Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

I'm just listing out a hypothetical. Regardless of how new his extension is, if a big dog comes sniffing this summer (or next winter), the option would be on the table - as unlikely as it is. However, doesn't what you write about Pelkas only further reinforce my point?

Are there any hot young #10 prospects in Greece soccer these days? I say just bring Deligiannidis back damn it.

Biseswar is happy in Greece. His kids dito. No worry.

Buyout is good for us most of the times. The wages are low if you compare it with other leagues. The fee depends on the wages and years till end of contract. Prijo would have cost 4 or 5 mil including months of negotiation.

Varela's contract negotiations have stalled per his agent. PAOK apparently isn't willing to meet his requirement for duration.

Koulouris scouted by Aberdeen (who cannot possibly afford him) and Lampard's Derby County (who probably can).

And your random instagram account roundup (these are probably the least reliable but still fun to read):

• Ben Woodburn, a 19 year old winger from Liverpool <-- hahaha
  • Stafylidis <-- because of course
  • Ponce <-- good player, but pointless signing, even if we sell Koulouris
  • Samaris <-- he'd never play for us

Hmm not good news about Varela.  I thought it was sorted but apparently not.  You gotta wonder about these agents.  Oh well if he really thinks he can get a better deal elsewhere more power to him.  Maybe the gavs will sign him.

Ingason seems very good so I'm not terribly worried, but this would mean we need to splurge even more for the necessary depth. Kacheridi (and presumably Malezas) will be gone next year. I want to see more of Mihojevic, but he would still be our fourth option. We really need three people competing for two places...

From what I hear about the Varela negotiations it's not the player that is the problem. It is the agent that wants an enormous signing bonus. Vafrela basically agreed to a 1.1 mil + bonuses, but PAOK will not sign the new contract if the agent does not drop his demands.

Hahaha it looks like Fulham immediately dropped him too. I just took a lot at his stats this season and he's apparently only played three times...two of which were in that U23 youth league. Which seems strange considering he's 25. Yeesh.

Some rumors that Savvidis has gotten very excited over the past week and is planning on spending serious cash. One of the instagram accounts is claiming it'll be a move to make Oliveira permanent (which would be just fine by me!)

From now until August 31 we will hear all kinds of rumors. This just the beginning.

The other I heard recently is that we will definitively go for Ezequiel Ponse who is on loan at AEK from Roma.

I LOVE the rumors to be honest. Gives me something to pay attention to during the offseason.

I should respond to that last one tomorrow and ask what happened to the announcement haha

Regarding Oliveira, his buyout is 12 million.   But I’m reading we could also buy him for 6 million where Porto gets 50% of his rights.  Does this mean that if push came to shove and we put down the 6 million, Porto couldn’t stop the transfer ?  Obviously this wouldn’t be ideal but if it comes to it ...

Rumors circulating today that since Porto have sold Hector Herrera who is a central midfielder for them. With that sale going through in the summer, apparently Conceicao wants Oliveira back for next season. We would have to put down the 12mil to activate the buy out clause other wise we would have to negotiate with them. If the Herrera sale is true then it's hard to see them settling for any thing less than the 12 million

It's even worse - Herrera's contract is up this summer, and he has refused to extend it. So Portia is going to be pissed they're not getting any return on him, after nearly 6 years with the player. Unless they turn up a better option than Oliveira, it looks like we've seen the last of him.

4 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Rumors are Varela signed a big contract with a Chinese team. Either that or his agent is spreading rumors in order to squeeze more money from Ivan.

It's frustrating. The whole story. It's almost May. What the heck is going on. I LOVE Varela, but hey dude, either you sign or not. If I were Savvidis I would put a deadline. In fact, he should have put a deadline way before. The new PAOK era needs no one. Not even Vieirinha. Do you want to be part of the team, yes or no?

Varela must be holding out for a big offer from another country.  He is probably hoping for a "Prijovic" type of contract to see out his career.  If he gets a big offer he's gone and now I think he's just waiting on his manager to come to him with offers.  What would be disappointing is if he left for only slightly above what we're offering.

As for increasing our offer, how far should we go ?  The offer I believe is 1 million.  Make it 1.5 ?  Even then would he stay ?  And then you risk upsetting the rest of the team.  Is it fair for Varela to be on 1.5 when Crespo is on 600K ?

I think we just have to wait.  If he stays, it simply means he couldn't get anything else.  In the meantime, I hope the club is scouting vigorously for the most likely scenario, which is he won't be with us next season.

Very unfortunate as we all love his passion. 35 years MUDER - FUKER.

• Like it 1