Phantis Forums

Friendly: Turkey - Greece ( 30 May 2019, Antalya Stadium, Antalya )

Omonoia9

I heard this guys press conference and he sounds like an idiot.. even though he takes blame he’s saying this has nothing to do with Zeca being RB or not having a striker and playing guys all over the place.. he said in his entire career he’s never seen such a bad performance to start the game.. news flash you saw it against Bosnia in the first 30 minutes and against Turkey... 

The Italian Gazetta said the coach made a wrong plan and played the wrong style. It also said Barkas was great and Samaris was the worst player on the pitch.. but they said all in all this coach and his formation made the team play scared and it was very easy for the Italians.. We should blame the players for sure but when they are asked to play a system which requires them to play a new positions against a top team is the coach not setting them up for failure???

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

I heard this guys press conference and he sounds like an idiot.. even though he takes blame he’s saying this has nothing to do with Zeca being RB or not having a striker and playing guys all over the place.. he said in his entire career he’s never seen such a bad performance to start the game.. news flash you saw it against Bosnia in the first 30 minutes and against Turkey... 

I dunno if you remember J1078, when we signed him, he did say, does not matter if you're a 7 10 or 4, if you're good enough you can play anywhere... I didnt take it too seriously at the time but guess what... he is serious and his comments after the Italy match are very concerning... sadly in the space of this "camp", Turkey game and Italy game, Angelo has really lost me and any faith in him. Italy game takes the cake, that was a disaster and the amount of mistakes made is insane. Bosnia 2nd half was a distraction to all this

To be fair - both Turkey and Italy have good teams.  Turkey just beat France 2-0 and could have scored more.  The biggest problem I have is we have yet to settle in.  We usually implode after the first goal and let in another one or two in succession. After that, there is no coming back.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic