Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Greece (26 March 2019, Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

Argy

3 minutes ago, Argy said:

Bosnia should be embarrassed to have come out with even that point. They had no right. Red card or not, the tide had turned a while ago. Their goals were both flukes. 

We cannot start scared anymore. Get the right players on and make a game out of it right away, for god's sake!

How many times will we concede early before we wake up. Same thing vs Croatia last year. 

Yes true.. If Manolas was playing in this game I think we win this game 3-1... 

As for BOSNIA they are not this big team that a lot of people think they are and they showed it!!!

• Like it 2

I hope the Anastasiadis has seen now the correct team over the 2 matches.  He has made many good decisions but still needs to fully commit to it.

It will be crucial for the Italy match to start with the right 11!

Edited by HellasLEAF
  • Like it 3

looks good for us now. that was an away game. they lost pjanic for next match and we'll be much better vs. bosnia at home. 

I'm optimistic we'll qualify now. this was the make or break game imo.

• Like it 2

11 minutes ago, Argy said:

I think Kolovo is on the upswing in his career. That was a gutsy, hungry header. I'll wait before I pass judgement on him. He saved us today. 

At the time I didn't want him coming in when I saw the change.. I was wrong on that call.

• Like it 3

2 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

looks good for us now. that was an away game. they lost pjanic for next match and we'll be much better vs. bosnia at home. 

I'm optimistic we'll qualify now. this was the make or break game imo.

Down 0-2 after 20 will take a tie gladly.. For Bosnia it feels like a LOSS.. and no Pjanic in a tricky encounter in Finland.

Just now, Ellada2004 said:

At the time I didn't want him coming in when I saw the change.. I was wrong on that call.

same but tzavellas also saved our butts in the other bosnia game but didn't mean he should be starting

I think if Manolas Koulouris (Donis/Masouras on the wings) started we would have won the game.

• Like it 3

1 minute ago, georgelaz said:

same but tzavellas also saved our butts in the other bosnia game but didn't mean he should be starting

I think if Manolas Koulouris (Donis/Masouras on the wings) started we would have won the game.

Manolas was there we win 100%

• Like it 3

Boys we never score goals as we average under .5 goals a game so to start the tournament in our first 2 games and scoring 4 goals is a step in the right direction.. When was the last time we scored more then 1 goal in a game against an equal or better opponent..  

• Like it 1

Boys Samaris looks like he’s starting to solidly his spot as a starter good for him.. For me and some of you might disagree but Zeca to me has so much heart and he hustles like crazy and you can see this guy plays his ass off for the NT...

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 2

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

Boys Samaris looks like he’s starting to solidly his spot as a starter good for him.. For me and some of you might disagree but Zeca to me has so much heart and he hustles like crazy and you can see this guy plays his ass off for the NT...

zeca is so good. he has the most spirit out of anyone there and he's not even greek LOL

• Like it 4

2 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Samaris is looking like the player we were hoping he'd be.  He's been a leader these two matches. 

In 2 games we have created more chances and showed more attacking mindset than the in the past 3 years.

Masouras kai Kolovos can help; I like Siovas btw. The one that I don't like is bakakis; we should find a better option. Fourtounis was very good; Zeka's versatility is huge.

• Like it 4

Just now, HellasLEAF said:

Samaris is looking like the player we were hoping he'd be.  He's been a leader these two matches. 

He's always had the skill. Just training with the class of Benfica should be good enough technically to earn you starting role. It was upstairs that was plaguing him. Hopefully he has matured into the player that we all anticipated. 

• Like it 3

can't wait for retsos and torosidis return from injury. Bakakis was pretty bad this game. (He's decent though overall the hate is a bit unwarranted. He's pretty engine and was key in the AEK double)

Koulouris needs to get the respect he deserves and be our striker when mitroglou isnt performing

Donis needs to play as a winger. His headers are so weak and he's not tall enough to be an aerial threat anyways, it's his pace that makes him great, which is utilized on the wingz.

• Like it 3

Just now, georgelaz said:

can't wait for retsos and torosidis return from injury. Bakakis was pretty bad this game. (He's decent though overall the hate is a bit unwarranted. He's pretty engine and was key in the AEK double)

Koulouris needs to get the respect he deserves and be our striker when mitroglou isnt performing

Donis needs to play as a winger. His headers are so weak and he's not tall enough to be an aerial threat anyways, it's his pace that makes him great, which is utilized on the wingz.

Yes, they showed great fighting spirit today like the Greece of old.. 

With all our KEY players we can beat Italy 

• Like it 1

6 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Zeca to me has so much heart and he hustles like crazy and you can see this guy plays his ass off for the NT...

Not me! I am the "president" of Zeka's fun club.

If you rate his performance's in NT games he has played he is on to tier along with manolas, soktakis & fourtounis.

• Like it 1

5 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Yes, they showed great fighting spirit today like the Greece of old.. 

With all our KEY players we can beat Italy 

Although we are plagued with injuries, primarily at the back, I would say that we fielded our strongest lineup in the second half, barring Manolas, who is still ahead of Siovas, despite the latter's strong play, and maybe Toro or Retso over Bakakis. 

Bakaseta shouldn't even be on the team, Mantalo is a sub at best, KPap, Staf and Tsimikas are backups, Mitroglou is irrelevant, nothing more than a super-sub going forward. 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic