Phantis Forums
Argy

Euro 2020 Group J - Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Greece (26 March 2019, Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

I don’t think we should rock the boat with two many different call ups with the exception of the players that were injured of course.. From everything I’m reading and all the pics I see there truly seems to be like this team is building a bond together and you can thank Basinas and Gian, Ang for that.. you can even see the tweets from siovis and Manolas..

I’m really liking what Koutris brings to the team his speed and crosses are good. The minute Masouras came in to the game you can see his impact.. honestly between Samaris, Zeca’s hustle, Koutris crosses, Donis and either  Mitro or Kolouris we can be a fast and creative team.. Add Manolas, and Toro for some of the game and I’m liking our team again.. 

It’s still early although there are good signs so far. This is just the beginning but I do agree with everything you said. Masouras and Kolovos helped us in attack and are better than Mantalos and Pelkas. It’s crazy how nearly all former Panionios players have contributed greatly for the national team.

Edited by Dean97

I also like the fact that it seems that both teams are starting to respect one another more.  Non of the BS that happened the last time out, saw a few pics of the guys taking selfies together. This group will be competitive,  the race for the top two spots may go to the last game.

• Like it 2

2 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I didn’t say to call him up, just stating facts. Most if not all our players can’t finish. We needed a penalty and a good header to draw against Bosnia. You can’t put no substance on Fetfatzidis. His dribbling and skill is levels above all our attackers. The issue with him could be psychological. You can’t deny his natural talent. He can create something out of nothing and on his day can destroy defences. I can’t comment on Ninis because I haven’t seen him play for a very long time. If Bakasetas can have chances and do nothing with them then Fetfatzidis deserves another chance. If not then Lamprou and Chatzigiovannis should take his place. He plays for Aris now and he has been doing well. Bakasetas has the backing of the media and a good agent. He has done nothing as of late to deserve a call up or to even start. 

Kolovos proved my point as he plays for Omonioa a mid table team in Cyprus a lower level league than the Greek and scored the crucial goal. I always rated him and is better than Bakasetas. So what team a player plays for shouldn’t have to be an issue unless they are playing in ametuer leagues which dosent make sense. Don’t get me wrong to be selected you must play otherwise it won’t be fair to others, obviously. 

I hope fetfa gets his act together and earns a call up....he came back from the desert (amateur league) and sucked at Oly, went to Aris and has played a total of 119 min there....and somehow he deserves a call up....but then again the same can be said about Mavrias and Kolovos (who spent last year at Willem II but barely played after being out for 8 months with a torn ACL at Mechelen). I don't think agents and media have much pull with Angelo as far as Bakasetas (or any other player) goes....I don't think we'll see him starting any time soon and I'm sure he'll be dropped when some of the injured players return....plus Angelo will have to start incorporating some of the younger players so we will probably be seeing a lot of depth in many positions where we were previously lacking.

The truth is none of the players mentioned here actually deserve to be on the NT based on form or playing time....but I'm willing to give Anastasiades the benefit of the doubt...on account of his deep faith in the Virgin Mary...its a lot more convincing than listening to Skibbe's excuses the last few years.

Yeah thats true what your saying and I agree. I too want Fetfa to start playing more and prove why he should be in the team. It depends on the coach. If a coach can give him consecutive matches one after the other then you can see what I’m talking about. I don’t have to see him play to joe what he is capable I know by the way he plays. What I’m saying is his ability shouldn’t be judged on the number of games he plays but the performance he gives when given the chance. You have to look at the small details in his game, such as how he  controls the ball, his decision making, passing ability, vision and speed. He hasn’t got the best record in goals but he can certainly create things spontaneously and put it in the platter for his teammates. He did ok at Oly and just recently scored a nice goal for Aris. But yes, he must play consistently in order to receive a call up. 

