Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

6 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Shakhov was a solid performer for the past 3 seasons, scoring 29 goals during that span. I still prefer Canas over Shakhov, considering we already have a Shakhov style player in Misic on the squad.

They were both very important players for us. Different characteristics and of course 3,5 years age difference. If we could upgrade both of them it would be ideal. I am just happy they played for us!

Canas or Shakhov ?  Both of them are manges.  They were, along with Cimirot, the first proper midfielders we had.  Canas was the first player who gave me confidence when paired with Cimirot that we could plug the holes in the middle.  We forget how easily we used to concede stupid goals.  Go back and watch some highlights if you will.  Shakhov for a CM is quite prolific.  He has the knack of timing his runs well and has a decent shot.  Also overlooked is his height.  Who do you mark first on set-piece ?  Well, better mark that big guy called Prijovic.  Oh, and there's that CB they call the beast.  Oh damn, that Matos guy is very good in the air too.  Oh crap, and now we have that Shakhov guy as well.  It's always good to have some talls in your team.  Not mandatory, but always a nice plus.

Right now, if I had to pick, I'd take Shakhov as he'll deliver more in the league.  For a one game final ?  Probably Canas.  They players I'm most unimpressed with are Misic and Wernbloom.  Make or break this season as far as I'm concerned.  Oliveira unfortunately looks very unlikely to happen.  Even at say 8 million, given his class and age, he would've been a great signing.

Oliveira didn't show anything to justify the price tag.  I think Players like Sakhov and Canas should be deep bench players if we want to improve our quality.  Misic and Wernbloom we barely even saw anything from them due to injury and the fact that Oliveira came in so there were so many options.  I wouldn't be going into any European games with great confidence with our current squad.  We need improvements and fast.  Varella earned his name BEAST in the LEague, but in European games against quality competition he was anything but.   I think Ingasson will surprise us this year as well.  Koulouris proved he can be a killer in the league/cup matches but lets not forget that he is a Prijo style player where the entire team has to work for him to get goals....unlike Akpom and even Swidersi, to a degree, who has a much better dribble/control/awareness on the pitch.  We need a RB of European caliber, Matos is just not it anymore.  He was a great player and can still contribute a lot in the League, but he's not cut out for CL of EL matches anymore.  Jaba shows signs of greatness early on in the season but quickly fizzled out in the 2nd half.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:23 PM, Blackhawk said:

The Rey loan also includes a 1 year extension to his contract until 2021.

And apparently a purchase clause of 500k

Concerning Rey, I think we have seen the last of him.  The 500K buyout clause is laughable if you consider that we paid 1.3 mil for him. Sadly, he never got a chance to play last season driving his price even lower. Hopefully he has a good season at Pachuca and the Mexicans pay the 500K.

The Silva rumors are probably nothing more than negotiation tactics by both sides. Lets not forget he has the same agent as Jaba and he has been shopping Jaba around. That probably has indirect implications on the Silva negotiations.

Yes it's an absurd buy out, though the extension makes little sense if we just want to get rid of him... Half a million is essentially free anyway, so I don't see the point of prolonging this.

Two terrible sources claim our magical winger will be none other than Gary Rodrigues. There's no way that will happen.

Wow the Greek sports media must be desperate for any news, so instead they create fake news.

One tumor I heard is that we got some guy from Apollon Larisa and we immediately loaned him to Xanthi (the team that is supposedly owned by Savvidis according to the clown  Georgiou) . The reporter even claimed that the player is already in Xanthi as he writes it. My bet is that he is on some beach in Halkidiki. Lucas Poletto is the players name.

Not a particularly sterling resume from him, but if we DID do that...so what? Are we being accused of doing what Olympiakos has done these past few decades?

Ismael Silva, who was "put on hold" due to our looking for a slightly older and qualitatively better player, apparently is back on. At least if Savvidis' emoji use can be counted on.

This tells me that it is likely Shakhov is finally gone, as we need to clear up non-EU space in order to move for players like Silva.

That appears to be the case. Apparently our bluff worked and Silva's team dropped their asking price. If that really is the case I expect Canas to renew with us.

In other rumors, Koulouris has apparently asked not to join the team for pre-season training and will probably be sold and/or loaned.

Also in ex-PAOK players news, Olympiakos is talking to Siabanis to join them. Coinsidering who his agent is this not a surprised.

Let them have him. We are overfull anyway. I am not a fan of riding players forever just to hold them; he should have been loaned a long time ago and then judged on whether or not we'd actually ever play him. Does a disservice to both the team and the player.

Koulouris has interest from all over and we'd be foolish not to sell him for the 5mm. If we're looking to loan him, then I think we should push for a higher buyout clause in the contract.

-edit- Just saw that Savvidis said two more midfielders in addition to Silva are coming. Means bye-bye to Canas as well, realistically.

Edited by pash