Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

Varela has a preliminary agreement with Savvidis for 1.1 mil and generous bonuses. The sticking point from what I understand is his agent who demands a signing bonus. Apparently he thinks he can persuade the Chinese to give him his big cut. 

Derby County was scouting Chatziisaias on the 14th, might make a move for him this summer. If we don't intend to keep him on the squad, then we should accept pretty much any offer we get, if only to extract some value out of the player. There's no reason to keep a 26 year old on ice; if he didn't improve enough this summer then it's doubtful he'll do better by us with another loan followed by free agency (his contract is up next summer).

• Like it 1

19 hours ago, pash said:

Derby County was scouting Chatziisaias on the 14th, might make a move for him this summer. If we don't intend to keep him on the squad, then we should accept pretty much any offer we get, if only to extract some value out of the player. There's no reason to keep a 26 year old on ice; if he didn't improve enough this summer then it's doubtful he'll do better by us with another loan followed by free agency (his contract is up next summer).

A different site (inPAOK this time) says they might offer some cash + a resale rate.

Regarding Zivkovic, has he been signed ?  I can't see why the club would keep it a secret.  It seems to be an odd transfer on the surface *unless* the departure of Rey is expected

I'm actually happy with the GK roster as is.  Paschalakis, Rey, Glykos.  If Rey and Glykos depart, I can see it now ... Paschalakis will get injured or a big money transfer will come in and we'll have Zivkovic and nothing else and then the club will be like "we need to sign a GK!!".  If Rey wants to stay and fight for his position I am happy for him to stay.  If Glykos wants to stay as 3rd backup (presumably at a lower salary) I am happy for him to stay.  Having said that, if they want to leave to play first team football, that's fair enough.

It's quite obvious that Rey is not liked by Lucescu and PAOK is not going to keep a player paying him 500K to sit on the bench. I see him being sold and/or loaned. With  Zivkovic coming in and Rey leaving we save 200K. We save another 500K by finally getting rid of Glykos whose contract expires.

The goalie roster for next season will be:

Paschalakis (450K), Zivkovic (300K), Melisas (100K)

I totally agree that we should stop loaning out Melissas too - he seems to have had a decent season, and should move up to 2nd position the next year after (I think we're destined to sell our current #1 in a year or so).

12 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

It's quite obvious that Rey is not liked by Lucescu and PAOK is not going to keep a player paying him 500K to sit on the bench. I see him being sold and/or loaned. With  Zivkovic coming in and Rey leaving we save 200K. We save another 500K by finally getting rid of Glykos whose contract expires.

The goalie roster for next season will be:

Paschalakis (450K), Zivkovic (300K), Melisas (100K)

That's a bit harsh man about Glykos.  Harsh, I tells ya!  Wasn't he MVP last season ?  The injury killed him.  If it wasn't for that it's highly likely he would've been our first choice GK.  If he was willing to stay on a much lower wage (I know it's highly unlikely) I'd be happy for him to stay.

InPAOK is reporting that the Italians are reporting we're interested in Gilberto, a right-back who Fiorentina owns (but has loaned out pretty much every year). Good age, but supposedly they want 2-3mm for him. As a reminder, the rumors before were that we wanted someone who could actually compete with Matos in terms of experience/skill (which is why Lyratzis will almost certainly be loaned out). Whoever they get, will have at least this next season to get in the swing of things and then hopefully take over when Matos gracefully retires (or leaves).

https://www.transfermarkt.com/gilberto/profil/spieler/231614

OMG if that line isn't one of the the most over used in Greek football transfer rumours I don't know what is.. "βαρυ βιογραφικο" Hopefully it's true and in the Savvidis era it very well could be, but all these fan run sites and insta accounts are just copying each other. They all have the goss but can't reveal the name, it's top notch journalism 

Yeah for sure. This just scratches my itch for gossip, really. You should see the responses these accounts give to people who are commenting. Guys think they're the hottest s%$#!, when they know absolutely nothing.

The Portuguese press are linking Sporting Lisbon with a move for Lamprou. I for one am excited to see what he has to offer when he returns, he's had a very good season in Holland.  I think he only has one year left on his contract after this season so hopefully he is willing to resign and becomes a key part of our squad. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/h-sportingk-afhse-ton-ponse-kai-ekane-prwtoselido-ton-lamproy.5503846.html 

I guess it won't matter since he won't get game time anyway. But yeah I don't see what the fuss is about this guy.

As for Lamprou, I think he'll re-sign with us. But this is a GREAT chance for Sporting to sneak in and get him for cheap; all they have to do is convince his agent to whisper a few nice words in his ear. If they wait, we'll have a big fat buyout clause ready.

Hopefully we'll see movement on Koulouris soon. I think his clause was at 7mm? I'd take 5, to be honest.