Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

43 minutes ago, Bananas said:

Zivkovic just copped 7 goals against Aris.  Have we signed him yet ?  If yes, is there like a 30 day return policy ... sort of thing ?  You know, like a cooling period.

He stopped a penalty from Siopis but the rebound was a goal. Xanthi was very weak. Had no incentive as they were safe.  Party for Aris and Siopis who had a second opportunity to score for the first time and he eventualy did in his second attempt.

Word has it that Shakhov received an offer for 900k/year from a Saudi team. That's more than double what he makes now, right? If so, I doubt he'll be with us next season. Personally, I'd be more than fine having Charisis as 3rd/4th option.

Wernbloom + "big signing" (hopefully Oliveira) to start the season

Misic + Mauricio (when he gets back - should be training by late September, return in October?)

Charisis for added depth

Shakhov is on around 600K.  If the club has plans to sign someone better, then we should let him go.  If we would only replace him with someone of similar quality, I don't see the sense in letting him go.  Same goes for Canas.  Naturally, this all depends on if the player(s) want to stay and if wages can be paid that satisfy both parties.  It could be Shakhov wants more game time, which can't be promised.  He has proven himself more than capable and I would be loathe to let him go.

Charisis, Kace are not good enough for this PAOK team anymore.  Lubos changed the quality and calibre of player brought into the squad.  To be fair maybe he's become a better player for playing in Belgium.  We will see at pre-season but I would be very surprised if he makes the cut.  As for Moulin, I've never seen him play.  Why did we even sign him ?  He wasn't even a free transfer and we paid over a million for him.

Anyway, according to a reporter, we're signing 8 players shortly.  Go to 1 hour, 42 minutes in the video.  This "reporter" must have good sources.

Edited by Bananas

He is not a reporter. He is somebody that runs sports radio stations. He was the brains behind Radio Metropolis before he got fired. After several other failed radio projects he now runs the Sfina.g web site that includes a web radio. Usually what he does is float several speculations and when one actually comes out true then he brags how he had the inside scoop.

This is a kind of funny one. Rando instagram account saying our "NEXT JABA!" is this guy, who was on loan over at OFI: https://www.transfermarkt.com/felipe-souza-ferreyra/profil/spieler/651417

Can't say I recall him playing. There are a few videos of him on youtube. I would be absolutely shocked if we picked him up, unless it was just to loan him out somewhere.

Sell him right away if this is true (which I doubt). He has not been the same player since he went to Portugal during a break, where supposedly he was shopped to Porto by his agent. Also Jaba is the only player that did not attend the player's dinner thrown by Savvidis following the Greek Cup. He left immediately for Brazil.

• Like it 1

Stafylidis never wanted to come back to PAOK. I can hardly blame him, but when he becomes 31 and knocks on the door I would hope whoever is running the team to show him the door.

I like the fact the we might extend Henrique's contract until 2021. He has CL experience and will be a good option on the bench.

4 hours ago, pash said:

Stafylidis has signed with Hoffenheim through 2023. Good on him. Though no EL for him ?

That's a spoiler, Pash. Usually we had the daily rumours of him coming or not till mid August. How do we fill this topic now?

• Like it 1

I'm spewing about Stafylidis.  He would've been the perfect signing.  Given some tweets from Savvidis Jr. earlier in the season, I felt like this was a formality.  I always felt we had no chance in previous seasons because we were never even close in the running to win the title, and CL football was never going to happen.  But given the season we've had, and the fact he had hardly played this season, I really thought we were going to sign him.  Adding another Greek to the squad and a PAOK boy made it all the more agreeable.  Oh well, it is what it is.  Maybe we just sign another Brazilian.

The rumor for Henrique is that the extension would be for one additional year, through 2021. Seems signs are good that this will be done. Presumably Branco will only do this if Lucescu wants to keep him, otherwise... Why bother?

Lucescu wants Malezas for another year as well, "for his personality in the locker room"

Gilberto, who was rumored as the Matos successor/backup, confirmed that we had contacted his agent but he wants to stay in Brazil

More places are saying that we will still try to keep Oliveira, but, as they say, this is a difficult situation.

Pelkas confirmed he is staying next year, not that there were any credible rumors to the contrary...

I still haven't heard any good rumors about wingers. Apart from that Liverpool kid a month so who we can't possibly afford.

This guy was also rumored as a buy at DM, but I don't see the point when we still haven't announced Meliopoulos: https://www.transfermarkt.com/eduardo-henrique/profil/spieler/216118

And for fun, one Instagram account claimed that our summer window will be "the biggest transfers ever" in Greece, but I very much doubt that.

I'm actually ok with signing Malezas again for one more season.  Locker room cohesion is such a big factor in creating a winning mentality.

Henrique I'm ok with.  I think he provides ... enough.

Regarding all the rest of our players whose contracts are expiring (Canas, Shakhov) it all comes down to what the club wants to achieve.  If they want a team that can go into the CL and not be bashed around, we need 3 to 4 "Oliveira" quality signings.  If instead the club wants a team that can win the title, the squad we have is mostly sufficient to do that, more or less.

I'm sure if we can sign these "Oliveira" quality signings at a reasonable cost, we will.  But as always, attracting players to Greece is not easy.

11 hours ago, Bananas said:

But as always, attracting players to Greece is not easy.

Maybe someone should tell Ivan Savvidis it is time to launder more money. :money-114847:

58 minutes ago, Pepito said:

Maybe someone should tell Ivan Savvidis it is time to launder more money. :money-114847:

A round table perhaps, with Melissanidis, Marinakis and Alafouzos also.  They can all brain storm and impress us with their ideas while we salute them from sheer admiration.

• Like it 1