Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - January 2020

Blackhawk

I think you guys are being a bit harsh.  The NT is looking like it's totally reborn.  Bye bye Mykonos FC, hello effort, desire, spirit.  The boys are playing with enthusiasm and really that's all we ask for.  Nobody expects this NT to take on the big teams.  Just play to your capabilities.

It'd be interesting to see this NT take on Mykonos FC.  I think they'd give Mykonos a good old fashioned beat down.

They're not at the level to take on big teams and I don't see that they will be.  But they should be at the level to beat lower teams comfortably, and that's what they've delivered so far.  As to what their ceiling is, it's a little hard to say , time will tell.

Either way, it's refreshing to see players that are really giving it their all and are selected on form and what they can give to the team rather than on which jersey they where for their club.  Because really, anyone can select a team based on that.  That's easy.  Selecting players that will commit to the team, play as instructed, and be harmonious in the dressing room is a lot harder.

• Like it 2

On 11/23/2019 at 12:40 AM, pash said:

I don't have to say anything - all that needs be done, is a glance at their "highlights." Very sad situation.

I find this funny... watch the highlight? I watch the games file. And if you watched the highlights, you missed the +25 attempts at goal? Mi leme kai m*****es.

Well said @Bananas very much spot on

Awwww, pash took his nap..... Awwwww

For the national team, time will tell. We of course did improve and we did win three games, but we were already eliminated and that changes everything. National team will improve when our clubs improve. And we still have a loong way to go.

• Like it 1

I think the only way players leave is if someone buys a player with no potential or someone who doesn't really play. Limnios not going anywhere, Gianoulis the same (I cant imagine a Greek player really wanting to play in Turkey), Swiderski too, unless someone pays their buyout close.

On 12/3/2019 at 7:11 PM, Athens4 said:

Shame he didn't pick up where he left off from last year. I thought he would have stayed at least another season.

Maybe he's home sick? I thought this was finally going to be the season where he really kicked on and started realising his potential. sadly it hasn't happened and if we got a decent offer from West Ham then it's thank you and good bye from me.

• 2 weeks later...

I’d be surprised if Giannoulis wanted to play in Russia.  I mean it’s not a backward step but I don’t think it’s something he’s dreamt of either.  I suppose an outrageous Prijovic like salary could tempt him but I don’t see that happening.  If anything he’d use that to negotiate a better wage.

To his credit he’s surprised us all.  I think everyone thought he was just there to cover for Vieirinha’s injury and in the summer we would either sign Staf or another “better” LB.  I don’t think anyone thought he’d be the first choice LB this season.  He’s made the position his and really that’s what you want from your younger squad members,

If it were up to me I’d extend his contract which expires in 2022 to 2024 and get rid of that daft buy out clause.  Same goes for Limnios.

• Like it 1

Speaking of...

And of course some silly posts elsewhere on twitter about Manchester City scouting him out during our game in Athens. Ridiculous stuff.

If he goes anywhere it'll be to a middling team like Rennes at best. You heard it here first folks!

• Like it 1

That would mean Vieirinha would play LB ... I can deal with that.    On a serious note, I don’t see any sense in selling Giannoulis unless there is an obvious replacement.  If Vieirinha was 30 I’d be fine with it but he’s getting on and we need to think long term.

Edited by Bananas

Could throw Matos on that side. Soares needs a run, as Leo is not getting any younger.

Personally I'd play Vieirinha up front. We are in the habit of stop-gap measures in too many positions. El Kaddouri as midfielder? Vieirinha as defender? Biseswar as second striker? Get outta here with that!

It will be a big mistake to sell Giannoulis in January. PAOK should wait until the end of the season to entertain any offers. The only sale during this transfer period I expect is one of the following players: Paschalakis, Pelkas, Akpom/Swiderski.