Phantis Forums

2020-2021 Nations League

Blackhawk

Greece will take part in the next UEFA Nations League 2020-2021 in League C. League C consists of 16 national teams, which will be divided into 4 groups during the draw on march 3, 2020. Group winners will qualify to League B. The 4 teams that will finish last in the groups will enter the playoffs to determine the 2 teams that will be relegated to League .

Teams playing in league C are:

Greece, Albania, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cyprus, Estonia, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Slovenia,  

The game schedule:

Round 1:  September 3-5, 2020
Round 2:  September 6-9, 2020
Round 3:  October 8-10, 2020
Round 4:  October 11-13, 2020
Round 5:  November 12-14, 2020
Round 6:  November 15-17, 2020
Final Stage:  June 2-6, 2021

• Like it 1

Boys sit back and take a look at the teams we are drawn with in group C... How low and pathetic have we become. When was the last time we beat a team of any quality?  We are right where we deserve to be in the fifa rankings and in group C..?‍♂️

• Like it 1

• 5 months later...

The seedings came out for the next edition of the Nations League. I am not sure what the winners qualify for, there's some talk about WC Qualification ... We are in League C and here are the pots:

Pot 1:

Greece, Albania, Montenegro, Georgia

Pot 2:

Skopje, Kosovo, Belarus, Cyprus

Pot 3:

Estonia, Slovenia, Lithuania, Luxembourg

Pot 4:

Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Moldova

Draw is March 3rd

• Like it 1

Best teams from each Pot:
1st Greece (by far in my opinion)

2nd Kosovo

3rd Slovenia

4th Kazakhstan (they play in Artificial so it will be hard for everyone)

Personally I would rather avoid all of the mentioned above.

But even if we have all of these teams against us, we are literally capable of gathering 18/18 points from this shitfest where every semi decent team of League C is already in League B.

Edited by Rockafeller Skank

Hopefully it’s GREECE

Skops     

Luxembourg      

Moldova

Greece definitely need to win any group we are drawn into as this tournament gives a chance for 2022 World Cup playoff.

As I’m sitting here watching the draw I’m  so embarrassed of the teams we are grouped with. Look how low we have sunk.  This is pure minnow status.. Hope Our recent play of late keeps us moving up in the rankings.

• Like it 1

Realistically this will have no effect on the World Cup as the Nations League will only play a small role on the World Cup, this will have more of an impact for the next euro. The only way we can make it to the World Cup will be through normal qualification which will be very difficult depending on the group we draw.

Yeah after reading so many things to get an understanding of it all, all this will do it help us move up a pot for the World Cup group stage draw which, given we fell to pot 4 for the last Euro draw, we need to maximize to be in pot 3.

Of course we got the worst draw but even still, we should be able to top this group and better to be tested as good as we can be, but I think we can all agree, after so many failures, it would be good to see is just get on with business and be number 1

^ Exactly, I'm glad we got the hardest group as I want to see how we perform. If we cant top this group against these teams than we have NO CHANCE in the world cup qualifiers where we will have 2 or 3 teams to face that are much better then any of these teams in our nations league group. 

• Like it 2

I think Greece will top the group and should easily. Slovenia are on a downward spiral, Kosovo will be up for us but they are beatable especially at the back. Moldova are a horrible side but these are the type of teams that we struggle to put away. I think JVS will have the team focused and hopefully the Ethniki good run of results continues.

• Like it 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greece have to go to Slovenia and get a win it won’t be easy but they don’t have there star striker Ilicic who abruptly retired from football. 

I hope we can go to Kosovo and take those guys apart especially after some Albanian thugs burned our flag after the Apoel win in the Europa qualifier match vs Gijliani. I watched them in Euro qualifiers and were not bad in attack but in the back they look vulnerable.

• Like it 2

Multiple media outlets reporting our team will be the following: 

--------------Barkas-----------
Bakakis----Svranas------Siovas------Giannoulis
------------Kourbelis-----Zeca
Limnios------Bakasetas-----------Mantalos
-------------Pavlidis-----------

Keep in mind ever since JVS took over these leaked teams that seem to get out a few hours before kick off seem to end up being spot on, so there's clearly a rat inside the camp but I guess it's not a huge deal. 

If this lineup is indeed the one I'm happy to see no Stafylidis given his lack of playtime. A little surprised to see Giannoulis over Tsimikas although I'm not shocked, Van't Schip has stated multiple times he wants this team to have continuity and develop chemistry. Giannoulis started our last 2 games (even though it was 10 months ago) so JVS seems like he wants to stick with what's worked for him. 

7 of these guys started our last 2 matches against Finland and Armenia. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/ethnikh-elladas-me-svarna-vasiko-kai-4-2-3-1-kontra-sth-slovenia.5748007.html

Edited by paokarag4