Phantis Forums

SL1-R26: AO Xanthi - PAOK (01-Mar-20, 19:00 EET)

Blackhawk

10 hours ago, bluevertigo said:

Abel, Abel....is it possible to get worse?!

Certainly!  And with this result it's fair to say the title race is 95% over.  Can't see how Olympiakos will drop 7 points and that's assuming we win every game which is unlikely to the extreme.  To be fair the team has been fairly meh all year.  Not terrible but not anywhere near like last season.  The team has suffered all round this season.  From GK and defense everyone is down a gear or two.  The midfield even though we spent 5+ million is worse.  Gimme Shakhov and Canas any day.  At least they had some fight in them.  Everyone was happy to see Prijovic go but we've never replaced him.  No physical presence up front.

For now Abel it is.  Let's see what he can make of it.  Even if we could off load him (extremely unlikely) who can you get now and can you be sure they'll be better.  I'm not happy with Abel but I don't want anyone else.  Except Lucescu of course.  Why we didn't sign Lucescu for 5 years I'll never know.  M-a-l-a-k-a yios tou Savvidi.

What I hope to see is a general improvement in the team over the play offs and move into the pre-season on something of a high.  There are still many question marks over the squad.  Add to that the fact we can't spend unless we make a decent sale and things become even tougher.  I hope Abel changes things up next season.  I don't expect him to change too much for the remainder of this season.

• Like it 2

4 hours ago, Bananas said:

Certainly!  And with this result it's fair to say the title race is 95% over.  Can't see how Olympiakos will drop 7 points and that's assuming we win every game which is unlikely to the extreme.  To be fair the team has been fairly meh all year.  Not terrible but not anywhere near like last season.  The team has suffered all round this season.  From GK and defense everyone is down a gear or two.  The midfield even though we spent 5+ million is worse.  Gimme Shakhov and Canas any day.  At least they had some fight in them.  Everyone was happy to see Prijovic go but we've never replaced him.  No physical presence up front.

For now Abel it is.  Let's see what he can make of it.  Even if we could off load him (extremely unlikely) who can you get now and can you be sure they'll be better.  I'm not happy with Abel but I don't want anyone else.  Except Lucescu of course.  Why we didn't sign Lucescu for 5 years I'll never know.  M-a-l-a-k-a yios tou Savvidi.

What I hope to see is a general improvement in the team over the play offs and move into the pre-season on something of a high.  There are still many question marks over the squad.  Add to that the fact we can't spend unless we make a decent sale and things become even tougher.  I hope Abel changes things up next season.  I don't expect him to change too much for the remainder of this season.

Totally agree with you Bananas. But please not for next season. 

I've already posted about the poor performance and tactics. With no tangible improvements. I really do not believe him. Obviously he should finish this season, but it will be painful if he remains. 

Edited by bluevertigo

4 hours ago, Bananas said:

Except Lucescu of course.  Why we didn't sign Lucescu for 5 years I'll never know.  M-a-l-a-k-a yios tou Savvidi.

George Savvidis is the reason why Lucescu quit!