Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2020

Blackhawk

Looks like the Saudi team we sold Prijovic is late paying PAOK the 10 mil transfer. Rumors say we already sent the matter to FIFA. Wonder if we can claim the player again if they refuse to pay the remaining 3.5 mil that they still owe us.

• 2 weeks later...

Rodrigo Andres Battaglia, a 29 year old Argentine midfielder from Sporting Lisbon, is linked to us. 

Abel knows him from the season he was a loanee at Braga.

Should cost 8 mil. Don't think so these days.

Our under 17's goalkeeper Nikos Botis looks like he's on his way to Inter Milan youth teams. We will retain 20% of his resale value. Good on the kid for getting a move to a big club at such a young age wish him all the best for his career if the move does go through. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/paok-provarei-th-fanela-ths-inter-o-mpoths.5711467.html

• Like it 2

Wernbloom came on a free transfer. Jaba I think is the record at around a rumoured 4 mil, I've read different things, some say 3 or so and it can go up to 5 with bonuses. Other reports say it was 5 million upfront, I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle. 

Prijovic was by far our most expensive player sold, he went for 10 million. Although we've recently gone to FIFA as Al-Ittihad haven't payed all the installments. 

• Like it 1

I think Ingason is our most expensive purchase actually. Jaba's deal seems to never have been fully disclosed, though the upper bounds of what's suggested would put him slightly ahead if true.

There was a discussion with Wernbloom to end his contract one year early. Wernbloom demands to be paid 60% of his wages for the remaining year of his contract  in order to agree. Not a bad deal if you ask me.

Yeah those kinds of headlines are hilarious, though fans in other countries are prime targets for this kind of silliness since they wouldn't be paying attention to little things like publicly known buyout clauses. I'm sure we hear the same kind of stuff.

I don't think this has been mentioned yet but CSKA might be interested in Wernbloom. This would be a great opportunity to give him the boot. inPAOK made a second post about it today (mainly regarding him doing an interview), but it begs the question...why is he speaking at all? Fingers crossed!

Here's a pointless rumor:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/andrei-chindris/profil/spieler/435731

So that means next year we could have...Varela, Crespo, Ingason, Mihaj, Mihojevic, and now this guy?? No way.

I think the rumors are entirely because some Romanians would know our name due to Lucescu's stint here. They're just trying to lend it an air of plausibility, etc etc...

Mauricio may be looking to get a  Russian passport. That would serve him well should he end up back in a Russian team (particularly if he leaves in free agency) - they are more strict when it comes to foreign players. I saw someone on twitter claim that this would let him not count as a foreign national if he were to stay in Greece or go to Spain, but I don't think that's the case as Russia is not in the EU. I'm still quite willing to let him walk this season.