Phantis Forums

CL-QR3-L1: PAOK - Ajax (06-Aug-19, 20:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

The loss of legs is a concern, but I think it's normal for this time of year. The other thing we need to keep in mind is that Ajax is a better team, we had to really push and play out of our skin for a half to keep pace and not only keep pace but have them on the back foot. It was always going to be difficult to maintain that intensity for a full game, like it lump it we are not at Ajax's level. Does that mean we can't beat them? Absolutely not. 

Having said all that, it's a decent result. Especially after conceding early to bounce back and put them under real pressure was a fantastic sign of character and belief the boys have. As others said during the game on another day we could've been 4-1 up at the half with those 2 huge chances we missed. Some misfortune and sloppy defending and we are made to pay, that's football.

I'm feeling good about going to Amsterdam next week, we have nothing to lose and we've given ourselves a fighting chance at qualifying. 

• Like it 2

Well said @paokarag4 I agree with everything you said.  I’ve only seen the highlights but based on what little I saw we have reason to hope.

I will add that football is a game of momentum.  You can come up with all the tactics and instructions you want but sometimes things just “click” and when they do you gotta try and make it count.  Even though Ajax are a better team we had them on the ropes for a good 35 minutes in the first half.  If we can get a spell like that in Amsterdam hopefully we can be clinical in our finishing ... and then ... you never know.

Either way the performance, overall, was decent and we are still in the tie.

Ferreira’s reaction or rather his attempt to not lose his s**t on the second goal (Matos is king) was priceless.

@Emperor μη ντρέπεσαι που είσαι σιχαμερό σκουλήκι ρε φίλε. Εμφανίσου, πες μας τη γνώμη σου, μην κρύβεσαι. Δεν θα σε λιώσουμε με το παπούτσι μας. Σε αγαπάμε. Και αν είσαι καλό παιδί, θα σας δώσει ένα δανειάκι ο Ιβάν για να πηγαίνετε κι εσείς με τσάρτερ στας Ευρώπας και να μην κράζουν την διοίκησή σας οι παίκτες σας. Μεγάλη καρδιά έχουμε εμείς οι ΠΑΟΚτσήδες όπως και ο Ιβάν. Γιατί όπως φαίνεται σας άφησε τελευταία ξεκρέμαστους ο Βαγγέλης, ο ευεργέτης σας ντε. Ούτε το ρεύμα βρε παιδιά; Για έλα να μας πεις ότι ο ΠΑΟΚ φταίει και γι' αυτό.