Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Italy vs Greece (12 Oct. 2019, Stadio Olimpico, Rome)

ausgreek

It’s about time we call a spade a spade. This team has zero up front. No matter who goes out there. They have nothing going forward. Zilch. When you put your d in a position to defend for 75 minutes because there is zero up front, they’re gonna get tired. No matter who’s out there. In form players or not it doesn’t matter. Some players are just built for club soccer and not national level. You either have it or you don’t.  

• Like it 1

Just now, nick said:

Anyone who doesn’t think donis is our best attacker by a F***in mile needs to get glasses. It is criminal that another coach benches the best players. Why is bakakis playing? Why did bakasetas play 80 min. What a joke

Donis was electric! 

Yeah i saw something there with donis at the end. (I was the one asking about him earlier in the week). He is better at creating opportunities for himself, while koulouris is more of a poacher, needs to be set up nicely. I mean we can’t be surprised with this result, we held up defensively. Gave up a stupid penalty, and once we were down it was all out attacked which exposed our defense and they were able to get a second. I’m actually not to disappointed because I think we saw potential in several players like Limnios for example. Which is what the purpose of these games is. Paschalakis was ok at best, faced a tough side and wasn’t challenged to often. Second goal should have Been blocked

• Like it 1

18 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Look at all the 'proper coaches' we have had..one replaced Fortounis with Tzioli$ when we needed to chase the match..this guy has the coconuts to enforce change..embrace him..after all he coached in the A League holmes!!!

This guy replaced Masouras with Giannoulis when Liechtenstein scored an equalizer (and before that goal he wanted to sub Limnios on) but you are right, this guy wants to enforce change. Lets hope we will see some development.

Greece were undone by a penalty again as was the case in Finland. Limnios had a great chance and koulouris missed a sitter. Bakasetas miffed at great chance in the box too. We deserved a draw! That's the way it's going.. 

Just now, Bardouuu said:

Yeah i saw something there with donis at the end. (I was the one asking about him earlier in the week). He is better at creating opportunities for himself, while koulouris is more of a poacher, needs to be set up nicely. I mean we can’t be surprised with this result, we held up defensively. Gave up a stupid penalty, and once we were down it was all out attacked which exposed our defense and they were able to get a second. I’m actually not to disappointed because I think we saw potential in several players like Limnios for example. Which is what the purpose of these games is. Paschalakis was ok at best, faced a tough side and wasn’t challenged to often. Second goal should have Been blocked

Agreed, we held our own with Italy. If we play with the same determination vs Bosnia we will beat them. Donis must start, no Bakasetas its just common sense. 

Can blame the coach right now man, this team hasn’t performed with 5 or so coaches, let’s give the guy a chance to rebuild the team and see what he has. Yes there was some unpopular decisions but we need to give the guy time.. right now it doesn’t matter who comes in to coach the result will be the same as this will be a long process off rebuilding the NT.

29 minutes ago, La Mendel said:

I guess I will be unpopular with my opinion now but I think we are kinda wasting our time with Schip. I admit I am pessimistic just for the moment.

You might not be wrong at all but at some point we need to stick with someone for a while and give them some time.. he already spoke about the egos on the team  and he already said he needs to rebuild this team so let’s juts give him a chance for a bit and see if things start looking up as this will not be a quick fix.. 

• Like it 2

8 minutes ago, J1078 said:

You might not be wrong at all but at some point we need to stick with someone for a while and give them some time.. he already spoke about the egos on the team  and he already said he needs to rebuild this team so let’s juts give him a chance for a bit and see if things start looking up as this will not be a quick fix.. 

I agree with you. But how can you play Bakasetas? When you have Fetfatzidis, Donis and Mantalos on the bench. 

I think JVS will not play Bakasetas next game and going forward. I agree with J1078 we have to let the coach stay and work going into the WCUP qualifiers. If at that time we are still seeing Bakasetas and Paschalakis instead of Vlachodimos then I would say remove him from his post. Our structure and attention to defensive detail was good today and has been improving under JVS especially in the first halfs of these games. 

Kolouris miss was the turning point we would have got something out of the game if he scored there, this is our huge problem, we have no striker as battle tested as Mitroglou. I hope JVS recalls him next month or for the wcup qualifiers. 

13 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

I agree with you. But how can you play Bakasetas? When you have Fetfatzidis, Donis and Mantalos on the bench. 

Dean I think he will sit him out. Overall Greece were much better today and gave the Italians a difficult time in Rome. I was afraid we would see a repeat of the first fixture with them especially with a revamped lineup. 

Masouras not playing joke, bakakis and Bakasetas joke play koutris. Donis should have started and mantolas. Even pelkas is not bad option. Fetfa would be helpful in creating chances... something always stinks with call ups seems like corruption doesnt make sense. Limnios was great. 

Edited by jason
  • Like it 1