Phantis Forums

2020-2021 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

On 8/8/2020 at 5:34 AM, PAOKSYD said:

Where is Gaitanidis? 

Most likely on loan again. He was loaned to Apollon Smyrnins last season following the serious shoulder injury and surgery that followed.

Didn't he break his shoulder during the season? God it would suck if this is somehow what ends his career.

Lots of talk about Ferreira wanting to use a 3-4-2-1 formation. Those still suffering from PTSD may remember that this was Igor Tudor's preferred formation, with Mak and Pelkas behind Berbatov or Klaus. Could we see Jaba taking the Mak role?

The negative here is that we have a plethora of wingers who will go essentially unused, as long as Giannoulis and Matos/Soares look good. Limnios would of course be a good option as wingback as well.

7 hours ago, pash said:

Didn't he break his shoulder during the season? God it would suck if this is somehow what ends his career.

Lots of talk about Ferreira wanting to use a 3-4-2-1 formation. Those still suffering from PTSD may remember that this was Igor Tudor's preferred formation, with Mak and Pelkas behind Berbatov or Klaus. Could we see Jaba taking the Mak role?

The negative here is that we have a plethora of wingers who will go essentially unused, as long as Giannoulis and Matos/Soares look good. Limnios would of course be a good option as wingback as well.

Mystakidis at left wing back, setting up Mak for the 1-0 win in Dortmund ?

I don't mind the formation, it seems to have worked in the derbies and tightened us up defensively. The issue is we aren't scoring with that system. I think for the Champions league qualifier it will be good given it's one game. Make sure we keep it tight at the back and don't concede, force the game to extra time and even pens if we have too. 

Based on what we've seen in the last few games of the play-offs and the Atromitos friendly this formation is going to see us struggle across the whole of a season. Hopefully it's just the players still learning the formation and it clicks at some stage, but I like it for derbies and European matches against "bigger" more fancied teams

The question is, will our players be effective in it? It worked a bit for Tudor because she of our guys just had enough talent to brute force it. It remains to be seen how this group will react.

Personally I think a 3-4-3 may play to our strengths better but hey, I'm no coach!

Starting lineup:

----------------- Paschalakis --------------
--- Ingason - Varela - Michailidis --
Limnios -------------------- Balogiannis
------ Schwab ------- El Kaddouri -----
Jaba --------------------------------- Tzolis
----------------- Swiderski ------------------

20 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Tomorrow's game will be on PAOK TV for free. Kickoff 19:00 EEST.

Can’t see it on my account. Is it at pre season or matches or .......?

edit: looking at our youtube channel is also possible. 

The entrance of Matos made the difference in the 2nd half. I don't want to see Limnios playing that position again.

Giannoulis was not even dressed to play. I have a feeling he has been sold.

Need couple solid friendlies before the battle with Besiktas.

For sure, and against better competition. Sadly I can't see us finding someone from out of the country to play against.

And you're right about Giannoulis - I bet they're safeguarding him in case of injury. Hope we make some good money off the kid

During the last minutes of the game the reporter said PAOK want to play two more friendlies. And also that it is difficult to find opponents as 1. travelling abroad is difficult for us but also for foreign teams, and 2. most Greek teams are yet to start their pre season training.

Edited by Dutch Eagle
Damn autocorrection

Watching Paok v Volos. 

Players dont seem to have a clear mind, i hope that due to it being early preseason and having heavy legs, & this is the reason not due to Ferriera not being able to speak clearly and players losing focus when he speaks! As this was evident in the documentary made shown on PAOK TV with all the dressing room footage shown. You could tell players were like wtf this guy on about. 

Have you heard the way he prenounces character? Like I have no issues with accents but F*** when its so bad the person doesnt know how to say the word, use a translator ffs. 

He cannot even say PAOK properly!

Anyway Schwab looked good, Esiti looked good for me, so did Mihaj & Michailidis!

I hooe Jaba can get back to were he was prior to injury. 

Balogiannis is for an OFH or mid table team no need to have him on squad. 

Friendly game against PAOK U19 was played today. The seniors won the game, but the result was not announced. There are video highlights on PAOK TV. Apparently Biseswar scored 2 goals and Wernbloom, El Kaddouri and Schwab scoring as well.

Remains to be seen if we play another friendly prior to the game with Besiktas.