Phantis Forums

2019-2020 Pre Season Training News and Games

Dutch Eagle

Sounds like Swiderski also has an infection/illness - I wonder if it's the same thing that Giannoulis has? Team better watch out; can't have the whole squad wiped out before the qualifiers!!!

I like that lineup.   Having a guy like Esiti in the midfield with El Khaddouri or Auguto will be huge.  I'd personally prefer to have Biseswar in Pelkas position and a guy like Stoch on the wing....having Biseswar play behind Akpom,  almost like a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 that we traditionally play.  Biseswar CAN score, but really excels at controlling the ball and creating opportunities for other players.  Coach knows best though, and he's explained that he's gonna have players coming out of their comfort zone, position wise....so let's see what we have in store.

Edited by BostonThanatos

I agree that Biseswar is more useful in the center. In fact I wouldn't mind seeing them flip positions in the above lineup. Pelkas does not have as much of a drop off when playing on the wing. He's definitely better at driving in as a striker than Biseswar, though.

Why not use them both in a 4-4-2 diamond, I say!

--Esiti--

--Jaba--              --Stoch--

--Biseswar--

--Pelkas--Akpom--

Unf that's a lot of firepower

It is but I'm afraid that then you only have Esiti regulating the midfield and may force our defenders to play higher up in support.....that may be OK with some teams, but in European competition, I think it would be disaster. Jaba, Stoch and Biseswar are pretty worthless on the defensive side of the midfield.

Edited by BostonThanatos

That's the kind of lineup I'd expect to see against some low-level Greek competition. Or perhaps in a game where we need a goal or three and the opponent is sitting deep.