Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2019

pash

I couldn't resist starting the thread.

Opening up with Giannis Bouzoukis. I thought the rumors were complete BS, but now Georgie is wishing him a happy birthday on Instagram...https://inpaok.com/548839/efchithike-se-bouzouki-o-savvidis-pic/

I honestly know very little about him. Transfermarkt values him at 800k: https://www.transfermarkt.com/giannis-bouzoukis/profil/spieler/355761

Personally, I think we're selling Pelkas this summer...if we do, then Bouzoukis might be a considered a replacement (though it's not really in the team's character lately to sign someone as a prospect with only one starter-level guy ahead of him).

I believe Meliopoulos hasn't been announced yet? I wonder if he'll be loaned out immediately (possibly back to Xanthi?).

As you have said....we shouldn't be doing business with Panathinaikos. They want to take our players on for an IOU, then sell their terrible squad back to us at 6x their market value? Get outta here with that BS

Newest word is Varela is going to get about 1mm/year + bonuses for a three year contract. Saw on instagram a rumor that Shakhov's deal would be worked on next, which kind of surprises me. We'll know soon enough...

If he went to a team like Ajax, 4-5mm + a small resale would provide a possibility of better returns over the long run as well. I really don't know where he'd fit in our lineup if we have both Swidersky and Akpom next summer. In my opinion, we'd be better off having a younger player (prospect) like Markovsky as our third option, at least for a season. Cheaper contract, will be less sullen if he doesn't get playing time, etc etc.

8 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

Apparently we signed Xanthi goalie Zivkovic. Don't ask me why.

We were supposed to sign this guy last summer, right?

Not sure it's a good idea to sign someone just because he plays very well against us. But anyway...

It can go 2 ways, we signed Vellidis for that reason we all know how that turned out. We also signed Paschalakis after he dominated a game against us at Toumba a few seasons back. 

But yes yiankos, I agree with you bad transfer philosophy signing players who play well against you

On 4/6/2019 at 8:34 AM, Athens4 said:

Roma interested in Jaba apparently.

Ever since the NT break and Jaba's trip to Porto during this break and the subsequent rumors that Porto is interested in his services his play has been nothing but dismal. This would make me even question his alleged in jury.

Random instagram fan site says that we're planning on adding a buyout  clause for Lamprou's rumored contract extension in the amount of 10mm EUR.

Meanwhile, I saw some other site mention Bouzoukis's price is now 3mm + a player. Get outta here

I don’t get why we even have buyout clauses.  It can only restrict you.  I mean, yeah for some players they might insist on it (e.g. Prijovic) and you don’t really have a say so the player/agent get what they want.  But Lambrou ain’t exactly in a bargaining position.

Regarding Bouzoukis, is the kid really that good ?  I mean sure he might be a great talent, but would he get actual game time in our squad ?  I don’t see him walking into the 11 so basically he’s a bench player.  3 million for a bench player ... I think I’d rather spend that on an Akpom or Jaba.

Edited by Bananas

That's the kind of move you make if Biseswar or Pelkas leaves in the summer, IMO.

I think most of the time, buyouts do not get activated. And they certainly don't stop a player from causing trouble if they *want* to leave. However, there are some other circumstances where they create value:

• it signals your intent to the player that they are valued and you intend to give them time to participate
  • it signals to other teams that the player is not for sale, which is certainly a lie - it is actually a statement that you will not give them away for essentially nothing, which ultimately gives you leverage over both the player and perspective suitors

NOOOOO TO BERG! OH PLEASE GOD NO! We really don't need him; Akpom and Swidersky will only get better as they have more time with the team.

I think we do need to get a new winger, particularly if we lose Henrique, El Kaddouri, and possibly Jaba. That's a lot of churn, even if we do bring back Lamprou.

2 hours ago, pash said:

That's the kind of move you make if Biseswar or Pelkas leaves in the summer, IMO.

Biseswar is not leaving. He just signed a 3-year contract extension. As for Pelkas, considering the poor season he has had if we get any decent offer we should sell him. However if we would replace him with an average player such as Bouzoukis it might not be a good idea.

The 3 mil asking price for Bouzoukis by Panathinaikos is nothing but a wishful thinking by them. All those rumors for Panathinaikos players are nothing but fake news by media. One I heard today was that PAOK will buy Kourbelis and Bouzoukis for 7 mil and will give Karelis to Panathinaikos for free as part of the deal. Never mind the fact that Karelis is not even property of PAOK and his loan ends in June.