Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Greece Vs. Italy (8 June 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens)

Argy

I think he choose to leave if I'm not mistaken... I think they tried to sign him.. He probably knew what was coming with this team when the big dogs like Kar were retiring and probably wanted no part of it.. 

Guys, I don't what game you guys were watching but Italy didn't play that well we just played awful... I'd rather lose in a game where our players play in their respective positions than the tinkering we saw out there... EPO conspiracy? lol

Edited by jason

20 minutes ago, jason said:

Guys, I don't what game you guys were watching but Italy didn't play that well we just played awful... I'd rather lose in a game where our players play in their respective positions than the tinkering we saw out there... EPO conspiracy? lol

They had 3 or 4 shots on target when the score was 3-0.
They played well and efficiently in the first half.
2nd half with the score 3-0 of course, who would wanna risk an unintended injury when the 3 points are already in their pockets. Also fair play

Italy like a normal team should. They weren’t anything spectacular. They did the simple things right. We couldn’t even hold the ball. Some of our players first touch is atrocious. Even Fortounis is delayed by 1 second. He had a player open on the right one stage and instead of giving it like a normal person would he held onto the ball and made life harder. Samaras 2.0??

All the Italian sites were saying that this was the best half they played in years.  Truth of the matter was, the first 20 minutes or so, they couldn't penetrate and were trying long balls in. The 1st goal was set up bc Samaris missed his marker, the next two were counters were speed matters.  We are too slow and cannot afford to give away these goals.  But like you guys said, getting a result, regardless of the score, was going to be tough.  So 1-0 or 3-0, same result.

I find this strange but, imo, explains a lot. 

Samaris: "I can not understand why there is so much pressure"

http://www.gazzetta.gr/football/euro-2020/article/1364111/samaris-den-mporo-na-katalavo-giati-yparhei-tosi-piesi

At the same time, he said he can not understand why there is pressure and only three games have passed in the Euro qualifier group.

. . .

7 hours ago, J1078 said:

I think he choose to leave if I'm not mistaken...

The corrupt EPO at that time decided to get rid of Santos for some unknown reason. They were making his life miserable while he was leading the national team to our second best showing in international competition in the World Cup. They even refused to let him return back to Greece with the team after the competition pretty much telling him they did not want him on the team. That was the beginning of the NT downfall, which included disasters such as losses to team like Feroe Islands, etc.

• Like it 1

12 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

The corrupt EPO at that time decided to get rid of Santos for some unknown reason. They were making his life miserable while he was leading the national team to our second best showing in international competition in the World Cup. They even refused to let him return back to Greece with the team after the competition pretty much telling him they did not want him on the team. That was the beginning of the NT downfall, which included disasters such as losses to team like Feroe Islands, etc.

And then hiring Ranieri added to the teams misery after experiencing such a great run of success under Fernando Santos. 

2 hours ago, LaputanMachine said:

Angelos is testing this line-up

------------------------Barkas

Mavrias--Sokratis--Manolas--Koutris

----------------Zeca-------Samaris

Bakasetas----Fortounis----Masouras

---------------------Koulouris

That line is a fuk'n joke just like this coach. Bakashitas is so f'n garbage I never wanna see that mf anywhere near the team again. Samaris needs to be sat down for a bit. If you have zeca out there, you don't need Samaris as well. 

Can these mf coaches just put 2 actual wingers on at once?! Whys it always 1 winger and one cm out of position. Are these bozos on f'n crack?! 

• Like it 3

Santos was a fuk'n knob too

Never giving any young guy a chance. It took him 3 games to realize samaras could play st. Then when we could have beaten CR he decides to bring on katsouranis and make the game a retirement tour instead of getting on another am or winger which would have been the difference since holebas and lazaros were slicing through they're d which also led to the red CR got. He also started an injured karnezis against IC and had to waste a sub on him early. Then he played him still injured against CR which severely cost as well. Ya he won a euro cup, but he also has the best player in the world on that team, and don't think for a second that Ronaldo doesn't get a say in call ups and tactics ect. 

• Like it 1

20 minutes ago, gsots said:

That line is a fuk'n joke just like this coach. Bakashitas is so f'n garbage I never wanna see that mf anywhere near the team again.

Correct; Bakashitas offers nothing. I better play Mayrias an RM and move Sokratis at RB and Siovas at CB.. 

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

According to a few Greek media outlets Anastasiadis job is in jeporady if Greece don't get a win vs Armenia and the EPO has approached Ange Postecoglou about the coaching job. 

Why would they speak to another guy already? That’s just moronic. You shouldn’t do this just in case thing ever. That’s classless 

2 hours ago, PaoOle said:

Correct; Bakashitas offers nothing. I better play Mayrias an RM and move Sokratis at RB and Siovas at CB.. 

Sokratis will get murdered at right back. He can’t even run in the middle of the park let alone down the flank. 

11 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

And then hiring Ranieri added to the teams misery after experiencing such a great run of success under Fernando Santos. 

pretty sure we lost like 5 keys player after world cup 2014 + new coach. No Kastouranis, Samaras, Karagounis, Salpingidis, Gekas. Huge hole was left that campaign.

The last euro we were okay. We gave Belgium a run for their money and they were top 4 and got knocked by Croatia who was in the final. 

The other tournys were we qualified we got in by 2nd and knock out rounds to Ukraine and Romania. A lot of things lined up.

Wow, Bakasetas starting. He was a disaster in Lietchtenstein. No form, no confidence. Maybe this match will change his luck. Is there other option?

He should be calling up Lamprou, Limnios and Torosides. Can you do that?

Next match is serious. Coach’s ass is on the line. Can you imagine if Armenia score 2 in the first half. 

Edited by kbxk508

2 minutes ago, GreekLunatic said:

If bakasetas is starting then he has lost it 

On the bright side, Ange A may fall on his sword (so 2 speak), after this match. Get Ange P!..  might b a good thang!

Ange A should seriously consider moving Sok to DM with Zeca (c) at CD and Pelkas AM;

Vlaho/Pascha?Barkas...(who cares)

Bakakis/Kotsiras    Risvanis    Siovas    Koutris

Sokratis    

Zeca (c)

(Donis injured)Fortounis    Pelkas     Lamprou

Koulouris/Florin (toss a coin) 

Alefantos . Manolas . Bouchalakis . Bouzoukis

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic