Phantis Forums

Cup-SF-L1: PAOK - Olympiakos (04-Mar-20, 21:30 EET)

Blackhawk

Puts kettle on to boil, checks livescore.com to see the score.  F--k 0-1 down already.  You serious.

Makes coffee.  Checks score again.  You gotta be kidding me.  0-2.  YOU SERIOUS.

Has a shower.  Gets dressed.  Checks score.  2-2.  Good lord what is happening.

Anyway, good and bad from today.

The good :-

The team showed character and didn't fold.  If you're gonna go down, go down f--king swinging.

- Mihaj seems to have had a decent game.  I see no reason why he shouldn't get more game time.

- The score although not ideal at least gives us something to work with in the return leg.

The bad :-

- As pointed out by our Dutch correspondent our set piece defending is quite bad.  Cisse could have buried us.  Olympiacos didn't have to really work the ball through gaps.  All they had to do was put in crosses and it was half a goal.  Why we allow them to cross and overlap on the flanks with such ease I have no idea.  At least make them work for their goals ffs.

- Paschalakis.  No idea what's happened to this guy.  Right now he's no good for the team.

- Biseswar.  Not sure why Abel insists on playing him so often.  Last season he was never a guaranteed starter.  This kept him fresh.  I don't know if this was deliberate by Lucescu or not but either way it's obvious Biseswar can't handle playing constantly and gives more when rotated appropriately.  This guy is being wasted.

- Defending on set pieces.

- And finally, defending on set pieces.

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Bananas said:

Puts kettle on to boil, checks livescore.com to see the score.  F--k 0-1 down already.  You serious.

Makes coffee.  Checks score again.  You gotta be kidding me.  0-2.  YOU SERIOUS.

Has a shower.  Gets dressed.  Checks score.  2-2.  Good lord what is happening.

:hysterical:

Die at 3’, buried at 9', breathe again at 10', come back to life at 12’. Insane start.

Emotion at limit with Pelkas...3-2! What a desarming delight! 

Surviving at the end.

Globally, poor again, but we felt the hunger, the passion, the nerve!

Toumba, a volcano erupting…unceasing support. So special. Like no other.   

No real confidence and a lot of work to do. But still alive for the second leg!

Edited by bluevertigo