That’s why It just doesn’t seem right when Bakasetas got the call up and Lamprou didn’t. The differences between the two are big. One is scoring goals regularly and one is regressing by the week. Again it doesn’t seem right. I would’ve preferred Vrousai over Bakasetas. Greeks in Greece seem to have a low football iq and that’s why we’ve seen players like Tziolis and Tzavellas play in the past. They don’t know how a game should be played instead they look at one thing and make a conclusion by saying he is good. For example Bakasetas long shots are what Greeks see as impressive but they don’t realise the other things he does wrong all the time such as his first touch and losing possession. 

They look at Fetfa and think ah he is too small, can’t finish blah blah blah. Yet they don’t realise when he has the ball he is very good with his touches and keeps lose possession. Again they have a low football iq and that’s why players like Fetfa aren’t popular. 

• Like it 1

6 hours ago, Soprano76 said:

@Sirtakisthank you for your comments and I'm loving the username lol

I am huge fun of Sirtaki dance 🙂

• Like it 2
  • Thanks 1

I got to say after reading previous posts here on the game I want to congratulate @Jimmyp for your score prediction during the game... bravo megale your a champion 😂 😂 

• Like it 2

Ι told u guys before that Im quitting the NT for a period of time. Of course imma be folowing but not watching the matches and not being pressured about results either. 
I am at erasmus in fckin Lithuania and there is obviously no place that people would say "Hey lets watch bosna - grekija match." so it helped me not be interested in the mathes.

I was making out with a czech sorta gf I found here and I checked the gazzetta livescore commentatory at 2-0 and said meh I don't care anyways. After about 2 hours I saw the match ended 2-2 and well, let's just say that I went for round 2 and I am a guy that never goes round 2.
Guess I can't help it. Im too much into the National Team. 

• Like it 3

Nothing better than seeing a gutsy performance from your NT.

I like what I'm seeing with this Ethniki and looks like we have options in defence, midfield and forward. Squad depth is looking better. It's a start that gives hope and optimism.

Can't wait for Italy on 8 June in Athens.

Hope EPO organises 1 or 2 friendlies end of May. Greek Super League scheduled to finish 6 May.

• Like it 4

I don't see Bakasetas being called up for the Italy and Armenia matches. Ange saw that he couldn't perform in a big rivalry match vs Bosnia and he couldn't perform well vs lowly Lichtenstein. The guy is not NT material. 

We have a nice pool of talent to draw from, plus add in Manolas, Retsos and Torosidis for the next matches and the team looks very formidable. 

Guys what’s the tie breaker rule? Is it goal differential, Head to head or away goals?

First tie-breaker in UEFA is head-to-head
Second is away goals
Third is goal differential 

• Like it 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I got to say after reading previous posts here on the game I want to congratulate @Jimmyp for your score prediction during the game... bravo megale your a champion 😂 😂 

Thx buddy. Lol. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

• Like it 5

2 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

First tie-breaker in UEFA is head-to-head
Second is away goals
Third is goal differential 

Good to know, I have a good feeling Greece will challenge Italy for 1st place in the group.

• Like it 3
  • Thanks 1

If we beat Italy then I would say it's possible. But Italy were solid vs Finland who are no mugs. Interesting to see how the team lines up when we get players back from injury.

Edited by kbxk508
Clarity
  • Like it 1

Don't wear nylon if one is to go to the Greece vs Italy match. The gel and hairspray in the place, don't carry flammables. This could be a cause of climate change.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Haha 1

Italy has a strong team. We will need to be at our best to get a positive result.

On 4/3/2019 at 6:43 AM, kbxk508 said:

If we beat Italy then I would say it's possible. But Italy were solid vs Finland who are no mugs. Interesting to see how the team lines up when we get players back from injury.

Yes Im curious to see how Ange will slot in all the guys that missed the first 2 games. Manolas, Torosidis, pelkas etc should be back. Bakasetas should not get called up. Italy will be the toughest test in this group so if Greece get 3 points here it will set us up very well with a home date vs Armenia to follow Gotta watch out for Moise Kean he's been in great form.

Watched highlights of Greece at Bosnia in Euro 2008 qualifying a 4-0 win were the Ethniki smashed Bosnia. Katsouranis scored the 4th goal with a beautiful lob over the goalie. What a goalara!!

• Like it 1