Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Greece (26 March 2019, Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

Argy

11 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Have a look at the difference in style. Durmisaj has more of an upside to Koulouris. Durmisaj can shoot powerfully outside the box and can score headers. He can hold up the play and pass to his teammates very well. Koulouris just scores tap ins and rebounds not that impressive compared to Durmisaj. 

I'm intrigued by Durmisaj.  Apparently he will move to OSFP.  

Can any Panionios fans shed some light, sounds like he has very good upside. 

2 hours ago, HellasLEAF said:

I'm intrigued by Durmisaj.  Apparently he will move to OSFP.  

Can any Panionios fans shed some light, sounds like he has very good upside. 

That’s where most Panionios players end up after a good season, 10% make it, 90% get loaned out again lol.

Check out below points scoring system on Agona for player ratings as per match contributions in match

https://www.agonasport.com/agonasport-allnews/ambitious-ionikos-add-mavrokefalidis-jzlr3-el4te

Edited by Alphonse
  • Like it 1

7 hours ago, Brklyngrk said:

Read an article from a Bosnian reporter - He basically said that Greece came to Bosnia with quite a few of their regular starters and you can see that they were rattled early on.  The free kick was scored due to a mistake by Greece not putting on a wall.  Once they gathered themselves, you can see their experience (he even used pedigree - knowing how to play in these types of games).  The truth is, at this level, anyone can shock another team on their best team.  The teams that play together a lot and genuinely have a great team atmosphere have more of a shot than a bunch of hot shots pieced together. Look around, you see upsets all the time. 

Regarding  Liechtenstein, Italy scored 2 penalties against them and they were playing with 10 men for more than 45 minutes.  Not saying that Italy didn't deserve the win, but they probably don't score 6 goals on them the next time out.  If Greece plays to their strengths, they can make some noise.  Either way, their play is so much better than it was in the fall.

Congratulations for the great comeback and in general good display in 70 minutes of the game. We had furious 20 minutes and that is all. Unfortunately, football should be played for 90 minutes. I cannot say we understated Greece, as we have some kind of rivalry and full respect for the Greece team. We even expected good display from you side because of few missing players, as the new players always want to prove quality.   
But at end we have to be more than satisfied with result and probably Greece was closer to win. After 20 furious minutes and 2:0 lead we have started to believe that Greece have no attacking potential to come back. We had played on counter attack waiting for Greek's mistake that have never came. Our coach completely misjudged the game, and after red card he even did not know what to do. Leaving injured Dzeko to chase defense and huge gap in the middle with so many tired players resulted at end with huge disappointment. Anyway, this is not first time we got a lesson from Greece that football should be played for 90 minutes, sometimes and 95 ?
However, this is pretty much Bosnia new team. We have lost Lulić, Ibišević, Misimović and few other older players, and definitely we will need time to create solid competitive team. After two games, in my opinion we do not have what it takes for second place. 
Good luck in next matches. Greetings from Sarajevo. 

• Like it 6

10 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

^^^^Ninis : 28yrs old and playing in 2nd division Israel, let's allow the kid to continue  his journey into obscurity in peace and stop bringing up his name as a possible call up. I personally thought calling up Kolovos was a headscratcher...I still do but after the goal I'm glad Angelo called him up instead of say Fetfatzides....and Kolovos earned more chances instead Fetfa who is all flash and little substance....we can't afford to field players who make a dribble (and solicit oohs and ahhs from fans) and then disappear the next 20 minutes. Add to that the fact that our LBs and RBs are problematic defensively so the wingers need to help out in that regard which is something you can forget about with Fetfa. That's why Angelo called up Mavrias and Kolovos ahead of Fetfa....I think. He definitely has a plan.

I didn’t say to call him up, just stating facts. Most if not all our players can’t finish. We needed a penalty and a good header to draw against Bosnia. You can’t put no substance on Fetfatzidis. His dribbling and skill is levels above all our attackers. The issue with him could be psychological. You can’t deny his natural talent. He can create something out of nothing and on his day can destroy defences. I can’t comment on Ninis because I haven’t seen him play for a very long time. If Bakasetas can have chances and do nothing with them then Fetfatzidis deserves another chance. If not then Lamprou and Chatzigiovannis should take his place. He plays for Aris now and he has been doing well. Bakasetas has the backing of the media and a good agent. He has done nothing as of late to deserve a call up or to even start. 

Kolovos proved my point as he plays for Omonioa a mid table team in Cyprus a lower level league than the Greek and scored the crucial goal. I always rated him and is better than Bakasetas. So what team a player plays for shouldn’t have to be an issue unless they are playing in ametuer leagues which dosent make sense. Don’t get me wrong to be selected you must play otherwise it won’t be fair to others, obviously. 

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 1

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

I don’t think we should rock the boat with two many different call ups with the exception of the players that were injured of course.. From everything I’m reading and all the pics I see there truly seems to be like this team is building a bond together and you can thank Basinas and Gian, Ang for that.. you can even see the tweets from siovis and Manolas..

