it be written, so let it be done.

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Olympiakos official must feel very stupid right now for not being able to find out about the medical cards issue prior to our game with them. Reports are that the fat man went berserk today after he found out about it.

Nobody cares about our most recent game, the league is over for us, just the cup and Europa now. Also like I posted right above you, the cards are in the hands of the officials (refs) only, clubs do not have any access to another clubs cards. So your wet dreams about an angry fan base or fat man are just that, your own fantasies.

I didn't expect this to happen, massive props to AEK. I don't think any other team in Greece (PAOK included) would've taken the high road, regardless of the reason. It could potentially be a huge step in the right direction for Greek football and as Dutch said hopefully it's the first of many instances  of sportsmanship in the league. On the topic of sportsmanship, something that I feel must be mentioned and phrased is OFI's, guard of honour for Olympiakos. I know Olympiakos is truly hated in these parts (Im not a massive fan either) but it's the attitude that needs to be had towards opponents, respect not hate. I realise that's probably a pipe dream given the type of people that run Greek clubs but there is maybe just a speckle of light at the end of the tunnel.  

We are truly lucky AEK chose to go about things the way they have. A bonehead mistake like that deserves to be punished. We are counting our lucky stars and we maybe CL bound. 

Edited by paokarag4

3 hours ago, Bananas said:

We've never been tested.  The only thing we're good at is receiving points deductions which we seem to excel at.  I guess there was the Ivic fiasco with the beer can (was it full, was it empty, was it half empty) but for myself and many other PAOK fans that never sat well.  What Ivic did was ridiculous and he should have seen the game out.

Regardless, hats off to Melissanidis for a reasonable decision.  Henceforth, I shall refer to AEX as AEK.  So let it be written, so let it be done.

Fairenough and well played ?

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

And what is that?

Didn’t take it to the courts as you know 

5 hours ago, Alphonse said:

That no club anywhere would do pretty much IMO. Even teams in amateur or recreational leagues (in any sport) can be super competitive and would take any advantage they could get.

Lighten up, Pash! For every thing there must be a first time. Maybe this a a once in a lifetime. If so then we can shout and point fingers. For now AEK has done a good thing. Bougatsa for them! 

What is curious to me is that in Greece it is the clubs that do this “enstasi”. Here in The Netherlands it is the prosecutor of the FA (KNVB) that is authorised to start an investigation whether a club has broken a rule. And as Tzatziki states it is not the clubs that have access to the passes of the other clubs. The official must check and act (informing the FA). Then it is up to the FA (overhere, and probably all the other countries except Greece) or to the opponent (Greece).

It was a calculated move by the gangster in order to make himself look good. Now he can continue grabbing other people's private parts unimpeded.

And don't give  me the bs that no other teams would have done the same. PAOK could have filed a protest against Aris for using ineligible player (Durmishaj) in the game we lost 4:2, but chose not to, so take holier-than-thou attitude somewhere else.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, italosPAOK4 said:

oi upallhloi ths PAE pou eu8unontai einai gia klwtses kai mpounies. oson afora to tigrogato den 8elei na riksei lefta gia paiktes champions ligk tou xronou.

I did not want to say it, but I was thinking it...

On 7/18/2020 at 6:20 AM, Alphonse said:

Your paranoia will ALWAYS get the best of you.

Keep believing your PAOK based theories, na mi se po.

@Blackhawk before you go to bed every night, do you look under the bed or in the closet for fat gangsters or some other baboula?

21 hours ago, italosPAOK4 said:

oi upallhloi ths PAE pou eu8unontai einai gia klwtses kai mpounies. oson afora to tigrogato den 8elei na riksei lefta gia paiktes champions ligk tou xronou.

Sadly, this is true. Team is just coasting until they move into the new stadium.

• Like it 1

9 hours ago, Nea Bafra said:

Most teams appear to be coasting post lockdown tbh

Sure, but AEK has been doing this for a few seasons. Won the unexpected title a few seasons ago, somehow got to the Champions League group stage. Put all the money into the stadium to reduce debt/be debt free. Then proceeded to ignore roster problems for the next two seasons. I understand looking for free transfers but they had a chance when they qualified for the group stage to spend a little money and secure some quality players.

This season, everyone knew Hult was leaving and they ignored that at the deadline as well as the gaping holes on defense. 

^ a lot of people assume their team is ignoring issues when the problem may just be an inability to coax anyone to come play in Greece. This happens on this forum all the time as well. Sometimes, the choice is between a shitty option and no option (and why spend money on a terrible option?)...

33 minutes ago, pash said:

^ a lot of people assume their team is ignoring issues when the problem may just be an inability to coax anyone to come play in Greece. This happens on this forum all the time as well. Sometimes, the choice is between a shitty option and no option (and why spend money on a terrible option?)...

i wish we would make this choice more often

• Like it 1

There are players out there that are cheap or can be brought in on a free transfer.  The problem is having someone that has the vision to spot a player and wages.  Examples of players we brought, Mak, Rodrigues, Lucas all under a million.  Michel brought Matos and I think Mauricio as free transfers.  Campos and Biseswar I think also we’re free transfers.  Prijovic considering what he did for us was a steal at roughly 2 million.  Crespo was cheap.  Varela 1 million.  Canas and Shakhov I think free transfers.  I’d have to check some but you get what I mean.

If you want Oliviera quality, that’s just too difficult right now.  We just don’t have the budget. 

As to paschalis point, he is right about the difficulty in getting players to play in Greece.  Most of the names mentioned were swayed by a fairly high salary, which has now given us problems with FFP which need to be sorted out.

Still, what was done I believe had to be done to compete for the title.  It will be interesting to see how the team juggles the roster and wages to accommodate FFP regulations.