Phantis Forums

SL1-R9: PAOK - Panathinaikos (03-Nov-19, 20:00 EET)

Blackhawk

Unfortunately we did not get into the game until Vieirinha entered the pitch. Until then PAOK did not play with clear mind. At the end we tried to get the winning goal but gave them a chance with counter attack which the capitalized on. Lucky to get the tying goal at the end.

At the same time, plenty of mistakes by Abel. Spyriaris outplayed him and we wasted 45 minutes. The problem relies on one and only thing: There is no one inside the team who knows the team well enough to fill him in the moment he lands in Thessaloniki. He needs to learn from his stupid own mistakes. People around the team were celebrating the team didn't concede against Lamia and Volos and they were trying to convince us the team improved defensively. No one has the guts to say that these teams would play in the fourth division of any of the big leagues. Basically these are not real teams, are semi-amateur, not even semi-professional.

The moment a normal team came to play we went back to our typical 2-goal defense without even the opponent to have a clear-cut chance. We give away two goals in every important game for no reason. Same against "A.R.I.S.", same against AEK.

I am also upset with Abel who played exactly the same 11 as the previous games. It's like he's thinking based on the standings. "Oh well, we won 2-0 and 3-0 teams that are that low in the standing, I'll put the same good recipe and expect another easy win". But of course who is going to tell him that? Karypidis? Or the AH reporters of our team?

Finally, I blame him for Jaba's form. I don't see that he is really trying to keep everyone on their toes. Yes, Limnios played some good games, but we've seen plenty of 20-21-22 year olds playing a few good games. He cannot be a starter forever just because. Same with Swiderski. I think this game we might have needed Akpom to start. And what the heck is this joke with Stoch? OK, I like the guy, but honestly he hasn't showed us anything. OK, he had two barely acceptable performances against Volos and Lamia. And you, Abel, think that's enough? I am not in favor of Greek players, but is Lambrou that much worse than Stoch? Plus, he kept on the bench Pelkas for that game. Biseswar has been moved to the center just to fit Stoch on the left wing? I think we needed Akpom and Pelkas to press Panathinaikos and force them to mistakes. Entire first half and Swiderski/Biseswar were completely silent.

On 11/5/2019 at 5:30 PM, Yiankos said:

At the same time, plenty of mistakes by Abel. Spyriaris outplayed him and we wasted 45 minutes. The problem relies on one and only thing: There is no one inside the team who knows the team well enough to fill him in the moment he lands in Thessaloniki. He needs to learn from his stupid own mistakes. People around the team were celebrating the team didn't concede against Lamia and Volos and they were trying to convince us the team improved defensively. No one has the guts to say that these teams would play in the fourth division of any of the big leagues. Basically these are not real teams, are semi-amateur, not even semi-professional.

The moment a normal team came to play we went back to our typical 2-goal defense without even the opponent to have a clear-cut chance. We give away two goals in every important game for no reason. Same against "A.R.I.S.", same against AEK.

I am also upset with Abel who played exactly the same 11 as the previous games. It's like he's thinking based on the standings. "Oh well, we won 2-0 and 3-0 teams that are that low in the standing, I'll put the same good recipe and expect another easy win". But of course who is going to tell him that? Karypidis? Or the AH reporters of our team?

Finally, I blame him for Jaba's form. I don't see that he is really trying to keep everyone on their toes. Yes, Limnios played some good games, but we've seen plenty of 20-21-22 year olds playing a few good games. He cannot be a starter forever just because. Same with Swiderski. I think this game we might have needed Akpom to start. And what the heck is this joke with Stoch? OK, I like the guy, but honestly he hasn't showed us anything. OK, he had two barely acceptable performances against Volos and Lamia. And you, Abel, think that's enough? I am not in favor of Greek players, but is Lambrou that much worse than Stoch? Plus, he kept on the bench Pelkas for that game. Biseswar has been moved to the center just to fit Stoch on the left wing? I think we needed Akpom and Pelkas to press Panathinaikos and force them to mistakes. Entire first half and Swiderski/Biseswar were completely silent.

I support you Yiankos. 

With Abel we have memorized football. He complicates the simple. He is in Greece. He is in PAOK. He should adapt himself to the quality we have and the quality we don't have in the squad. Trying to bring complexity/hybridity (want to start from defense with ball in a 3x4x3, Matos going down, then defending without ball in a 4x4x2) he is potentiating accidents.  Coming and going, spreading and retracting, losing shape, opening spaces. Unavoidable comparison (worse) against the Lucescu's simple-practice consistency. 

Bad repetition. Team very spaced and exposed, hyperbolizing individual errors that always arise.

I know him well from Braga. Nervous and anxious heart. Lack of more tactical intelligence.   

Edited by bluevertigo

Φυσικά δεν εννοώ ότι θέλω να φύγει ο Φερέιρα ή κάτι τέτοιο. Να μείνει ο άνθρωπος, αλλά κάποιος πρέπει να τον συνετίσει. Είσαι προπονητής και έχεις την ευθύνη. Ακόμα κι αν κάνει ατομικό λάθος ο παίκτης σου, εσύ έχεις την ευθύνη. Γιατί η συμπαγής περσινή άμυνα έχει γίνει παιδική χαρά φέτος; Επειδή ο Κρέσπο, ο Βαρέλα, ο Μάτος κλπ είναι χειρότεροι παίκτες; Λίγο δύσκολο να το πιστέψω. Σε κάθε περίπτωση δεν μπορείς να "δίνεις" στεγνά τους παίκτες σου. Και σύμπτωση επαναλαμβανόμενη, παύει να είναι σύμπτωση.

Ο προπονητής πρέπει να εμπνέει. Και ομάδα που πάει για το όσα φάμε και όσα βάλουμε δεν έχει καμία τύχη. Αν δεν μπορείς να κρατήσεις το σκορ τότε δεν μπορείς να κερδίσεις τίτλους. Είναι μεγάλη μαγκιά να ξέρεις ότι μπορείς να κρατήσεις το 1-0 ή και το 0-0 ακόμα αν χρειαστεί. Αυτός είναι ο μοναδικός λόγος που φέτος δεν πάμε καλά. Γιατί φάμε 3 γκολ από τη Σλόβαν, και γιατί φάγαμε από δύο γκολ με Ατρόμητο, Α.Ρ.Η., ΑΕΚ και Παναθηναϊκό. Παιχνίδια που έπρεπε να προηγηθούμε και να τα κλειδώσουμε όμορφα κι ωραία, τα κάναμε ντέρμπι και στο τέλος λέμε κι ευχαριστώ για τα αποτελέσματα όπως ήρθαν.

Το μόνο που θέλω είναι, κεφάλι κάτω και δουλειά. Ούτε IG, ούτε δηλώσεις και σάλια. Είσαι 5 μήνες στην ομάδα, κατάλαβε επιτέλους τι γίνεται και διόρθωσε αυτά που πρέπει να διορθώσεις.

4 hours ago, Nea Bafra said:

not an english speaking country

Yes, not native, as you, I suppose. 

We can always loose part of our gist when translated, and we should try to improve. But, the substance, the content is what really matters. Write elegantly but using an empty style is a pity.  

Edited by bluevertigo