Phantis Forums

2020-2021 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

At this point it’s a huge risk to. Injury / Covid . I’m sure they’ll have an intrasquad friendly , which isn’t the same, but still a competitive game. Do the Turks have any warm up game before ours? I couldn’t find any info on that.

Scans confirmed Rodrigo is out for 5-6 weeks so he'll miss the start of the league season as well as the next Champions league qualifier. Matos has gone to Brazil for "personal reasons" and isn't expected back until the 4th of September. Who knows what's going on there and if he'll even return but I'm worried about having to play the next qualifier with Limnios at right wing-back, he did not look comfortable on Wednesday especially defensively. 

https://www.paokfc.gr/nea/20200828-epistrofi-kai-douleia-gia-ti-sunexeia/

I'll caution that we don't know why Matos is in Brazil (perhaps a family issue related to COVID? He has been stuck in Europe). That's very rough though. All the more reason not to loan out Lyratzis, really.

Pelkas and El Kaddouri have been left out of the squad travelling to Athens, it appears to be just precautionary. Lot's of youngsters in the squad and Mihojevic is in the squad as well! I didn't even realise he was training with the team. 

Αναλυτικά οι 18 παίκτες που θα έχει στη διάθεσή του ο Αμπέλ Φερέιρα είναι οι: Ζίβκοβιτς, Ρέι, Βαρέλα, Μιχόγεβιτς, Κρέσπο, Παναγιώτου, Κουλιεράκης, Ζαμπά, Λύρατζης, Μπίσεσβαρ, Τάχατος, Νινούα, Εσίτι, Σβαμπ, Βρακάς, Σβιντέρσκι, Άκπομ, και Κούτσιας.

Matos has returned from Brazil and has been tested for COVID, if he is all clear hopefully he's back in full training on Sunday/Monday, we are going to need him even if it's off the bench in the coming weeks. 

I'm sure he'll be fine to play pretty soon. He wasn't gone all that long after all.

I saw something about Mihojevic being included very recently - like in the last two or three days I think? Since we have so few CBs due to the NT games. I hope Hamburg (or whoever) makes their offer soon, the kid deserves to train somewhere he's actually wanted.