Phantis Forums

Cup-SF-L2: Asteras Tripolis - PAOK (25-Apr-19, 16:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

Asteras.png.934e54c4ff9cba74834a2870c076952a.png VS  PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg

MATCHUP:             Asteras Tripolis - P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki
COMPETITION:     Greek Cup – Semifinal – Leg 2
DATE:                      25-April-2019
TIME:                      16:00 EEST  (13:00 GMT, 08:00 CDT, 23:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:    Tripoli – Theodoros Kolokotronis Stadium (Capacity: 7,717)
REFEREES:             Aggelos Euaggelou (Athens) - Damianos Efthimiadis (Pierias), Andreas Fotopoulos (Athens)
TELEVISION:         COSMOTE Sport 1 (Greece), Antenna Satellite (USA/Canada), Antenna Pacific (Australia), Laola1.TV (Worldwide)

PAOK – Asteras Tripolis Greek Cup history:

2018-2019: PAOK - Asteras Tripolis   2:0 (Matos 2) - Attendance: ?     (Semifinal – Leg 1)
2012-2013: Asteras Tripolis
- PAOK   2:0 - Attendance: 7,500    (Semifinal – Leg 2)
2012-2013: PAOK - Asteras Tripolis
  2:1 (Athanasiadis, Salpiggidis) - Attendance: 26,901      (Semifinal – Leg 1)

GAMES:  3    WINS:     TIES:   0    LOSSES:  1

• Blackhawk changed the title to Cup-SF-L2: Asteras Tripolis - PAOK (24-Apr-19, 16:00 EEST)
  • Blackhawk changed the title to Cup-SF-L2: Asteras Tripolis - PAOK (25-Apr-19, 16:00 EEST)

He's good to go. Here are the selections:

Πασχαλάκης, Παπαδόπουλος, Μάτος, Λύρατζης, Βαρέλα, Κρέσπο, Ίνγκασον, Γιαννούλης, Μίσιτς, Σάκχοφ, Ολιβέιρα, Κάνιας, Πέλκας, Μπίσεσβαρ  Λημνιός, Ζαμπά, Άκπομ και Σφιντέρσκι

Tricky game if you ask me. 

The best scenario would be to score a goal early, which would pretty much seal the deal and then coast and try to avoid any injuries and/or red cards.

As proven in the two league games against them they are a dirty teams with a lot of fouling which they seem to get away with. I am worried we will end up with injured players from this game.

Team for today                

Paschalakis

matos.........Varella....Ingason.......Crespo

Shakov..............Misc

Limnios............Biseswar..............Jaba

Akpom

• Like it 1

Good lineup! Looking forward to seeing Misic get a red

I figured Crespo would be at LB when I saw him playing there in the vid the team posted yesterday. Hopefully he has his attacking boots on.

• Blackhawk changed the title to Cup-SF-L2: Asteras Tripolis - PAOK (25-Apr-19, 16:00 EEST)

Poor first half, we had trouble when Asteras pressed us high. Once we gave them possession they couldn't build anything from the back. 

Game will become more stretched in the 2nd half, I think we'll grab a goal on the break. As long as Pasxalakis doesn't decide he wants to give Asteras an open goal, he seems hellbent on keeping his poor Cup form up. What was with him chasing the ball (that was going for a PAOK throw) out all the way to the touchline? Superman has gone nuts

It's got to be because Lucescu is concerned about defense. Crespo is terrible at fullback. I've said it before and I'll say it again - when you play a CB on the edge, you just get another CB. We have nothing moving forward if he's there.