Phantis Forums

Friendly: Turkey - Greece ( 30 May 2019, Antalya Stadium, Antalya )

Omonoia9

1 minute ago, Molon Lave said:

They may not be great, but still, they can kick our butt if Greece don't play like they want to win. 

Defending them won't be the hard part. 

Mitriglou is not in the squad.

That was a very poor half for us. Defence is horrible and Turkey is playing very well with good passing and running right through us... Samaris has been our worst but no one else has done good, Siopis gets a mention for at least hustling but he needs support 

These players have no chemistry and it shows. Passes in the wrong direction, awkward runs, running into each other. On the first goal it seems that they were waiting to see who was gonna cover the striker. This half is (believe it or not) probably one of the worst performances I’ve seen from the Ethniki. I think coach is trying to give the young players a chance to prove themselves but they are just bringing each other down. Samaris scoop pass to give Turkey their second goal was a joke not only badly executed but also a STUPID idea to begin with. Fortounis is the only player who is capable of bringing the ball up field. How many times are we going to pass the ball back to the keeper.

sorry, needed to vent... can’t be the only one.

on the bright side I am 100% confident that this won’t be the way we will play versus Italy.

• Like it 3

• Lazarus changed the title to Friendly: Turkey - Greece ( 30 May 2019, Antalya Stadium, Antalya )
  • Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic