Phantis Forums

SL1-R25: PAOK - Olympiakos (23-Feb-20, 19:30 EET)

Blackhawk

Championship was lost yesterday. We still have the chance to win the cup and we can pay back the most hated team in the whole country by eliminating them in the semis. Hopefully the PAOK players have some pride inside of them to accomplish the. The red menace is already pushing for our punishment so we won't have fans in the cup game next week.

The only way for us to win the championship, is to win every single game from now on. Quite impossible...

What's possible is to eliminate Olympiakos for the cup. I never liked Fereira, but not sure how he'll react if he realizes we're looking for a new coach. I don't see any other way, but stick with the guy and make him feel important. However, he is stressed and always trying to prove things, not sure how this can change in his personality.

2 hours ago, Yiankos said:

The only way for us to win the championship, is to win every single game from now on. Quite impossible...

What's possible is to eliminate Olympiakos for the cup. I never liked Fereira, but not sure how he'll react if he realizes we're looking for a new coach. I don't see any other way, but stick with the guy and make him feel important. However, he is stressed and always trying to prove things, not sure how this can change in his personality.

We are in February. Without Europe. As a team, we are still very poor. I've never believed him. 

But now, realistically,  there is no better option for the rest of the season.

I do not believe in any consistent improvement of our global performance. Hope on the individual.  Go with the pure emotion. 

Edited by bluevertigo

11 hours ago, pash said:

Agreed. I expect a lot of changes next summer. Wernbloom will also be long gone, and I expect a few sales.

Wernbloom ha ha.  What can you say.  Technically he's contracted until 2021 so not sure if he'll be leaving.

For Ferreira to leave we will have to  pay him close to six mil. With FFP, which prevented us to make any transfers in January that option is almost impossible. He will be our coach next season. Hopefully he will be able to have a say on what players to keep and acquire in the summer. That way he can build a team the way he wants. Lucescu really screwed the team last summer by quitting just 2 days before the pre-season training.  

I agree. I am no more annoyed with Ferreira than I am with some of Lucescu's stupid calls. Every coach has their issues; Ferreira had to come in to a terrible situation at the last second.

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that we had a revolving door of subpar coaches and a struggle to hit 3rd place. We are light years ahead of where we once were.

• Like it 3

22 hours ago, bluevertigo said:

We are in February. Without Europe. As a team, we are still very poor. I've never believed him. 

But now, realistically,  there is no better option for the rest of the season.

I do not believe in any consistent improvement of our global performance. Hope on the individual.  Go with the pure emotion. 

In fairness, how often have we had european football in february?

15 hours ago, pash said:

I agree. I am no more annoyed with Ferreira than I am with some of Lucescu's stupid calls. Every coach has their issues; Ferreira had to come in to a terrible situation at the last second.

Remember, it wasn't that long ago that we had a revolving door of subpar coaches and a struggle to hit 3rd place. We are light years ahead of where we once were.

Stop being reasonable.  It doesn't agree with being a Greek.

On 2/25/2020 at 1:37 PM, Blackhawk said:

For Ferreira to leave we will have to  pay him close to six mil. With FFP, which prevented us to make any transfers in January that option is almost impossible. He will be our coach next season. Hopefully he will be able to have a say on what players to keep and acquire in the summer. That way he can build a team the way he wants. Lucescu really screwed the team last summer by quitting just 2 days before the pre-season training.  

I prefer Sporting or other club to come here and pay to hire him for next season! Patetic Silas (today the elimination against Basaksehir is historical!) will leave.  

That would allow us to try better. Lucescu's return is quite unrealistic, but there will have to be other options.   

On 2/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, pash said:

Totally agree on not wanting to return to those painful and chaotic times when we had two/three coaches per season. But realizing that there are no good signs with Abel. 

On 2/25/2020 at 5:19 PM, Nea Bafra said:

In fairness, how often have we had european football in february?

But that is the point. We are not even in Europe. No additional effort there.  I would expect that this could bring greater focus, more consistency, stability and continuity in terms of our global performance . 

But it's still too hard for us to consolidate at least a style of play that allow us to create more chances. And we still see the team conceeding too much spaces, they are spaced out in the pitch, exacerbating the individual errors. The team is suffering a lot, defensively and offensively, whenever the opposition shows a little bit more quality or come in a more organized strategy/process.   

• Like it 1