Phantis Forums

SL1-R11: PAOK - AE Larisa (24-Nov-19, 18:00 EET)

Blackhawk

I wouldn't say it was a tough game. The team just lost interest (which is a very bad thing); fortunately AEL was tragic also. We've been burned by this exact type of game several times this season (read: all of our draws). Fortunately this time, the opposing team didn't play the game of their lives this time.

Good game by Moras. Huge experience kept the game from being a route. Well, that and our lethargic attitude.

Important win to pull level on points with Olympiakos given we blew the chance we had a few weeks ago. Leading into the derby next week everything is equal, a draw would be a good result but no reason we can't beat them. 

Zivokvic has never filled me with confidence, he is an accident waiting to happen IMO. Today again he gets shut down when he was on the ball oblivious to the Larissa player who was so close to him. Although Paschalakis also has errors in him I think overall he's the better keeper. 

Every game feels like Abel is still trying to figure out the team. Lack of European matches has slowed down the process terribly. November is gone and we don't know who is what. I feel he just sticks to whatever goes well, but doesn't really pull the strings as a head coach should be doing. He is reacting to what the players give him, but he is not predicting what they can do...

Anyway, we won, but still the feeling is definitely not satisfactory of the performance. Olympiakos is in a bad moon, too, hopefully we are gonna do well. At least we still have foreign referees. If it were Greek ref anything else than a loss would surprise me.