Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Greece (26 March 2019, Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

Argy

Kolovos had a half volley in the box saved too.

Fortounis had a great chance in the first half. Greece created lots of chanced today, last time in Zenica we had one chance to score with Mantalos missing a sitter.

• Like it 1

When Bosnia come to Greece we will beat them if we play the same way as we did in the 2nd half and with a healthy Manolas.

I think Finland maybe our biggest threat for second place in the group. If we can pull of a win with Italy then we are in a tremendous position going forward as Italy will play Bosnia twice going forward and will most likely take 4 points from them if not all 6.

I'm craving some post match interviews with players/coaches and analysis but hard to come by from smaller nations playing each other.

We had the fighting spirit vs. Belgium and Bosnia last series too.

was only the euro 2016 qualifier that was really that bad. going out to world cup finalists without one of our best defenders manolas (getting short end of stick on uefa on that call)

Edited by georgelaz

Bosnia lack the mental toughness in these matches that's why Im not sold on them. They have two great players in Pjanic and Dzeko but we all saw Pjanic lose his mind and take a straight red for nothing. You cant do those things in these big matches and expect to win.

3 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Bosnia lack the mental toughness in these matches that's why Im not sold on them. They have two great players in Pjanic and Dzeko but we all saw Pjanic lose his mind and take a straight red for nothing. You cant do those things in these big matches and expect to win.

they're hot heads and our players caught on to this and were trying to be extra civil to calm them down.

• Like it 1

10 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

I'm craving some post match interviews with players/coaches and analysis but hard to come by from smaller nations playing each other.

We had the fighting spirit vs. Belgium and Bosnia last series too.

was only the euro 2016 qualifier that was really that bad. going out to world cup finalists without one of our best defenders manolas (getting short end of stick on uefa on that call)

I’m searching for the press conference video but can’t find it anywhere..

4 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

The attitude of some of these Bosnians is so laughable!

Were are the new Bosnian posters on this forum??

eh to be fair those guys were very nice and civil. they're probably the more enlightened ones to find this forum. I'd rather it just be greek soccer fans though so we can be a bit more cheeky.

PS what happened to Vranjes? some guy on youtube said he was kicked out of the Bosnian team for sticking up for AEK fans? he's a great cb

Edited by georgelaz

4 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

The attitude of some of these Bosnians is so laughable!

Were are the new Bosnian posters on this forum??

Here. I've been here for a while though.

I don't know why you have this impression in every post, no one thinks we are a big team, we are a mediocre team who fights for 2nd and 3rd place in qualification groups. No one thinks we're a superpower. Today, we played a horrible game and closed down after leading 2-0 and got what was to be expected. In the end, lucky to keep it at 2-2 and not concede a 3rd goal. That's football.

Anyway, until October 15th, peace out

Edited by kosaca
  • Like it 2

1 minute ago, kosaca said:

Here. I've been here for a while though.

I don't know why you have this impression in every post, no one thinks we are a big team, we are a mediocre team who fights for 2nd and 3rd place in qualification groups. No one thinks we're a superpower. Today, we played a horrible game and closed down after leading 2-0 and got what was to be expected. In the end, lucky to keep it at 2-2 and not concede a 3rd goal. That's football.

No worries.. You played a very good first 25 minutes and we were out of sorts uncharacteristically at the back.. Missing Manolas had a lot to do with that. Anyways will see you in Greece in a few months.

Bosnia destroyed us first 20 minutes I thought we were gunna lose 5-0 with that let up. Weird thing we often are having brain farts and slow to get into the game but then we just started dominating.

with manolas back and a few key others it will be all Greece in Hellas I believe but can't get too cocky either but I'm optimistic what can I say

3 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

yeah so I found an article about it. Vranjes is more pro Serbia/Russia as he's orthodox according to this article which has friction from bosniak fans

http://www.sarajevotimes.com/ognjen-vranjes-disqualified-from-bih-football-team/

I remember him saying how much he loved it at AEK and still loves the club and fans.

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic