Phantis Forums

2019-2020 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

In my case our IP department will  not be very happy if I start installing a VPN (or Opera browser) on the company computer. Looks like radio for me on this one.  I wonder what company owns the rights to this game in the US, Canada, Netherlands and UK that prevents us from seeing it on PAOK TV.

beIN Sports will show the game in some countries of Middle East and Africa. Also TV Sport in Norway.

Also heard that the obnoxious Stavros Kolkas will do the commentary on the PAOK TV broadcast.

While I can do that on my company's computer, I was actually planning on using my phone for this one. Looks like the mobile version claims the same functionality. Fingers crossed!

-edit- lineup!

D_C5hDwXsAACFhr.jpg:large

Edited by pash

Final 2:2

Looks like the players can't easily adjust to the new system that the new coach wants them to play. Lack of good midfield players is showing in our play. Definitively need two solid signings in the midfield. Misic and Kace just don't cut it.

highlights, though the quality is bad as some of the actions are mixed up.

Can not see why Henrique got the red, but anyway, he is trying to hard and I don’t like this kind of behaviour. Saw him two games and in both he was doing everything but playing football.

And don’t know what got into our keepers, but why are they punching always every ball away instead of catching it?!?!

Like I said we need midfielders, no matter how good your defence is, its useless if we cant hold the ball (dominate the midfield) and organise an attack. Its no good if the opponent keeps getting the ball No matter how s%$#! your opponent is sooner or later they will find a way to score, even if it is a fluke.

The best defence is attack.

We can't depend on our wingers to carry the game forever, its too predictable and they obviously get tired in the 2nd half, theirs no Verinha going up and acting like a midfielder to save us. Warda is bust, due to his mentality, unless the Portuguese coach has a magical way to make him work (I sure hope he does), would at-least get us a reasonable midfield sub.

Είμαι εκτός και δεν πολύ βλέπω τι γίνεται, αλλά πάλι πάμε για 4-4-2; Στανόγεβιτς φάση; Ελπίζω να γίνει κάποιο θαύμα και να λειτουργήσει αυτή τη φορά το σύστημα. Αλλά όχι με Κάτσε μέσα ρε παιδιά. Δεν χρειάζεται να τον πάρει στην προετοιμασία για να τον τεστάρει. Αν είναι δυνατόν. Ας του πει κάποιος πέντε πράγματα.

Papadopoulos (the GK) and Markovski are also returning to Thessaloniki. No surprises there though.

Wernbloom and Mauricio are also returning instead of traveling to Romania for the next friendly, which they obviously were not going to play in anyway.

Wernbloom should be practicing normally but apparently still feels some pain, which is why we haven't seen him in any friendlies. I haven't heard any updates recently but it seems unlikely he'll be available for the qualifiers now.

In my opinion it will be a while before Wernbloom sees any playing action. It might be couple months from now and I would not be surprised if he does not see any action at all.

El Kaddouri has been good so far in preseason and it appears that Ferreira likes him. I see him having a good season if he stays with PAOK, which I think will be the case.

I think after Friday's game and before they return to Holland, Ferreira will cut the roster down to more manageable level. We will also see some transfer moves before the second part of preseason.

These 27 players will also be part of the squad in stage 2 of the preseason training sessions:

Πασχαλάκης, Ζίβκοβιτς, Μελίσσας, Κρέσπο, Βαρέλα, Ίνγκασον, Μιχάι, Χατζηϊσαΐας, Γιαννούλης, Δεληγιαννίδης, Μάτος, Ροντρίγκο, Ντούγκλας Αουγκούστο, Κάτσε, Μίσιτς, Τσιγγάρας, Ελ Καντουρί, Μπίσεσβαρ, Πέλκας, Ζαμπά, Λάμπρου, Λημνιός, Στοχ, Ενρίκε, Γαϊτανίδης, Άκπομ, Σφιντέρσκι

Warda is still enjoying his holiday after Egypt's early elimination at the African cup of nations. All the others are not in the plans of Ferreira.

On 7/10/2019 at 8:16 AM, BostonThanatos said:

Whats the timeline on Wernbloom and Mauricio's return to play?

Wernbloom was supposed to practice with the team right now, but if he doesn't in 2 month he might as well hang them up.

Mauricio is expected to start training in October.

Vieririnha in December.