Phantis Forums

AEK » Daily Team News

Alphonse

• Lazarus changed the title to AEK » Daily Team News
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Soprano76 said:

Will be interesting for sure. At least we are assured of no fan trouble lol.

Avoiding a point deduction for next season is certainly a positive for both team. Have a feeling AEK is going to have a very different roster next season. Team needs an overhaul.

I think to sum it up, PAOK is much better in attack, much faster and lethal, Biseswar and Pelkas much faster than our guys, because the slow combo of Mantalos-Livajia-Bakasetas can only rely on crosses PAOK deals with that easy, Ponce had one or two one on ones but didn't happen.

Simoes and Kristicic were both poor, why did we start Kristicic over Galanopoulos I dunno but not the right decision.

We need signings, can't do much under this loan model, PAOK spends money

• 2 weeks later...

Manolo gone... we signed Miguel Cardoso

65 games 24 wins 13 draws 28 losses

After doing well with Rio Ave in Portugal initially then got sacked. Sacked from Nantes and then sacked from Celta Vigo...

What a move by Meli... signed for 2 years

• 2 months later...

Far out man, I still remember when we hired him and looking at his record. He has one good season in Portugal (a 5th place finish) and that was it, was terminated everywhere else... what Lymbe saw on him, I don’t know but that’s as bad as it gets. Good riddance 

I wanted to give him a chance but even his press conferences you could see he was nothing 

• Like it 1

I’m happy with both. Poyet is happy to be back with us and I’m sure he can make the Cardoso acquisitions look like actual football players.

To your point, yes there is a risk things could go sour, especially with Meli’s people management and Poyets passion but let’s hope it doesn’t get to that

I watched the second half. Livaja and Albanis were excellent and really set the platform for us. It looked like we had given Asterias an undeserved draw but Simoes made the win count. 

Greay scenes after the game with players, coach and fans