Phantis Forums

2019-20 UEFA Europa League Season

Antaeus7

I hope OLY destroy arsenal I hate that club more than all the teams in the Egleso league. Arsenal are garbage ATM. Let's see how Sokratis performs, for me he should have gone to LA LIGA or Serie A as his play has gone downhill since signing at Arsenal. 

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...

Once again, we have been unlucky.  Tottenham sacked Pochettino before the second match, and now Arsenal have become a serious side again after sacking Emery.

Gamo to spiti tous.

• Like it 2

• 1 month later...

The start of the match looked very promising but, the early goal never came, and our team just lacked some calmness and killer instinct towards the end. Maybe we are missing a type of player that can be a sort of leader that shows the example and the rest of the team just feeds off that vibe.

I don't like Omar as captain, the guy is a great player and we are lucky to have him but, he just does not seem like a leader to me for Olympiakos. For sure he is not the problem by any means, just an observation and a thought, even though Arsenal was there for the taking, in the second half and towards the end I think we just looked a little panicked and out of ideas going forward except for about half the players on the field. 

I think Fortounis or Valbuena should be our captain. They are the types that can lead by example on the field. 

That being said, I hope the board allows Martins to continue his work, the team is on the right track, we need consistency in the squad to build anything good. That would be the best signing we could make by far IMO to not change half the team and the manager. That is what was a big part in helping PAOK have such a successful season last year.

123529.jpg

183345.jpg

021820.jpg

Papastathopoulos' comments on Olympiakos' game...

-το αν έχει παρακολουθήσει το ελληνικό πρωτάθλημα και τον Ολυμπιακό: 

«Βλέπω όσο μπορώ. Δεν μπορώ να πω ποιος θα το κατακτήσει, δεν ξέρω τι θα γίνει. Ο Ολυμπιακός έχει βελτιωθεί πάρα πολύ. Το βλέπεις στο πώς κινούνται οι παίκτες του μέσα στο γήπεδο. Αυτό σημαίνει ότι ο προπονητής έχει κάνει καλή δουλειά. Πραγματικά, κι επειδή είναι η πρώτη φορά που ήρθα τώρα στην Ελλάδα ως αντίπαλος, ο Ολυμπιακός είναι πολύ βελτιωμένος. Εντάξει, όλα κρίνονται βάσει αποτελέσματος, αλλά έχει γίνει πάρα πολύ καλή δουλειά».

• Like it 1

glad I watched this in full. Tsimikas world class performance and Masouaras inspiring off the bench.

El Arabi such a clinical striker. Randelovic was that nice counter attacking threat all game and Cisse just being the giant he is.

Tsimikas got gassed by the 90th minute and was scared he almost got injured. Great game!

• Like it 3
  • Thanks 1

That was something special! @georgelaz spot on with the players

Big draw tomorrow, would be good if Oly got a nice draw for a change.

Big and important win for the coefficient points, we (Greece) were in danger of dropping to 18th but that seems safe now, with a good draw we may even climb back to 16th but lets see

Edited by Alphonse
  • Like it 2
  • Thanks 1