Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

Siabanis was not renewed because in his past and current negotiations he refused to be loaned and demanded a set number of games, something PAOK did not agree to. If he signs with Olympiakos I see him being loaned to one of their friendly teams (Panionios, OFI, Aris).

Ο Ismael Silva την πρώτη του χρονιά στη Ρωσία την έπαιξε ως defensive midfielder. Τη δεύτερη χρονιά στα μισά ματς ήταν central midfielder και στα άλλα μισά attacking midfielder.

Before we know it he will be playing as a goalkeeper.

It looks like we ended negotiations with Shakhov. PAOK doubled his salary, but Shakhov did not accept the offer. We also supposedly told Canas to reply by Friday.

He'll also be a free transfer and can play on both sides. His stats and highlights are decent but not exceptional. I'd rather give Lyratzis a go but whatever. Hiring him will also be the death knell for Warda, as we'll be back at the limit. On case anyone thought Am would get a fourth chance.

Rumors are that we'll officially announced three signings by Saturday.

Soares should be landing in SKG any minute now to complete his medical exam. Silva in the coming days? Unclear on that part.

Here's our new smiling baby boy:

Edited by pash

We have to pay 800K to Gremio Anapolis for Rodrigo. Apparently they still had rights to the player. According to reports Rodrigo had a great season as RB in Portugal last season. Also we stole him from AEX right under their noses as their new coach really wanted him on the team, although I really doubt the convicted felon would have paid 800K for the player. Sounds like a solid signing, and with Matos we are all set as far as the RB position is concerned. I would even venture to say that with this signing we also took care of the LB position.

In other news Malezas is still considering to play next season and might join Xanthi.

pash, Warda burned all the bridges behind him and with Lucescu at the helm he will not set foot at Toumba. The sooner we can get rid of him the better it will be for both sides. Best scenario would be to sell him to a foreign team.

Hey, I didn't think he'd come back! But if he has six good months on loan somewhere (ugh), you know the birdies will be chirping.

The more I read about Rodrigo the more happy I am about it. Looking forward to seeing him (and if he is comfortable enough on the left side, he'll give Giannoulis that push as well). Still think our biggest concerns are at midfield though; gimme that bam baby!

The reason he is linked to Nurenberg is because they hired the Atromitos coach. Could be just media creating fake news, but if there is any truth to that it would be welcomed news. If I was PAOK I would wait until the Africa Nations Cup in case he has a good tournament for Egypt.

So the rumor regarding the fancy new winger is that he plays in England, is around 30 years old, and (I believe) is a RW. It doesn't look like transfermarkt allows exporting of data, so I instead took a look the old fashioned way to see who fits the bill. This is just for fun, of course. So keep your pitchforks in your pants, guys.

For all of these, I looked at players between 28 and 32 years of age, with market values below 20mm and over 4mm. I don't think the hype is about someone "cheap," and we're obviously not getting someone like Salah. I excluded people who do not have citizenship in an EU country, as that would require a sale of one of our 40 Brazilians. I am also including left wingers and players with UK citizenship since it seems UEFA hasn't ruled them foreign yet. The age and market value constraints really narrow down the options; there aren't as many as you'd think:

RW:

Theo Walcott - 18mm - Everton

Michail Antonio - 12mm - West Ham

Johann Berg Gudmundsson - 10mm - Burnley

Robert Snodgrass - 7mm - West Ham

Aaron Lennon - 5mm - Burnley

LW:

Andre Schurrle - 15mm - Fulham

Josh Murphy - 8mm - Cardiff

Bakary Sako - 5mm - Crystal Palace

Ryan Babel - 5mm - Fulham

Junior Stanislas - 4.5mm - Bournemouth

Rajiv van La Parra - 4mm - Huddersfield

As an aside, Ben Woodburn (19yr - 5mm - Liverpool) was a name that was rumored last month.

It's possible the guy will be from the second tier - here are some options there:

RW:

Matt Phillips - 9mm - West Brom

Albert Adomah - 5mm - Aston Villa

Luciano Narsingh - 4mm - Swansea

LW:

James McClean - 5mm - Stoke

Kamil Grosicki - 5mm - Hull

Russian sites saying we're paying 4mm for Ismael Silva

-edit- Another rumor is that Giovanni Dos Santos will be a buy for attacking midfield. Other rumors are that he's the fancy new winger. Who knows. I hope not, long story short.

Edited by pash

Lamia wants Melissas again (would be dumb on our part to agree)

Branco is in Portugal watching the NL games, and perhaps talking to some player agents? Hmmm...

-edit- One instagram account said he's making another push for Oliveira. I would not hold my breath on that.

Edited by pash

On 5/31/2019 at 1:38 PM, pash said:

Gargalitzidis renewing his contract through summer of 2022. It appears he'll be going on loan for this next season as well.

Achilleas Salamouras renewed his contract too. No info till when exactly. He probably also will be out on loan.

The kid only has to be tought to wear other clothes when singning a contract. Or something decent or something from the manufacturer of our kit: https://inpaok.com/570844/ananeose-o-salamouras-pics/

• Like it 1

Negotiations still ongoing for Lamprou and his new contract; inPAOK says we're gunning for a 10mm release clause

They also claim a Dutch site is saying 2.5mm for El Kaddouri, though I found the article which appears to note 1.5 (I'd still take it!): https://www.voetbalkrant.com/nieuws/2019-06-11/standard-wil-omar-el-kaddouri-ex-napoli-weer-naar-belgie-halen . Perhaps they're confusing how many years he played with Napoli for a sale price? I'll let our resident Dutchman be the judge.

I read the other day that we're selling off a bunch of our K19 kids, instead of doing our standard "loan 20 people out for years until their contracts expire" thing. If that is the case, good luck to them! Hopefully they realize their dreams of making it to the big leagues, so to speak.