Phantis Forums

Greece vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina ( 15 Oct. 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens )

Omonoia9

17 hours ago, Soprano76 said:

This is a great win and hopefully something to build on. Should hope for 6 points in the next two matches.

Hope this isn't a repeat of the game where we beat Hungary 4-3, looked good and proceeded to not really build on it. 

Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it's not a step forward then 3 steps back. 

20 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

They were outstanding today. Just think if we just had Fortounis in there and Donis? Bosnia is so bad defensively as I have been saying for years. Prosenezki was just going nuts on the touch line watching them play. Anyways great win but we blew our chance in this group for second. We can blame Sokratis & manolas with there huge egos for feuding with coach and throwing away easy points vs Armenia and Manolas letting Liechtenstein snag a draw to.We can blame EPO for not having the NT play in a stadium that is full even hockey's best Finland play in a packed stadium. Greece we are a football mad country the stadium should be better than that of OAKA. 

Your argument is flawed with all due respect. You can’t compare Finland hockey to Greek soccer. Youre comparing one best team to a below average soccer team. If they start winning, fans will come. That’s how it works. 

48 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

Your argument is flawed with all due respect. You can’t compare Finland hockey to Greek soccer. Youre comparing one best team to a below average soccer team. If they start winning, fans will come. That’s how it works. 

@Ellada2004 is talking about how a hockey First Nation like Finland fills the stadium during soccer and a soccer crazed country like Greece doesn’t fill the stadium when the NT plays.. His point is when Finland were playing bad soccer they would still fill the stadium as most countries do, as the NT  should always get support.. I’m from toronto and the leafs have been s%$#! for years before they started improving  yet the stadium was always  filled to the tits.. I do think the Greek mentally is if the team is s%$#! don’t support and will only start to come when there is a winning product on the field which is not right... playing in this god awful stadium is doing more bad then god and the NT need to get there own stadium and a smaller stadium where the fans can make it a hostile environment for opposing teams.. Hopefully Crete is ready for our next campaign and can attract more fans..

• Like it 1

29 minutes ago, J1078 said:

@Ellada2004 is talking about how a hockey First Nation like Finland fills the stadium during soccer and a soccer crazed country like Greece doesn’t fill the stadium when the NT plays.. His point is when Finland were playing bad soccer they would still fill the stadium as most countries do, as the NT  should always get support.. I’m from toronto and the leafs have been s%$#! for years before they started improving  yet the stadium was always  filled to the tits.. I do think the Greek mentally is if the team is s%$#! don’t support and will only start to come when there is a winning product on the field which is not right... playing in this god awful stadium is doing more bad then god and the NT need to get there own stadium and a smaller stadium where the fans can make it a hostile environment for opposing teams.. Hopefully Crete is ready for our next campaign and can attract more fans..

Yes I’m from Toronto also and have been a leaf fan for 40 years. I see what you’re saying. But the leafs are not a national team. Greece is. Totally different. Canada destroyed the USA yesterday when the kid from Bayern Munich scored. The stadium wasn’t filled because people haven’t taken it seriously yet. When you start winning and taking your team more seriously, fans will show up. It’s just the way it works. No one goes to watch the Japanese national hockey team. It’s just the way it is. 

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

He was late to the team meeting.. I like the fact that this coach will punish guys and make them countable...

Yup looks like JVS will not allow the NT to be turned into a circus as was the case before his arrival. I like how he keeps saying that when the players are called up they are coming to Greece to work and not to vacation. 

• Like it 2

And now we understand the reason for Stafylidis as a CB..the boys reverted to 3 at the back in attack, Staf to LB, Hatzidiakos in the middle and Kourbelis to the RB position..Giannouls and Bakakis pushed up as wingbacks to add to the Greece attack..maaate!  

Schip gave Galanopoulos a shot and he, along with Kourbelis will be the mids for the Ethniki for a long tme. Kourbelis was very composed and did the dirty work that Zeka usually does as well.

Ethniki played a compact 4 5 1 against Italy and a 4 4 2 in D, with a 4 3 3/3 5 2 in attack vs Bos-Hertz.

Fetfa and Koulouris caused havoc against Bos-Hertz, as did MOM Limnios.

Van Schip!!!!!!! deserves kudos for his enterprising tactics, giving his players a chance to play football, as he demonstrated that he believes in them, players not being afraid to make mistakes although, continuing to stay compact and sticking with their gameplan. 

The Mykonos club went back to Mykonos.

Didn't see or hear of any decent enterprise from the other coaches in the last few years, no imagination and one dimensional, alot like my romantic abilities..

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 4

• Lazarus changed the title to Greece vs. Bosnia-Herzegovina ( 15 Oct. 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens )
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic