Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Greece vs Armenia (11 June 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens)

A bunch of bubbling idiots. We can barely move the ball forward. no one is in sync. All kidding aside, in their current form, they are easily one of the worst teams in Europe. Not only by results, but by the way they play. I want to poor vinegar into my eyes. 

3 minutes ago, gsots said:

These Armenian players look like someone's thio who's a painter/general contractor lol

Was thinking they looked like guys that play in an over 40 rec league. Just brutal so far. Lazy defending, no imagination and can't execute corner kicks.

• Like it 1

I haven't payed attention enough to the game but it seems we're playing a very high line.

whenever greece played well we played deep heart attack defensive football. we should perhaps return to that. i understand we got speed with manolas and sokratis but we should just tighten up the back and just take our shots rather then play possession style and do nothing. 

I'd take a classic 1-0 or 0-0 then copping 2 goals to Northern Ireland and Armenia

Zeca and Samaris are crap. Seriously. Siopis should have started at least. Bouchalakis and Kourbelis would have been better. Masouras is working his ass off. Imagine if he had quality players around him. He would look way better.

4 straight games where we have given up a minimum of 2 goals against us in the first half in the span of under 20 minutes 9 goals against in 4 games in the first half.. we have become minnows and a group D team. This is absolutely shocking how bad we have become.. There is no saving this team guys lets be honest we suck. The F***ed up thing is we are eliminated before September that's how bad we have fallen we cant even stay competitive in a qualifier until the last month...

1 minute ago, Dean97 said:

Zeca and Samaris are crap. Seriously. Siopis should have started at least. Bouchalakis and Kourbelis would have been better. Masouras is working his ass off. Imagine if he had quality players around him. He would look way better.

The answer isn't defensive midfielders. 

• Like it 1

A real Greek tragedy of a half for the home side in Athens as they trail 2-0 to Armenia. Two well-taken goals have put the visitors in the ascendancy. Both probably could have been cut out, but Greece have been undone twice on the break. They've had their own chances, but apart from one superb save to deny Fortounis, Airapetyan hasn't really been called into work. The home supporters make their feelings clear as they boo the home team off - the five changes from Saturday's loss to Italy have really had no impact...

From uefa.com

Edited by Brklyngrk

F'n beatlejuice would be better in the mid right now. If anyone has scene Ted 2, I think it's time for us to play the beatlejuice card lol if you haven't seen it. It's a 2 min clip on YouTube, search "Ted 2 beatlejuice" 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic