Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - January 2020

Blackhawk

2 hours ago, Bananas said:

I still wonder if Rey would be better than what we have.

I feel like we always have better options on the bench. Look what happened with Misic and Ingassen. Those two are clearly better than who was being played ahead of them. I think Zivkovic and Pascha are pretty much the same talent level, Pascha takes more risks which hurts him but I would say he is more athletic and stronger than Zivko. I wonder how Rodrigo is at RB, Matos, for me, is having a rough season so I wouldn't be surprised if Rodrigo gets a shot if we end up liking him more. 

Rey is an interesting case, I always liked him. He never caused trouble when he wasn't playing and seemed like a great teammate who loved being in Greece. I would say he is on the same level as Zivko. He is a technical GK, great footwork, positioning, communication, but isnt at the same athletic level as Pascha. 

I think he'd feel burned if he came back to us without thinking he'd be our likely #1. Which at this point I think is VERY unlikely

inPAOK predicting an 8mm buyout for Misic, we'll know soon enough I guess...

1 hour ago, PAOKSYD said:

No winter signings for us?

Not yet, but on Thursday Misic will sign a contract at us. Not a real real real new signing but it would have been very sad if he was to return at Sporting after the end of his loan.

I wouldn't be surprised if all we announce are a few more players leaving.

De Graafschap is currently at 40 points, and is fighting for promotion to the Eredivisie. They're in third place, though second place is Ajax's reserve team which can't be promoted. If they slip, they'll be in a promotion play off (fourth place is tied with them on points so promotion is no sure thing).

I think Mistakidis is sure to get a lot of time with this team (he'd be the second-most-valuable player on their roster, even with his drop since his injury). This might be a half decent move for him as he has a chance to really stand out there, and half the work of getting to a top flight is already done. This is assuming, of course, he plays as well as he did back in the day.

3 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

Mystakidis is announced at De Graafschap. He signed a contract till the summer of 2020. So it is not a loan. Nothing mentioned about a fee or resale%, so I think PAOK just did let him go to get rid of his salary.

6B47F335-3FB4-4B5C-829B-F008C5C80319.jpeg

Good luck to him, although he will need to impress if his contract is only until this summer. I hope this does not end up being another Papagiannopoulos story where he comes back to haunt us. Both players did not get the chances they deserved in my opinion, especially the latter.

On 1/12/2020 at 10:38 PM, pash said:

Sounds like Rey wants to bounce and go back to his old club. Doubt his current team would be happy about that.

Looks like it happened, signed through the end of the season on loan. No buy out, so presumably we might want him back depending on how things shake out.

Sounds like a back up in case Giannoulis is sold.  Not sure if the player would be interested in coming to be 3rd choice LB.  Then again maybe Ferreira doesn't like using Vieirinha as a LB.  For myself, I still think Vieirinha at LB is his best position and benefits the team greatly.

Whatcha saying bro.  You saying you don’t miss hearing Prrrrrrijo-gol ?  On a serious note, I’d take Prijo, assuming the coach plans on using two up front.  I wouldn’t take him as the sole striker.  I do miss him putting fear into the opposition just through his physical presence.  He also had a knack for getting cheap goals (which I love, the cheaper the better).  But yeah his lack of run is an issue.  Used situationally and appropriately he’d still be very useful.  Not sure how he’d feel about that though.  I suspect he wouldn’t be keen.

Rodrigo Rey is now on loan with Argentinian team Godoy Cruz for 6 months. Buyout clause is not part of the deal as Rey explained in an interview with Argentinian media:

- Is the link with Godoy Cruz an assignment of PAOK for six months? 

-Six months and no purchase option is the time I have been able to get from PAOK. In the middle of the year I have to go back to Greece because I have a contract with PAOK until June 2021.