Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

SDNA says our approach for Mikael Ishak (FC Nuremberg) was rejected by the player - considering that we DO NOT NEED ANOTHER STRIKER and his own record is pretty poor, I say that's good (if true).

InPAOK says we're interested in Adrien Trebel from Anderlecht: https://www.transfermarkt.com/adrien-trebel/profil/spieler/159622 . He'd fit the bill as far as experience/position go. I think he'll be hard to lure over to us.

On 6/10/2019 at 5:00 PM, pash said:

On a similar note/theme, not all of our players from the youth squads are being kept: https://inpaok.com/570834/efcharisto-se-paok-ke-gkarsia/

-edit- looks like he's actually moving to Slovan Bratislava. Good luck to him!

No full details yet, but we get 30% if he is sold to another club. 

Lazaros Lamprou renewed and is now till 2023 one of our players. Hope he will not be loaned again. Like his play. Not only at Fortuna Sittard but also his preseason when I saw him live in action against Antwerp.

He looked very good in preseason last year, from what I recall it was a near thing. If we make it to the group stage, we should have enough games this season where we get a look at everyone, at least...

I think he (jaba) will shine this season and if he falters, I see Limnios ready to pounce. Healthy competition on the right side! 

Just something special on the left is needed, it would be nice if Henrique was sold, and ElKhadouri for that matter, I do feel we could do with a better left winger for first option. 

That's assuming Giannoulis is a hit! I for some reason don't feel like he's spot is cemented.

I mean,I know Giorgio has come out and said he is the starting left back until Veirinhia is back, but he's performances for me where not that pleasing. I hope a preseason with the team can help him gel!.

But after vieirinhia's performance this season at left back it's hard to move him, so I do feel a starting left midfield winger is a must sign on for us. 

I think Giannouli's showed great potential, and knowing he's most likely to start,  he can get heavy reps in pre season.  Also, let's not forget Ingason....he's a solid player I think and again, with a full preseason workout he can easily slide into a starting postion and move Crespo over to LB which has been done numerous times.  If we have 3 solid midfielders, it may take some of the pressure off the LB position from being too involved offensively.  Also, I thing I read that our new signing Soares has played LB in addition to his traditional RB position.  These are all things that will be worked out in training.

You've gotta remember though, our home grown players are all garbage and can't get better.

We bought this guy from Volos: https://www.transfermarkt.gr/nikolaos-bourganis/profil/spieler/590129 (actually, transfermarkt says his contract is up this month so he'd be a free agent). Probably will be loaned out...even if Melissas goes back to Lamia (like they want), I don't know why we'd have this guy as our third option when we have Papadopoulos around.

pash I think the reason is because we are making NFC Volos one of our satellite teams. Maybe even switching from Atromitos to Volos. Another sign this is happening is with the loans of Tsaousis and Diamantis from the U19 team to NFC Volos. I am 100% sure the new keeper will be loaned.

1 hour ago, Dutch Eagle said:

We turned down an offer of 3 mill for Koulouris from French side Toulouse.

Apparently we are asking for 6 mil. His buyout option is 7 mil, but I am sure if someone pays 4.5 - 5 mil he will be sold.The player and his agent expressed their wish to move out from PAOK.

PAOK TV just released the highlight reel for Lambrou.... The kid is GOOD.  He plays LW, but can also play on the right.  He has speed, dribble, a great header and good crosses.  I think him and Jaba with Akpom up front and Biseswar or Pelkas in the 10 position are gonna terrorize defenses next season.  If we DO get 2 top shelf midfielders I think we'll be in really good shape.

Hopefully Mauricio is in good form next season, and it seems Wernbloom is on the fast track back, but with his age and type of injury, I wouldn't count on his finishing a season without significant time lost to re-injuries.  We need 2 BAM quality signings at midfield.

Edited by BostonThanatos
  • Like it 1

The New Football Club (NFC) Volos team is a Achilleas Beos (convicted felon for match fixing and current Volos Mayor) concoction. What he did is get some village team (Pydna Kitrous) and moved them to Volos and renaming thedm NFC Volos. Somehow this team managed to qualify to Superleague1. They have no fans at all, and it looks like the only thing Beos wants is to sell the rights  (tax ID number)  to any interesting parties. That's why the Iraklis people tried to buy it from him, but apparently the price was too high. Apollon Smyrnis is also interested in getting their hands on that tax ID number. Eventually that's what is going to happen to this team.

BTW, both Olympiakos Volos and Niki Volos still exist and play in lower divisions.

Okay that's kind of weird. Why do Apollon Smyrnis want/need that tax ID number? This all seems a very convoluted and expensive way to make money; unless he spent zero euros on players, it would take years and many many games before you make your way up to the top level....unless that part is just icing on the cake.