Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

Emanuel Cecchini is another rumored player. Seemed to have flopped at Malaga, he's been loaned back and forth for the past two years. Seems to be squirrely judging by the highlights. Very young player, not sure how he's the guy that'll get us in the Champions League...

https://www.transfermarkt.com/emanuel-cecchini/profil/spieler/324946

Patralis given for free + resale to Apollon Smyrni. I'd love to see some stats on how many players we had before and after this summer. Transfermarkt doesn't seem to track all of our on-loan youngsters very well

Don't see a 23 old really being able to help for this champions league. This is a long term play.

We would probably have to buy someone else and older for the midfield.

Edited by Nilaul

I agree, but we have Augusto and then a gaggle of 20-year-olds that will be back from loan next season. Stacking up this many midfielders when Ferreira allegedly wants a "small" squad makes little sense to me.

The Albanians are saying Fiorentina is looking at Kace again, by the way - this would not be the first time this was said; I wish they'd just go and buy him already. PAOK will let him go for cheap, I'm sure. What's interesting to me, is that Ferreira has played him so often - I wonder if he actually wants to keep him? It would be a real kick in the pants for Kace to suddenly get good again.

Another inPAOK rumor: https://www.transfermarkt.com/osama-rashid/profil/spieler/95429 <-- good age, no idea about the player tho

10 hours ago, pash said:

I agree, but we have Augusto and then a gaggle of 20-year-olds that will be back from loan next season. Stacking up this many midfielders when Ferreira allegedly wants a "small" squad makes little sense to me.

The Albanians are saying Fiorentina is looking at Kace again, by the way - this would not be the first time this was said; I wish they'd just go and buy him already. PAOK will let him go for cheap, I'm sure. What's interesting to me, is that Ferreira has played him so often - I wonder if he actually wants to keep him? It would be a real kick in the pants for Kace to suddenly get good again.

Another inPAOK rumor: https://www.transfermarkt.com/osama-rashid/profil/spieler/95429 <-- good age, no idea about the player tho

Hey if you buy 100 young midfielders one of them is going to turn out to be a messi... right? ?

I do hope they get one or two  experienced midfielders, our midfield is where are team chokes especially in the 2nd half.

Osama, https://www.transfermarkt.com/osama-rashid/leistungsdaten/spieler/95429/plus/1?saison=2018
7 goals and 7 assists in the whole season, captain.

Wouldn't be a bad buy. Seems like he can keep the ball in the midfield, and organise the play. Hes got a through ball too.

Edited by Nilaul

Marseille wants Lamprou. Fake news or?

We apparently want Fransergio Rodrigues Barbosa a midfielder from ......... Braga. 

Berg will be out of this topic since he signed for Krasnodar. Glad that this continuing saga is over.

About time the Berg thing is ended. What a pointless signing that would be.

How could we possibly get Fransergio (which is an awesome name)? He's signed through 2022 and we agreed not to buy their players. Do we really need to be going back on our word like this?

Also...enough with the Brazilians for God's sake...

2 hours ago, pash said:

About time the Berg thing is ended. What a pointless signing that would be.

How could we possibly get Fransergio (which is an awesome name)? He's signed through 2022 and we agreed not to buy their players. Do we really need to be going back on our word like this?

Also...enough with the Brazilians for God's sake...

Maybe if the player himself wants to leave? And hes being a total dick to everyone around in Braga? Dunno...

The football world is weird. And most articles are just click bait anyway; more clicks, more revenue, which means more bullshit.

Edited by Nilaul
  • Like it 1

Very true. Thing is, Braga is exactly the kind of team that over the long term, we can do good business with. They're decent, and will occasionally have a few diamonds in the rough for us to take a look at. It is poor business to needlessly antagonize them further; people have long memories.

Unless perhaps we're trying to build a rivalry so that we can get more people interested in our club internationally ?

Well, Krasnodar reached last 16 in last years Europa League and ended third in the Russian Premier League, who is #7 in Europe. Therefore they play in Q3 of CL. Maybe if Gayros draw them we can jump to conclusions.

Remember when Tudor told the press that we couldn't beat Krasnodar because transfermarkt showed how much bigger of a team they were than us? Ahhh those were the days.

-edit- Not that I don't think they're a good team! I just love the defeatist attitude.

Edited by pash
  • Haha 1

On 7/16/2019 at 3:38 PM, pash said:

Very true. Thing is, Braga is exactly the kind of team that over the long term, we can do good business with. They're decent, and will occasionally have a few diamonds in the rough for us to take a look at. It is poor business to needlessly antagonize them further; people have long memories.

Unless perhaps we're trying to build a rivalry so that we can get more people interested in our club internationally ?

I don't think you'd be able to do that, they don't neither sell their best players easly or cheap, you'd need big money to do that, they sold us Rafa for 16m+ another player.

Fransergio would be a great signing for you, he's capable of playing both DM and CM, he knows what to do with a ball, has good takle and he is the kind of player who is everywhere, he can even scores fews goals. 

I have an uncle who keeps wanting to give me "PAOK news" when I see him. Apparently this guy knows everything that's ever been said behind closed doors. He thinks he's blowing my mind when I'm actually thinking, "where the hell are you getting this from?" Exact kind of stuff I posted above, every time, without fail.

On 7/17/2019 at 6:28 AM, Dutch Eagle said:

Well, Krasnodar reached last 16 in last years Europa League and ended third in the Russian Premier League, who is #7 in Europe. Therefore they play in Q3 of CL. Maybe if Gayros draw them we can jump to conclusions.

I must have read wrong... well that’s not bad at all

• Thanks 1

Krasnodar gave the PAOK team of Tudor a football lesson.  It was like a training session for them ... just easy.  I'm sure it would be more of a contest today.

As for Berg, I'm glad he hasn't gone to another team in Greece.  You were PAO all your life, leave Greece with your head held high.  Can you imagine if he signed for Oly ?  F--k me.

We are being linked with Fabio Coentrao, the Portuguese left back formerly of Real Madrid. He is 31 now and a free agent, He obviously used to be a good player, not sure how he goes these days. He played 21 times for Rio Ave last season in Portugal so you have to figure that Ferreira has a good idea of what shape he's in.