Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - January 2020

Blackhawk

Standard Liege may be interested in Mihojevic. inPAOK reporting 800k price tag. Stories from a month or two ago implied that his current team wanted to buy him as well, but if I were him I'd def go with the Belgians.

Guess Stoch isn't going to Turkey after all, judging by the date...

Portugal's transfer window closes tomorrow btw. Haven't heard anything about Soares but perhaps there are cold feet what with the drama here now.

It sounds harsh but I just don't like Koulouris even though he banged in a ton of goals last season.  He just seems like a klutz, like he's not well balanced.  I think playing in France will help him develop though so who knows what the future might bring.

I would like to see Mihaj get some game time to see if he has something to offer.  With Crespo out it seems Varela and Ingason are too alike.  Crespo was the perfect complement to either.  Which brings me back to Mihaj.  I have no idea what sort of player he is but I'm hoping he's more "Crespo" and less "Varela".

We'll need to sort out the midfield which would've been tragic this season had it not been for Misic.  Mauricio, Esiti, Augusto all not good enough at the moment.  I don't see us resigning Mauricio unless he improves massively in the next few months.

Up front I think we're ok.  Good enough at least for the GSL.  Just need to get a class "Oliveira" midfielder to partner Misic and we'll look a much better team.

Agree in terms of Kolouris, he's a poacher not too dissimilar to Swiderski, at least in terms of style. Don't think he'd add anything. 

Midfield is where the concern lies. All I know is we better sign Misic ASAP on a permanent deal because the longer it goes without an official announcement the more nervous I get that he won't be around next season. 

The Misic option expires in the summer so he's ours to lose. You're right, though - midfield is our biggest concern. There is going to have to be a cleanout next summer, even with all these players we only just bought.

I'm not too bothered with Koulouris leaving. We didn't have room for him anyway, and now he's happy playing for a shitty team in frogland.

Mihaj actually has some interest from Sturm Graz last I heard, but I believe their window closes today. I'm also not sure what kind of player he is, but I agree with my little banana hammock that we need another Crespo, not another Varela.

• 2 weeks later...

All our signings have been duds.  Maybe a bit harsh but considering roughly 7.5 million was spent on Augusto, Esiti and Stoch you can't say they've been successful signings.  I would've thought 2 out of the 3 minimum would be first team players.  We need to do better with our transfers in the summer.

In order for a signing to be successful the player has to play. Stoch did not get any chances to play because the coach hates him. Stoch was a transfer made by George without asking the coaches opinion.

Overall there is poor planning as far as transfers is concerned . Always has been. I think the big reason is that coaches are not consulted or have a say in the matter. 

• Like it 1