I’m really liking what Koutris brings to the team his speed and crosses are good. The minute Masouras came in to the game you can see his impact.. honestly between Samaris, Zeca’s hustle, Koutris crosses, Donis and either  Mitro or Kolouris we can be a fast and creative team.. Add Manolas, and Toro for some of the game and I’m liking our team again.. 

It’s still early although there are good signs so far. This is just the beginning but I do agree with everything you said. Masouras and Kolovos helped us in attack and are better than Mantalos and Pelkas. It’s crazy how nearly all former Panionios players have contributed greatly for the national team.

Edited by Dean97

I also like the fact that it seems that both teams are starting to respect one another more.  Non of the BS that happened the last time out, saw a few pics of the guys taking selfies together. This group will be competitive,  the race for the top two spots may go to the last game.

• Like it 2

Yeah thats true what your saying and I agree. I too want Fetfa to start playing more and prove why he should be in the team. It depends on the coach. If a coach can give him consecutive matches one after the other then you can see what I’m talking about. I don’t have to see him play to joe what he is capable I know by the way he plays. What I’m saying is his ability shouldn’t be judged on the number of games he plays but the performance he gives when given the chance. You have to look at the small details in his game, such as how he  controls the ball, his decision making, passing ability, vision and speed. He hasn’t got the best record in goals but he can certainly create things spontaneously and put it in the platter for his teammates. He did ok at Oly and just recently scored a nice goal for Aris. But yes, he must play consistently in order to receive a call up. 

That’s why It just doesn’t seem right when Bakasetas got the call up and Lamprou didn’t. The differences between the two are big. One is scoring goals regularly and one is regressing by the week. Again it doesn’t seem right. I would’ve preferred Vrousai over Bakasetas. Greeks in Greece seem to have a low football iq and that’s why we’ve seen players like Tziolis and Tzavellas play in the past. They don’t know how a game should be played instead they look at one thing and make a conclusion by saying he is good. For example Bakasetas long shots are what Greeks see as impressive but they don’t realise the other things he does wrong all the time such as his first touch and losing possession. 

They look at Fetfa and think ah he is too small, can’t finish blah blah blah. Yet they don’t realise when he has the ball he is very good with his touches and keeps lose possession. Again they have a low football iq and that’s why players like Fetfa aren’t popular. 

• Like it 1

Ι told u guys before that Im quitting the NT for a period of time. Of course imma be folowing but not watching the matches and not being pressured about results either. 
I am at erasmus in fckin Lithuania and there is obviously no place that people would say "Hey lets watch bosna - grekija match." so it helped me not be interested in the mathes.

I was making out with a czech sorta gf I found here and I checked the gazzetta livescore commentatory at 2-0 and said meh I don't care anyways. After about 2 hours I saw the match ended 2-2 and well, let's just say that I went for round 2 and I am a guy that never goes round 2.
Guess I can't help it. Im too much into the National Team. 

• Like it 3

Nothing better than seeing a gutsy performance from your NT.

I like what I'm seeing with this Ethniki and looks like we have options in defence, midfield and forward. Squad depth is looking better. It's a start that gives hope and optimism.

Can't wait for Italy on 8 June in Athens.

Hope EPO organises 1 or 2 friendlies end of May. Greek Super League scheduled to finish 6 May.

• Like it 4

I don't see Bakasetas being called up for the Italy and Armenia matches. Ange saw that he couldn't perform in a big rivalry match vs Bosnia and he couldn't perform well vs lowly Lichtenstein. The guy is not NT material. 

We have a nice pool of talent to draw from, plus add in Manolas, Retsos and Torosidis for the next matches and the team looks very formidable. 

11 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I got to say after reading previous posts here on the game I want to congratulate @Jimmyp for your score prediction during the game... bravo megale your a champion ? ? 

Thx buddy. Lol. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. 

• Like it 5

2 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

First tie-breaker in UEFA is head-to-head
Second is away goals
Third is goal differential 

Good to know, I have a good feeling Greece will challenge Italy for 1st place in the group.

• Like it 3
  • Thanks 1

If we beat Italy then I would say it's possible. But Italy were solid vs Finland who are no mugs. Interesting to see how the team lines up when we get players back from injury.

Edited by kbxk508
Clarity
  • Like it 1

Don't wear nylon if one is to go to the Greece vs Italy match. The gel and hairspray in the place, don't carry flammables. This could be a cause of climate change.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Haha 1

On 4/3/2019 at 6:43 AM, kbxk508 said:

If we beat Italy then I would say it's possible. But Italy were solid vs Finland who are no mugs. Interesting to see how the team lines up when we get players back from injury.

Yes Im curious to see how Ange will slot in all the guys that missed the first 2 games. Manolas, Torosidis, pelkas etc should be back. Bakasetas should not get called up. Italy will be the toughest test in this group so if Greece get 3 points here it will set us up very well with a home date vs Armenia to follow Gotta watch out for Moise Kean he's been in great form.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic