Phantis Forums

Marinakis Against Socrates

Bashibozuk

1) Petros Kokkalis chose to not be member of the “:Piraeus winner” and to join SYRIZA

2)  This upset Marinakis and he claimed that

a) When he bought Olymbiakos, the team was bust

b) The amateur-OSFP, run by Petros Kokkalis, had a debt of 7M

c)   When he took over, Olymbiakos was bust and in a situation worse than that of AEK before it was demoted to the C-level

d) he should have expected the choice of Petros Kokkalis; his father's fortune was built through contracts with with the Greek   

governments

The response of Socrates was “The more Mr. Marimakis speaks, the better we understand the character of the gentleman".  I guess that Marinakis thinks that he is clever because he has money. At the other  end, Socrates knows that he is rich because he is clever, cunning, educated, and full of initiative.

• Like it 2

Both Presidents have done great things for the club in their own way and style. Socrates brought us out of the petrina xronia, brought us Giovanni who we all fell in love with and built us Karaiskaki and created a dynasty domestically. Marinakis did not make such big splashes signings wise, but he did modernize the club in many ways, and made our name and status grow bigger outside of Greece while making the club financially stable and healthy and raising the bar incredibly when it comes to transfer fees for our top players.

Personally I always liked Socratis' style especially with his media handling he would always stick it to our rivals but in a playful way, while Marinakis was very blunt and somewhat unbecoming I find of a prez. At the end of the day however we are truly blessed to have had them both at the helm, and we will be good for the foreseeable future under Marinakis guaranteed the man loves the club and will not tolerate seeing us at second place.

Here is a short little video on Kokkalis if anyone is interested.

• Like it 2

• 4 months later...

The sainted trios

1) Marinakis bought Olymbiakos and the newspaper NEA; he is friendly to the New Democracy

2) Savvidis bought PAOK, and the newspaper Ethnos; he is friendly to SYRIZA.

Now it is clear to all that the truth is not subjective; the truth is the opinions that serve the  interest of the moneyed.

Except, maybe, in the USA. In this sacred country the holders of the truth are those who manage to enable the Trumps of the world.

Edited by Bashibozuk
Orthography, missing text

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys I am an outsider in these things but I think Kokkalis made far better signings. It was not only Giovanni. He tried to build a really strong team that could compete with European powerhouses like Juventus. In 1999, Olympiacos reached the quarter finals of Champions League and they lost to Juventus 2-3 (on aggregate). He signed Rivaldo (Golden Ball winner, world champion), Karembeu (world and European championships, Champions League winner with Real Madrid), Zahovic (played in the Champions League final in 2000), Raul Bravo and a lot of Greek internationals like Giannakopoulos Mavrogenidis Venetidis Patsatzoglou Antzas Nikopolidis. So far, Marinakis has signed only one classy player, Valbuena and even he is not a world class footballer like Rivaldo was.

Edited by La Mendel

Marinakis helped Olympiacos to win the Super League several times but I think he gave up  Champions League from the beginning. If you want to reach a certain stage (QF, SF) you should sign better players than Ba, El Arabi, Guilherme, Gaspar and the likes. I guess he thinks CL is a hopeless case for a Greek team cannot compete with Barcelona, Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain. He doesnt want to give out big money; it is enough for him that Olympiacos could dominate at home.

Edited by La Mendel
  • Like it 1

Different eras though, back then the league had much more quality in terms of players. AEK & PAO had very strong teams, Recobas were at Panionios.

The League has improved in other aspects now but we don’t see the big names that we did in the late 90’s and 00’s when the big teams had very good teams vs now.

