Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Greece (26 March 2019, Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

Argy

I was gunna go to a greek bar to watch it after first 20 minutes i was glad I didn't by end of the game I wish I did. Just watched at home.

we really have a bad habit of being brain dead first third of matches and then wake up.

sokratis was pretty bad. siovas was actually much better and good building play at the back.

koutris was really good second half.

fortounis was tricky for their defense but also made some plays that lost us the ball.

donis can't be solo striker, should've started koulouris there and we would've for sure gotten another goal (instead of bouchalakis who was useless)

masouras was good and breathe of fresh air as well.

I still don't rate kolovos and think that was a lucky header but thanks for scoring.

zeca was amazing as usually and saved us from going down 3-0

great game. bosnia and greece have quite a rivalry. I'm glad both sides kept it relatively classy, helping each other up etc. sokratis classy for the injury kicking the ball away from play (but sokratis looked like he lacked spirit to me unno)

Edited by georgelaz
  • Like it 1

That was unbelievable. Disappointed that we didn't come away with the 3 points, but a thrilling game for a change. 

If Anastasiadis comes out with the defensive scheme again vs Italy then today's comeback will be in vain. Enough with that garbage loser mentality. It will continue to plague this team. Good on the coach for going for the win in the end though. 

• Like it 3

1 minute ago, georgelaz said:

great game. bosnia and greece have quite a rivalry. I'm glad both sides kept it relatively classy, helping each other up etc. sokratis classy for the injury kicking the ball away from play (but sokratis looked like he lacked spirit to me unno)

I don't see it. He wasn't at fault for anything and kept things tight all game.

• Like it 2

14 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

We could have won it at the end!! 

We own BOSNIA!!!!!!!!!!!

Bosnia should be embarrassed to have come out with even that point. They had no right. Red card or not, the tide had turned a while ago. Their goals were both flukes. 

We cannot start scared anymore. Get the right players on and make a game out of it right away, for god's sake!

How many times will we concede early before we wake up. Same thing vs Croatia last year. 

• Like it 5

As much as I criticized the coach for the mistake to start the game I give him full credit for making in game adjustments and changing the style to at the very least give us a chance.. Hopefuly now he sees unless we are playing a superpower we need to come out with speed and creativity and not just sit back and take the pressure..

• Like it 7

5 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

I still don't rate kolovos and think that was a lucky header but thanks for scoring.

I think Kolovo is on the upswing in his career. That was a gutsy, hungry header. I'll wait before I pass judgement on him. He saved us today. 

• Like it 5

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic