Phantis Forums

SL1-R19: PAOK - Asteras Tripoli (19-Jan-20, 18:00 EET)

Blackhawk

@PAOKSYD agreed. The new transfers should be better than this year (Esiti-Augusto-Stoch especially). At the same time is good to be able to have good youngsters who might become starters the following years and you could sell them for good $$. We need more of Limnios-Giannoulis-Lambrou as well as quality transfers.

• Like it 1

I'm going to go a step farther and say yes I think he - and our other wingers - are good enough. Our problem is consistently in the midfield, not with our wingers.

I don't think Mauricio should be renewed for this reason - we don't know if he'll return to the form he was in last year, and even if he does...he's not a long-term option for us now. And while Misic can lay out a hell of a pass, I am not convinced he won't be steamrolled by the stronger opponents if we somehow get to the CL.

Mauricio is a tough one.  He was our best midfielder last season along with Oliveira, but his age and the injury make contract renewal far from certain.  I’m sure the club is waiting to see how the rest of the season goes.

But I agree pash, it’s the midfield where we suffer in Europe.  The problem is it’s just plain hard to attract the players required.  Augusto, Esiti, Canas, Shakhov these guys aren’t at that level.  It is what it is.