Phantis Forums

CL-QR3-L2: Ajax - PAOK (13-Aug-19, 21:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

Watched the APOEL - Ajax game.

I just cannot believe how lucky this team is. APOEL had various chances to finish the game off in the second half and even hit the bar.

I also noticed that a handball was given against Dest for exactly the same movement against us in the dying minutes in Amsterdam. The fact that it was given tonight just proves what happened last week. They also finished the game with 10 men. That is what happens when the game is refereed normally and not in your favour.

Unlikely that APOEL will get an away win (UEFA will no doubt send one their men to help the dutch cause), however if by some miracle Ajax is knocked out then I want them in our group (providing we get through too of course).

Unbelievable that UEFA are pushing this Ajax team through just because it got to the semis last season.

Shake their hands, pfft, what for.  I'm glad our players didn't shake their hands.  You can't win either way.  If we take it up the a-r-s-e like we did and you don't complain, you're a pussy.  If you complain, you're a sore loser.  It is sufficient for me that the players showed their anger to the referee, as it was justified.

The only shaking of hands that should be done is by every Ajax player, staff and fan shaking the hand of the referee.  He *really* deserves it.  As for the 3 penalties, you can argue on the technicalities of each of them individually, but I ask this question first, do you really believe if the opponent was Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juve or Bayern that all 3 would have been awarded ?  And there is the problem with modern football.  And if you believe they would've been payed, then delusion is indeed your friend.

If Var was used in this game most of Ajax goals would had not happened but coincidentally the use of Var was not yet approved for this stage, which made manipulating this match dead easy.

Edited by Nilaul
  • Like it 1

On 8/21/2019 at 12:24 PM, Bananas said:

1. "I'm glad our players didn't shake their hands."

2. "I ask this question first, do you really believe if the opponent was Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juve or Bayern that all 3 would have been awarded?"

Ad 1) I am not glad that Greek players turned out to be so childish that they would not even shake hands with the team they played against. Up until now, I did not know that some Greek (soccer players) were childish people, either for not shaking hands with their opponents, of for justifying that and being 'glad' about it. From now on, I know.

Ad 2) Yes, I believe that, because there were three penalty-worthy transgressions made by Greek players. Your sad excuse is that they were only awarded because your Greek team is not more famous. If this would be a common Greek victim-like attitude (which I doubt), your Greek team is destined to remain second-class for a long time.

Edited by hminkema

11 hours ago, hminkema said:

Ad 1) I am not glad that Greek players turned out to be so childish that they would not even shake hands with the team they played against. Up until now, I did not know that some Greek (soccer players) were childish people, either for not shaking hands with their opponents, of for justifying that and being 'glad' about it. From now on, I know.

Ad 2) Yes, I believe that, because there were three penalty-worthy transgressions made by Greek players. Your sad excuse is that they were only awarded because your Greek team is not more famous. If this would be a common Greek victim-like attitude (which I doubt), your Greek team is destined to remain second-class for a long time.

1) I don’t think you used the word “Greek” enough.  Try some more.

2) The majority of players on the team are not Greek.  Refer to Bosman for more clarification.

3) More generalisations please.  They are most educational.

Bananas stop being so Greek and arguing! Next time we should bend down and kiss the feet of our Dutch opponents, they are Dutch after all! Is there anything more honorable than playing against a Dutch giant like Ajax? They can do no wrong! They are Dutch after all! The Dutch have the greatest moral compass in the world and play the best football in the world! 

I didn't realise the Dutch were so insecure but our Dutch friend here showed me that all Dutch people are whinny little babies who for some reason need their ego stroked. I thought the Dutch were honorable especially the Dutch of Ajax given they've taken a great Greek warrior's name!!

• Like it 2

19 hours ago, hminkema said:

If VAR was used, several Greek players would have been sent off. And Ajax would have won with an even bigger score. 

But alas, VAR was not used. We share our sadness over this fact.

If Var was used don't worry, your players would had also been sent off.

Afterwards you mentioned that our sad excuse is because our team is not more famous.... well your team is more profitable, it brings in more viewership. It brings more money to UEFA. If you can't see why on earth UEFA wouldn't want to rig this match, then I dunno what to say to you.

I can't believe you wasted time to create an account to moan about how non-Greek players playing for a Greek club didn't shake your dutch teams hands.

Edited by Nilaul