Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Greece (26 March 2019, Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

Argy

Bakakis once again proving he he doesn't have what it takes to play at this level. The issue is we don't really have an alternative, it's an aging Torosidis (when fit) or a plugging in a center back. You'd have to say for games like this Retsos (again when fit) would be the best option   

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, gsots said:

moron coach! goes down 2 nil right away and doesn't make a single sub the whole half... instead leaves fortounis and donis on their own having to run around the whole field wasting energy

I just don't understand why we're parking the bus like we're playing Brazil or France or something. That's how it became 1-0 so quick. 2nd goal is all Vlachodimos. Since we started playing them straight up, it's been a lot better, but probably too late.

1 minute ago, Omonoia9 said:

I just don't understand why we're parking the bus like we're playing Brazil or France or something. That's how it became 1-0 so quick. 2nd goal is all Vlachodimos. Since we started playing them straight up, it's been a lot better, but probably too late.

They had their chances to cut into it. 

yes it is the coaches fault when you field a line up of d minded players who are incapable of moving the ball quickly up the field. bosnia just kept getting the ball back which led to countless attacks in the first 10 mins and completely overwhelmed us. when you only have to worry about defending against 2 players ( fortounis and donis) you can push more players up the field and keep them up there to stifle our break outs... 

I think these coaches over think these matches.. We didn't have to play so defensive to start the game as it really F***ed us.... I had flashes of the Croatia game in this first half... Why couldn't we simply put our BEST line up and go head to head with these guys???? why do we need to play scared ffs... Masouras , Donis and Kolouris…. Use your brain coach... You tried to play for the tie and you got spanked..

• Like it 1

Greece looked shaky, but to be honest, both goals were of the fluke variety.  The 1st one was a block off Zeca where it went right to a Bosnian player.  The next one was off a free kick. They completely outplayed us in the opening 20 minutes but we have calmed down and slowly getting our footing. I wonder if he makes any changes.

• Like it 1

if we had fielded a regular line up, bosnia might have still gotten some chances. but nothing close to what they got, and we'd have more room coming back up the field. 2 of the dms need to come off to start to the 2nd half. this is already an uphill climb and if we have any chance of salvaging this, we need to go after it for the full 45. we cant afford to waste anymore time with this line up. and if he even thinks about subbing off donis or fortou, he should hang himself!

1 minute ago, Brklyngrk said:

Greece looked shaky, but to be honest, both goals were of the fluke variety.  The 1st one was a block off Zeca where it went right to a Bosnian player.  The next one was off a free kick. They completely outplayed us in the opening 20 minutes but we have calmed down and slowly getting our footing. I wonder if he makes any changes.

That may be, but we are where we are. We also gave them a stupid corner that led to that first goal, and with a competent GK, that free kick is an easy save

Vlaho is a good gk...as anyone in Portugal, they think he is one of the best in their league.

Whether that's true or not(I hear good things), he wasn't on that play.

Vlaho is a good gk...as anyone in Portugal, they think he is one of the best in their league.

I’d hate to see the other keepers in that country then. He has as trouble with every ball 

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic