Phantis Forums

Friendly: Turkey - Greece ( 30 May 2019, Antalya Stadium, Antalya )

Omonoia9

second half, was better than the first (nothing to get excited about). We scrapped out a goal in the last play of the game which was honestly a mistake from turkeys defense. Im really disappointed with the performance in this game. Id love to hear what coach has to say about it. Im trying to find something positive to take from this game but I can't. 

No positives at all from this game, defence looked so sloppy, no flow no control horrible showing.. I know it’s a friendly but these types of results can couse doubt in the players and the fans again.. I’m not sure what Angelo what trying to accomplish But we still had Masouras, Samaria, Fortounis, Koutris, Kolouris, in the line up and these are players we expect more or less to play for us.. Very disappointing as we looked no better today under this coach.. Hope we see a drastic change come Saturday agains Italy becasue this is now 2 games back to back where we have fallen apart early in a game and trailed 2-0 and if that happens against Italy we are done..

• Like it 1

• Lazarus changed the title to Friendly: Turkey - Greece ( 30 May 2019, Antalya Stadium, Antalya )

The team lacked precence in the midfield. They could not create any flow there. Once we got to the final third and a chance presented itself there were missed crosses as we saw from mantalos and pelkas to name a few. This match does not count in the standings but the guys should have gone much harder and treated as a war, look at who we were playing? The kolo Turks. There seemed to be a lack of determination from the start of the game and then most of the 2nd half.. 

Very disappointed that Greece couldn't get a result... 

2 hours ago, nick said:

Will mitroglou be available for the Italy game. Koulouris has t proven he can play at NT level yet. Adding donis, mitroglou, manolas, sokratis, vlachodimos will be a massive difference 

At the beginning of the match you could definitely see how much we missed Sokratis and Manolas in the back. Nothing we could do on the 2nd goal Samaris just gave the ball away in the worst part of the field.. 

Guys in all honesty what did you expect from that starting lineup? Like the radio broadcasters on sportfm said "Did Anastasiadis see this lineup in his dream?"

I'm sorry to say but a lot of you guys on these boards ask all the time why doesn't EPO schedule more friendlies? In all honesty this was one we could have done

without. What were they thinking scheduling a friendly when they knew they wouldn't have Zeca, Donis, Manolas and Sokratis and to top it off no Mitroglou and

Torosidis. Anyways RELAX it's just a friendly! No more Mavrias please!!!

• Like it 1

Exactly, our three first choice center backs weren't playing. As well as our best midfielder (Zeca). 4-5 starters out was always going to be a long shot. Don't know what Angelo will do at right back, didn't watch the match so can't comment on Mavrias/Kotsiras performance. I hope he doesn't pull Zeca out of midfield and put him there. I'd rather Sokratis gets shifted to right back with Siovas and Manolas at CB.

• Like it 1

WEIRD starting 11. koutris as a cb who's a 5'8 lb and masouras who's a winger/striker at rb? 

mavrias who's a rb/rm as cb too. wtf we have amazing cbs and he doesnt even start?! shame 

if we had no cb's available he should've just put kourbelis and samaris at cb who can play there

Edited by georgelaz

3 hours ago, georgelaz said:

WEIRD starting 11. koutris as a cb who's a 5'8 lb and masouras who's a winger/striker at rb? 

mavrias who's a rb/rm as cb too. wtf we have amazing cbs and he doesnt even start?! shame 

if we had no cb's available he should've just put kourbelis and samaris at cb who can play there

The line up they put up was wrong. It was this...

Paschalakis

Mavrias Kourbelis Valerianos Koutris

Siopis Samaris

Masouras Fortounis Pelkas

Koulouris

Btw Samaris and Fortounis were trash. Siopis did alright. Played better than Samaris. Koulouris not involved enough. We clearly need more quality in midfield and upfront. Samaris is not good enough. Koulouris hasn’t got enough presence. Kolovos is good enough and so is Masouras. Kourbelis is great to have, I’d give him game time instead of Samaris. Tachtsidis and Lykogiannis should have been called up. 

• Like it 1

I really question Samaris inclusion in the 11's... he has done nothing and only made life worse for the team.

He and Fourtounis should not have played in Turkey, if I was coach I really would be questioning what Samaris brings to the team

I agree about Tachtsidis and Lykogiannis

I wonder if Siopis performance might have given Angelo the confidence to shift Zeca to right back and start Siopis with Samaris/Kourbelis. 

Samaris has been poor when playing for the ethniki of late, but I feel he will start by default. Will be interesting to see what Angelo goes with, he seems to be a fan of Kourbelis as well. Kourbelis-Samaris would be a disaster IMO against the Italians. Zeca must start in the middle, that's my biggest concern. 

We mustn't discount the possibility of lining up in a 5-3-2, although I think the first 15-20 mins of the Bosnia match probably has put that formation on the back-burner at least for the time being. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic