Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

New offer reportedly made to Shakhov, bringing his earnings up to about 800k/year. I doubt that Maccabi or BATE will ultimately be able to outbid us, but I did hear before that he wanted something closer to a million per yer. Since he's a free agent, someone may still be able to put a more lucrative offer out there. Reportedly they are giving him until the end of the week to decide, though we all know that stands for little.

Hopefully the bids come in hot and fast!

Another guy's name popping up. Looks like he's soon to be a free agent. https://www.transfermarkt.com/douglas/profil/spieler/58426

Keep in mind that with the rumors of Savvidis really opening up the pocketbook, every agent in the EU is going to be pushing for a big money move for his guy. The vast majority of them will obviously be bullshit. What's funny is that some of these dudes are being reported even after Savvidis says they're not looking at them.

If Shakhov is leaving, Canas is leaving, Mauricio most likely won't be ready in a couple months, Pontus unknown if he will be 100% ready for the August games, Oliveira probably not staying. So, most likely the two starters in our midfield will be new transfers! I am not implying it's necessarily a bad thing, but a big questionmark!

The deal with Varela fell through. Seems he's following Al-Ahli on the old instagram these days. Or, as Savvidis notes:

60707502_2792570927435969_83139399248395

Porto rejected the 5mm offer we had made for Oliveira, I'm sure the team will try one more time but as Yiannaki says, he's probably not coming back.

• Like it 1

Remember Kakko? His contract is up and he seems to have posted a farewell to the team on social media. So there's at least one perennial loanee that won't be dragged around. He last played for AE Karaiskakis

Concernign Varela. Thank you for your services for the two of the 3 years, where he was a top notch defender in  the Superleague. True professional who gave his  best even though he already decided to leave the team. Good luck to him at Al Ahli.

I still think there was a lot of behind the scenes moves by his agent. Last week he tried to peddle Stanciou to PAOK (see rumors from last week) and probably tried to make it part of the Varela deal. PAOK did not bite and as a result he took Varela to Al Ahli.  Incidently Stanciou also just renewed with Al Ahli today.

• Like it 1

Apparently Panathinaikos wants Warda whose contract expires in 2020. I think it might be more beneficial to PAOK to just sell him this transfer period. Otherwise we need to extend his contract.

Absolutely. Panthinaikos wants our cast-offs, as long as they don't have to pay anything. If we find someone who is willing to take him off our hands - say, with a delicious resale rate - then that is vastly preferable. There's literally no win for us to give him to PAO

A few places said that the Shakhov news was premature and that they're still discussing things, but I don't buy that. Add to that the fact that Pelkas made a farewell post on instagram today (for Shakhov and Varela) and that's all the confirmation I need.

In light of Shakhov leaving, there have been some suggestion that we're looking to instead renew Canas. The player himself has reportedly said that it's up to PAOK, though to be honest that's always been the case. He will probably also want a pay increase, and at the end of the day, the team needs to figure out where to put that cash - more money towards a player who will be fourth choice (but firmly ensconced in the system), or someone with more upside/who will compete for a starting role? I think I know where Branco will want to go with that.

Regarding El Kaddouri, I read that we're willing to let him go for either 1mm now, or a loan followed by a mandatory purchase next year.

One week until the window opens! Wheee!

Charisis, Deligiannidis and Moulen are not wanted by the teams they were loaned to and as a result are returning to PAOK.  Most likely they will be loaned again or  be released by PAOK. The Turkish team likes Kitsiou and might make an offer to buy him.

Some Athenian reports (ie. rumors) claim that a big offer for Pelkas will be coming very soon.

Kace will not continue at PAO, but his agent claims he will go somewhere else and most likely outside of Greece.

Varela's agent today said that they have been negotiating with PAOK for the past 6 months and that they have several offers including from Europe, but that he would advise Varela to take one of the offers from Saudi Arabia. 

They mentioned teams from Germany, Holland and Turkey are interested. That's why I think it's a bs article. More likely a planted story by his agent who is shopping Pelkas around.

I think if Lucescu's father becomes the Besiktas manager that I expect them to make an offer for the player.

Just think of it as the bullshit flowing through an extra filter before it reaches you!

Henrique has confirmed he's in talks for an extension, but adds that other teams are interested. He's hedging against us doing what we've done several times now (jerking him around).