Phantis Forums

Euro 2020: Liechtenstein-Greece(23 March 2019, Rheinpark Stadion, Vaduz)

Omonoia9

25 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I agree but it seems like he’s going to stick with Donis as the striker.. Also Mitro is out 100% so he is not an option.. I will be speechless if bakasetas starts in this game.

Donis isn't clinical as a single striker we'll lose or draw for sure if he does that 

4 hours ago, georgelaz said:

^ Yes I'm fully aware of the draw but both our games were very competitive against them.

this Bosnia game imo is make or break. It's tough because it's away game. I find out NT has a poor psychology but if we build momentum belief sets in.

the poor start vs. romania euro 2016 was very pivotal. I think our qualifying chances very much rest on this Bosnia game. if we get a draw or win then we have a very good chance to qualify. If we don't win I think it's a very serious uphill climb (even though it shouldn't be)

actually, if you ask me from the traditional top 8 NT giants who we'd have the best chance of beating I'd put Italy up there. (eg) Germany, France, England, Brazil, Argentina, Spain, Italy) 

Italy are traditionally a slowish defensive style and they rely on set pieces (they're very similar to us). They have more skill whereas we have more strength to muscle them off set pieces easily. 

A draw for us would be like a win. If we can sneak out a victory then I think it puts us in a great position mentally going forward and into the match vs Italy where the team will be confident at home vs Italy and maybe Greece make it 3 wins out of 3. 

Our styles are similar so it will suit us just fine, not like going up against a speed filled side like say a France where we wouldn't fair well.

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

I'm reading that Donis will be the striker and Kolovos, Masouras and Bakasetas will challenge for the 2 wing spots.... Does this make sense to anybody??? why in the world wouldn't you use Donis on the wing and take advantage of his speed along with Masouras and Kolouris as a striker??  Can you imagine Kolovos and Bakasetas on the wing?. I hope the Coach is smarter then this and I hope he learns from Bakasetas last match as he was the worst player on the field..

Please God know Bakasetas I beg coach Ange do not play this guy again!!

Bakasetas will not be able to counter as he has no speed  and he can’t pass.. overall he is s%$#!.. With Mitro out you MUST start Kolouris as a Striker and you need to put Donis on the wing with Masouras.. This by far gives us the best chance to win and actually create a few scoring chances.. I have a bad feeling after reading a few articles that we are going to see bakasetas on the wing.. 

• Like it 1

On 3/24/2019 at 8:35 PM, Ellada2004 said:

Yes even Agonasport said he was the worst player on the NT and he should not be considered for selection on the Ethniki in the future.

I hope Anastasiadis sees now that he is useless. He didnt play against Bosnia so I suppose the coach recognized his limitations. ?

• Like it 2

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic