Phantis Forums

Greek Cup Final: PAOK -AEK (11-May-19, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

Guy's dropping some elite-level shade there

Garry is amused as well:

0808_sn_Kasparov_1.jpg

-edit- to my everlasting shame, I misspelled the legend's first name

Edited by pash

Matos and Giannoulis practiced with the team and will be available Saturday. 

Giannoulis has been a liability defensively so I am not sure if he will start. Myself I would prefer Tosca instead of Giannoulis. Matos is a must on the right side of defense. Also want to see if Canas gets a start over Shakhov.

• Blackhawk changed the title to Greek Cup Final: PAOK -AEK (11-May-19, 20:30 EEST)

3,000 policemen will be deployed for the Greek Cup final. They will watch over 900 people that will be present at the stadium in empty OAKA. That comes out to 3.33 policemen per person.

Things are getting more bizarre each day ... 

Each team probably gets 100 extra tickets for family of the players.

In the meantime 3000 policemen will be in the stadium. Whoooahahaa. Really???! There are about 1000 "spectators" who are not hooligans and then this .......

Well I am sure not all 3,000 policemen will inside the stadium, but still it's laughable.

In the meantime the team is already in Athens. All the healthy players traveled with the team and final squad will be determined before game time. 

I think Lucescu will go with the following lineup tomorrow:

------------------ Paschalakis -----------------
Matos - Varela - Crespo - Giannoulis
-------- Oliveira ------------- Shakhov ------
Limnios ------- Pelkas ------- Biseswar 
-------------------- Akpokm ---------------------

BENCH: Papadopoulos, Lyratzis, Ingason, Canas, Jaba, El Kaddouri, Swiderski

but I would prefer this lineup

-------------Paschalakis -----------------
Matos - Varela - Crespo - Tosca
-------- Oliveira ---------- Canas ------
Jaba ------- Pelkas ------- Biseswar 
------------------ Akpokm ------------------

BENCH: Papadopoulos, Lyratzis, Ingason, Shakhov, Limnios, Henrique, Swiderski

Sounds like there's already trouble in Athens.

My lineup is not very different from either of the above. I'd start Jaba and Shakhov. I would lean towards Giannoulis as well.

Left back is an interesting debate, does he go with the more defensively solid Tosca or the more attacking Giannoulis. I tend to be on the side of caution especially in the a final and I'd be going with Tosca. No way I'd be breaking up Varela-Crespo combo, we lose in 2 positions if Crespo plays at left back. 

Another mistake IMO would be not playing Biseswar as a dekari. We saw our 2nd half of the season how good we were with him pulling the strings. You want to fit Pelkas in so bad stick him on the wing and let Diego have free run of the pitch playing behind Akpom. Otherwise I'd be starting Limnios and Jaba on the wings. 

Pelkas is better than Biseswar (come at me bro). But, just as in the past few games, expect them to move around a lot. It's what they do. The two work well together.

I'm afraid pash I'm gonna have to fight you up real good after that comment. 

The reason Biseswar form has dropped off in the last few games is because he's been pushed back out to the wing to accommodate Pelkas. Biseswar offers more as a 10 than Pelkas, just my opinion of course. 

I'll be heading to the fan club later here in London to watch the game. Been saving my last bit of ? for nearly a month now so I can enjoy it before the game with the brothers.

Let's finish the season on a high! FORZA PAOKARA

4 hours ago, CincinnatiAek said:

Anyone here lucky enough to get invited to the final? My invitation must have been lost in the mail. Hoping for a game free of controversy. I predict 2-1 Paok but hope I am wrong.

It's such an embarrassment. How is this not extortion by the police? No fans (and therefore income), but still getting paid from the EPO (or the teams)? Talk about being rewarded for failing to do your job.

Incidentally, I saw this posted a few days ago: https://www.masslive.com/patriots/2019/05/man-who-pointed-laser-at-tom-bradys-face-during-afc-championship-game-wont-apologize-to-brady-new-england-patriots.html . Arrowhead stadium seats over 76,000 people and NFL security was able to identify the one guy who was using a laser pointer. Can Greece just hire the NFL to do its security for them?

Kind of surprised that Oliveira is not starting. However with the possibility that the game might go into extra time it will be nice option to throw in a fresh player with Oliveira's stature in the second half to gain the upper hand.