• Like it 1

Φίλτατε  Αχιλλέα

1) Your criticisms are correct

2)  Your points about the 10.gr and the ethics of Greek soccer  are  correct (in my opinion)

3) The story about Savvides is of interest to  the OSFP  supporters

4)  I am sure that eventually some Phantis-referee will fix my errors  

My grandsons were dumbfounded that I was unable to address what is important. They are of the opinion that the owners of the four big teams (AEK, OSFP, PAO and PAOK) do not care for sports. They care for power and money. Therefore,

1. Marinakis bought the NEA and Savvides the Ethnos.

2. Marinakis fell in love with ΝΔ and Kokkalis with ΣΥΡΙΖΑ

3. The club of Xanthi was bought a company, TFA, owned by Ivan Savvidis.

4. The Europeans (dumb unlike us Greeks) were dumbfounded. Therefore, one can read in the Greek press (e.g., https://www.iefimerida.gr/spor) that

FIFA/UEFA want to meet with Μαρινάκη, Μελισσανίδη, Σαββίδη και Αλαφούζο. Cheers!

Edited by Bashibozuk
Orthography

• 4 weeks later...

Those who read the in.gr may have read, in Greek (or in English , the following story:

The revelations about Xanthi's ownership and his nephew Ivan Savvidis, who bought through the RFA company the premises of the accreditation team and the hotel "Le Chalet", are outrageous. Last week the ONE Channel revealed that until a few years ago Ioannis Kalpazidis was working as a waiter. A few years later, Kalpazidis himself, son of Ivan Savvidis' sister, appears to find 10,000,000 euros and offer them for the acquisition of Xanthi's facilities.

The case is in full swing. With investigations from all parties involved and the "accused" continuing to try to save time. For days now it has been revealed that the ESA has been requested to fire documents requested by the ESA from Xanthi, RFA, Panopoulos and Kalpazidis, but also to postpone the hearing for 10 January 2020.

Note that (unless I am wrong) the ONE Channel belongs to Marinakis.

Edited by Bashibozuk
errant T
  • Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

The opera buffa continues.

…. the PAOK lawyer argued that "today we must dispel a myth". PAOK is not owned by Ivan Savvidis. Ivan Savvidis is just a president. The PAE belongs to George Savvidis and Sunday Savvidis, who are commanding and just consulting Ivan.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

The Greek Justice is trying to find if the Greek footfall  ever was corrupt, The citizens are aghast and doubt that such things can in Greece

But he problem is that the merciless Alafouzos insists and said that:

1. «During the era of Κokkalis I was seeing the most irrational, absurd and senseless things. Nowadays another team acts like the Olymbiakos of yesterday.

2. The referees who acted as if they were the 12-th footballer of Olymbiakos would referee more matches and would become international referees.

We observe that:

1. For reasons unknown to the rational mind, Alafouzos had nothing to say about Vardis Vardinogiannis and PAO. 

2. The newspaper Ethnos has been bought par Savvidis; the Ethnos is of the opinion that Savvidis is an angel and his enemies Devils.

• 3 weeks later...

Whoever may be interested in the misfortunes of Ivan and PAOK may want to read the text below. Details can be read at the iefimerida

The Council of State rejected the demands of PAOK PA and Xanthi and the competent disciplinary bodies continue their work.
Πηγή: iefimerida.gr - https://www.iefimerida.gr/spor/paok-xanthi-aporrifthikan-aitimata-sto-ste

• 3 weeks later...

The iefimerida.gr wrote the following:

According another the newspaper (TA NEA, belongs to Marinakis)

a) UEFA went through the books of AEK, PAOK and PAO

b) AEK owes 21M, PAOK owes 8M and PAO 2.5.

c) UEFA has informed Greek teams since last summer that their budgets will be monitored throughout the year, not just at the end of the season, as they were before. If the teams do not manage to have balanced budgets, the penalties that may be imposed are from a simple recommendation to bring the group in line with the rules until it is eliminated by the European organizations.

• 2 months later...

After all these stories about the scheming and intrigues of Savvidis, PAOK and Savvidis are stronger than Olymbiakos and Marinakis,

As of that we read these the following statements:

1. Before the week in which Olymbiakos plays against PAOK, PAOK will have played on Thursday and Olymbiakos on Friday. Therefore,the PAOK players will have more time to recover for the Olymbiakos-PAOK match.
  2. Olymbiakos wants that non-Greeks referees referee the game.
  3. Olymbiakos wants that the Olympiakos supporters be able to enter in the stadium in order to match the match.