Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

Watch Atromitos turn him into a world beater. At least we'll have potential for some cash if that happens. Did they pay anything for him in addition to the resale?

It feels like this Silva saga has gone on forever. I believe the sticking point was between him and PAOK over the personal terms of his contract ($$) as apparently we had agreed to a fee with Akhmat Grozny for a while.

Also perhaps, unsurprisingly Olivieria is staying put at Porto and won't be part of our squad for the next season. Maybe that was also holding up the Silva deal, they were waiting for official word on Olivieria

Edited by paokarag4

There has actually been a lot of buzz these past two days about Branco not giving up on Oliveira because now our agreement has expired and we don't have the 12mm hanging over the negotiation. For him to work out, though, one thing needs to happen: Porto needs to buy multiple midfielders who are at least as good as him. I don't think Porto is more likely to budge now that the deal is past.

For Silva, the personal terms issue makes sense. The sites kept saying he was put on the back burner due to our "having much better players to choose from" who we will "be announcing shortly." That was like three weeks ago. Considering we need to replace both Shakhov and Canas, that should not have stopped us from signing Silva to at least be backup.

19 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Khacheridi came out and said that he is 99% free from PAOK. 

Besides Toulouse apparently Fenerbahce and Celtic are interested in Koulouris.

I'll admit i only get to see other Greek teams when they play PAOK or they are in Europe so can anyone explain why we would sell Koulouris? He has had a great season and broken into the national set up as a regular starter. Is he just deemed not good enough by management or just too far down in the pecking order?

I would like him to get a chance this season coming as he is clearly capable and will have something to prove at PAOK which will hopefully make him dangerous.

I think there are a few things:

• Playing well at Atromitos - who desperately needed a good striker and were guaranteed to give him a lot of chances - does not necessarily translate into playing well at PAOK
  • We have two good strikers already, who both play in a manner that is more suited to Lucescu's style
  • We had a chance to sell Klaus a few years back and decided to keep him, out of...I guess nostalgia? That was a huge mistake
  • We have only so much money to play with (even with Savvidis injecting funds into the club), and so a 5-7mm sale would go a long way towards rebuilding our midfield
  • Like it 1

Also add to the list the fact that Koulouris and his agent explicitly stated that their eventual goal is to leave PAOK for a foreign team.

Now is a good time to sell him and we should take advantage of it. 

Lots of buzz this morning about Lewis Holtby: https://www.transfermarkt.com/lewis-holtby/profil/spieler/55508

One instagram page says that this is old news (we made contact like a month ago and it's only now hitting the sites), and that he's not coming here. I'm inclined to believe that as well, but since "real" websites are also starting to post about him, I thought I'd add it: https://inpaok.com/572803/aftos-ine-o-cholntbi-videos/

Standard Liege pretending to pull back from their interest for El Kaddouri because they don't want to spend the extra 200k. This deal will close sooner or later.

InPAOK saying Toulouse is going to buy Koulouris after all. For 3.5mm. That's a disappointingly low price, if true.

-edit- reading elsewhere that the sale for Koulouris includes a resale rate. That makes me feel a lot better.

-edit again- El Kaddouri deal is reportedly done, he'll be signing a three-year contract for 900k/year. PAOK will get a million in compensation. Great to be done with this mess.

Edited by pash

3.5 mil + 15% resale for Koulouris  (Toulouse)
1 mil for El Kaddouri   (Standard Liege)

Both are apparently done deal. Very good deals, specially for Koulouris. 

Now if we can only find someone who will buy Warda.

I would not get Holtby. He couldn't make in in the Premier League and has been playing 2nd division Germany since.

Happy with the two sales and also with Canas' departure. As Ziaka said, now we just need to sell Warda. Hopefully he will have a good Cup of Nations.

• Like it 1

No it would not and that's why I expect 2 to 4 signings in the next 7 days. Additionally also announcement about players we already signed (Meliopoulos, Zivkovic, the Volos goalie). 

The "BAM is coming" is nothing but a creation by various media outlets that have nothing to write about. 

They certainly are. A good example: I saw several pages post today about Nemanja Gudelj. INSISTING that he was on his way to Thessaloniki. A quick twitter search shows that Fenerbahce was the only team with buzz regarding his name. An hour later, those posts were mysteriously missing on those same pages. Lulz