Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

Looks like we got fed up with Silva and his numerous agents demanding cuts from the deal. 

Latest rumor is that we closed the Douglas Augusto Soares Gomes deal and expect the player in Thessaloniki to sign. Also the earlier rumors/fake news had us paying 5 mil for him. Now the figures are around 2.5 mil, which once a gain proves that the Greek sports journalists have no clue what they are talking about.

The 5mm made no sense. Most recent buzz is that we're looking for "one more" midfielder, this time with a European passport. Basically, we still need an Oliveira-level player to not look like fools in the CL.

I wonder if there's any software available that lets you map out the connections between various social media accounts. Saw someone early this morning post "hey, maybe Stoch will come back!" Every time I check back now, more and more accounts are saying we're linked with Stoch.

BTW I like Stoch!

-edit- these guys are saying a Slovak site is making the claim: https://inpaok.com/574399/konta-se-paok-o-stoch/

Edited by pash

Henrique is probably history if Stoch comes. Apparently Henrique's agent is due in Thessaloniki to talk about contract extension, which would mean yet another loan. I like Stoch too and offensively he will help, but our left side will suffer defensively if we are going to play with Gianoulis and Stoch on that side. Rumors are we are buying Stoch for 1.5 mil from Slavia and are signing him to a 3-year contract at 1 mil per season.

Also news that Augusto had a very serious disease couple years ago. Hopefully the PAOK doctors know what they are doing.

Looks like his coach has also confirmed that there was an offer made. This is REALLY for real. Great move.

-edit- Sliti has also confirmed contact, hahaha

https://www.transfermarkt.com/naim-sliti/profil/spieler/184491 <-- here's his profile, if we get him then Henrique is surely on his way out. Way too many wingers.

Edited by pash

He had reactive arthritis: https://www.rheumatology.org/I-Am-A/Patient-Caregiver/Diseases-Conditions/Reactive-Arthritis <-- it sounds like it is treatable (which is what happened for him a few years ago). This link kind of implies that if he doesn't swell up often, then it isn't chronic. It might be a problem later in life for him. I think Italos might be the one to ask ?

Savvidis also just posted "an old friend is better than two new ones" - sounds like Stoch is def coming. Boston, did you like the guy?

Stoch?  I thought he was good.  He has speed, ball control and launches rockets....his temper was a  bit of an issue and the late nights out seemed to be a problem as well.  I think it's a good signing. 

I think Stoch, Akpom, Lambrou and Pelkas are gonna be a lot to handle for most team.  All very fast, with good control....Stoch DOES tend to be a little selfish with the ball though.  We'll see.

Edited by BostonThanatos

Just curious ?

One of the sites said because he's been married for three years and has a kid, he is now a big boy professional. That remains to be seen. I do know that Lucescu is not gonna take s%&#036;#&#33; from him, so hopefully he can be used effectively.

That is a SCARY front four now that you mention it...

It is....and even from the few appearances we've seen of Swiderski, he also has good speed.  I know there used to be jokes about Biseswar being overweight but he's no slouch either...and for what he lacks in speed he more than makes up in IQ and vision.  Our midfielders are still up in the air.  Our midfield is the only real question mark right now.  I think our back line is solid as a rock.  

Yeah, for me the only real difference between Akpom and Swiderski is that Akpom is more muscular/direct while Swiderski is a bit squirrelly (not in a bad way).

In other news, our new CM is on his way:

65484822_461923194592489_558061434529906

Edited by pash

21 hours ago, Athens4 said:

If that is the case then Markiz and all the other bars in Valaouritou are opening champagne bottles tonight.

Nobody is saying that Stoch is a saint, but from what I heard he got the "bad reputation" from one incident at Markiz, when somebody saw him throwing up in the bathroom and then that person was spreading what he saw on the various radio shows (Raptopoulos, etc.), and in the process failing to also disclose that it was Stoch's birthday when the incident took place and that it was at a time when he did not have team obligations. It would be different if he was at bars everyday late night boozing it up, which I doubt was the case.

Also as far as Stoch is concerned, I was reading few Czech sites today, and once again found out why Greek media can't be trusted. Every Greek site was saying that we are just going to pay the 1.5 mil buyout option to Slavia.

Reading the Czech media I found out that Stoch does not have a buy out clause in his contract and the transfer happening mostly depends on the wishes of the player and if he wants to move on. The same source (GM of Slavia) also said that the two teams are talking about the transfer and that price is closer to 1 mil, which is almost the same as Slavia paid Fenerbahce for the player.

Even cheaper, in other words. So the real reason we'll get the player, is if Stoch really wants to move (which judging by Savvidis' posts, indicates was agreed?).

Is it just me, or do the Brazilians have an overabundance of agents?